What's new

US Government vs Congress: Sale of F16s to Pakistan

I wonder why Pakistan does not select F-15. I guess F-15 is more potent than F-16. We have only 40 F-15sgs upgraded with AESA radar (AESA seems to be very popular on pdf).

I wonder why Pakistan does not select F-15. I guess F-15 is more potent than F-16. We have only 40 F-15sgs upgraded with AESA radar (AESA seems to be very popular on pdf).

1. Too expensive.
2. New aircraft type
3. US will not sell Pakistan AESA-equipped aircraft to please India

1. Too expensive.
2. New aircraft type

Why wouldn't it? And besides we can buy "AESA" from other nations.. What's the big deal? Even JF will get it!

Why wouldn't it? And besides we can buy "AESA" from other nations.. What's the big deal? Even JF will get it!

True. JF-17s can get AESA-radars from multiple sources. I was talking about AESA radars from US, specifically for F-16s. For the following reasons: 1) Nothing do with WoT 2) It will give PAF an advantage over IAF and US does not want to displease India for multiple reasons.

True. JF-17s can get AESA-radars from multiple sources. I was talking about AESA radars from US, specifically for F-16s. For the following reasons: 1) Nothing do with WoT 2) It will give PAF an advantage over IAF and US does not want to displease India for multiple reasons.

Lmao .. Tell us what Amraams or F-16s & other goodies like EW/ELINT systems etc etc have to do with WOT..:lol:

As for displeasing India.. Not really.. unless Paks geopolitical location,importance miraculously disappears and india becomes a US pawn against China .. Only than can I believe that rhetoric..

Lmao .. Tell us what Amraams or F-16s & other goodies like EW/ELINT systems etc etc have to do with WOT..:lol:

Nothing. These systems were given in the past. Try getting them now. Even this F-16 deal was touted by Pakistan to be used against terrorists. But deal does not include AESA radar or AtoA missiles. Did not Pakistan not ask for them?

What happened to frigate transfer and the order for global cutters. Sorry, but the selection has narrowed significantly.

As for displeasing India.. Not really.. unless Paks geopolitical location,importance miraculously disappears and india becomes a US pawn against China .. Only than can I believe that rhetoric..

If US thought Pakistan was of any importