What's new

US: If China goes to war we will make it go back 100 years

this also isn't 1990. 20 years passed you know.
And the US military gained a lot more experience than the PLA has in the same time frame.

service history, heh, janitors in the army get a rank too, so what?
There are no janitors AFSC or MOS in the US military. But am willing to make that allowance for the PLA. Was that yours? May be you were rejected even for the janitor position?

And the US military gained a lot more experience than the PLA has in the same time frame.

That argument falls down when you realize that the US military spent most of that time training for multiple roles and against different force compositions while the PLA in 20 years has one and only one job. Training for a possible confrontation with the US military.

Like someone else said, for every one dollar China spends, it forces the US to spend 4 or 5 dollars.

That argument falls down when you realize that the US military spent most of that time training for multiple roles and against different force compositions while the PLA in 20 years has one and only one job. Training for a possible confrontation with the US military.

Like someone else said, for every one dollar China spends, it forces the US to spend 4 or 5 dollars.
That arguments falls flat when it is well known that diversity in experience, from environments to cultures, encourages creativity and flexibility. And please do not bore me with post Saddam Iraq...:rolleyes:

That arguments falls flat when it is well known that diversity in experience, from environments to cultures, encourages creativity and flexibility. And please do not bore me with post Saddam Iraq...:rolleyes:

Yeah... US military planners didn't want to be bored with post Saddam Iraq either in 2003.

Nope no insurgency here, must be some Saddam dead enders.

So Mr.Gambit, if you're really that confident and certain about your military why don't you just attack China or why didn't you do it or declare war seconds ago? You're letting us getting stronger in that several seconds after all, it's bad for you. I'm in one of your good universities right now, the name is University of Michigan if you have heard it. And let me tell you my dream is to make China capable of kicking your butt if we really have to. If so why did I come to America? Well, I didn't know your country is such a drug rotten arrogance prideful and black cxck slxt nation. Seriously I don't think there is a bright future before you. I'm here to learn programming and I can program in 6 programming languages already, my favorite is lisp, get an idea of that? Mr.Know-all? Perhaps someday in the future my country could use my technology to give your country a big surprise again. This is my first registration here and I don't come here often but I need to remind you, a world that you attacked China would be totally different from a world like today's. Just go imagining in you bed buddy. So anything about your militarily supremacy, I seriously don't give phuque.

So Mr.Gambit, if you're really that confident and certain about your military why don't you just attack China or why didn't you do it or declare war seconds ago? You're letting us getting stronger in that several seconds after all, it's bad for you. I'm in one of your good universities right now, the name is University of Michigan if you have heard it. And let me tell you my dream is to make China capable of kicking your butt if we really have to. If so why did I come to America? Well, I didn't know your country is such a drug rotten arrogance prideful and black cxck slxt nation. Seriously I don't think there is a bright future before you. I'm here to learn programming and I can program in 6 programming languages already, my favorite is lisp, get an idea of that? Mr.Know-all? Perhaps someday in the future my country could use my technology to give your country a big surprise again. This is my first registration here and I don't come here often but I need to remind you, a world that you attacked China would be totally different from a world like today's. Just go imagining in you bed buddy. So anything about your militarily supremacy, phuque that.

So Mr.Gambit, if you're really that confident and certain about your military why don't you just attack China or why didn't you do it or declare war seconds ago? You're letting us getting stronger in that several seconds after all, it's bad for you. I'm in one of your good universities right now, the name is University of Michigan if you have heard it. And let me tell you my dream is to make China capable of kicking your butt if we really have to. If so why did I come to America? Well, I didn't know your country is such a drug rotten arrogance prideful and black cxck slxt nation. Seriously I don't think there is a bright future before you. I'm here to learn programming and I can program in 6 programming languages already, my favorite is lisp, get an idea of that? Mr.Know-all? Perhaps someday in the future my country could use my technology to give your country a big surprise again. This is my first registration here and I don't come here often but I need to remind you, a world that you attacked China would be totally different from a world like today's. Just go imagining in you bed buddy. So anything about your militarily supremacy, I seriously don't give phuque.
Saved...!!! Thanx so much for showing Americans how you really feel about US while taking advantage of American generosity and tolerance. :D

FBI arrests man for attempts to smuggle sensitive military ICs to China - 2010-12-07 17:05:06 | EDN
By Suzanne Deffree, Managing editor, news -- EDN, December 7, 2010
The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) has arrested a Woodinville, Wash, man who allegedly attempted to smuggle "sensitive military technology" to the People's Republic of China.

Lian Yang made an initial appearance in US District Court in Seattle Monday following his arrest on December 3.

According to the FBI, Yang attempted to purchase and export 300 radiation-hardened, programmable semiconductor devices used in satellites. Without giving further details on the technologies involved, the FBI said the parts are export restricted and require export license or approval from the US State Department authorizing the export of these items.

The FBI has alleged that Yang contemplated creating a shell company in the United States that would appear to be purchasing the parts so that he could conceal the fact the parts were to be shipped to China. After planning false purchase orders that would indicate the parts to be purchased were not restricted parts, Yang agreed to pay $620,000 to obtain the 300 parts through subterfuge, the FBI claimed.

Yang had been under surveillance for months. In July was detained by Customs and Border Protection personnel and Homeland Security Investigations when he returned from a trip to China regarding equipment in his luggage. In the fall, Yang attended a series of meetings with undercover agents posing as contacts who could obtain the restricted parts. The FBI said that on multiple occasions Yang and the participants in the meetings discussed legal restrictions on exporting these types of parts. The FBI arrested Yang when he was scheduled to meet with undercover agents to exchange cash for parts.

Yang is charged with conspiracy to violate the Arms Export Control Act, punishable by up to five years in prison.

"Our national security and economic competitiveness rely on vigorous protection of our sensitive technologies," said US Attorney for the Western District of Washington Jenny A Durkan in a statement from the FBI. "I commend the FBI and Homeland Security Investigations for their work on this case."

The case is being investigated by the FBI with assistance from Homeland Security Investigations.
Looks like the Cold War never really did end. Just another player stepping into the ring. Now do be careful if you are going to do something like the above. :D

Saved...!!! Thanx so much for showing Americans how you really feel about US while taking advantage of American generosity and tolerance. :D

FBI arrests man for attempts to smuggle sensitive military ICs to China - 2010-12-07 17:05:06 | EDN

Looks like the Cold War never really did end. Just another player stepping into the ring. Now do be careful if you are going to do something like the above. :D

Honestly, the cold war was more of reality than this banter you guys going back and forth with. it only plays into the US hands...if the Chinese are stupid enough to fall for it and challenge this space .

it only plays into the US hands...if Chinese are stupid enough to fall for it.

As time goes on, China's position strengthens.

So the pragmatic thing to do is to keep cool, and be patient... time is on our side.

This is got to be the most school yard back talk and chest thumping topic I have ever read. This whole assumption is based on nonsense and if china falls for it? the only pitfall to be is china's.

This is got to be the most school yard back talk and chest thumping topic I have ever read. This whole assumption is based on nonsense and if china falls for it? the only pitfall to be is china's.

Nobody is "falling" for anything.

As if somehow the rantings on an internet forum have anything to do with the national policy of any country.

As time goes on, China's position strengthens.

So the pragmatic thing to do is to keep cool, and be patient... time is on our side.

If you don't fall for what is being discussed in this topic. I agree. see- soviet union and the cold war race to learn from it.

but I have to hand it to you guys, there is a lot of chickens being counted here... . The world is a very fragile place and you have no clue what events transpire that bring a house of cards crashing down.

If you don't fall for what is being discussed in this topic. I agree. see- soviet union and the cold war race to learn from it.

but I have to hand it to you guys, there is a lot of chickens being counted here... . The world is a very fragile place and you have no clue what events transpire that bring a house of cards crashing down.

Nobody wants a crash anywhere in the world, least of all us.

China is doing very well out of the current economic system. Why rock the boat?

Man , are we going to see you in handcuffs on our national TV being led away for some terrorist acts you plan against the US? I can't imagine a US citizen talking the way you do... it's beyond sedation . you seem to thrive on hoping the country implodes . what are doing in the US living off it? you don't have any political discourse about US policies , you just seem to rejoice in promoting everything anti US and want it to implode.

This is the reason why US is strong and India (also China in this respect) is weak.

I am academically trained in science/engineering/liberal arts/history... I talk with evidence and fact, not fantasies, to show my patriotism.

I agreed that if I were in India, I would be clubbed into death by your mobs. That’s why India sucks :tdown: and USA is greater :tup:.

Back
Top Bottom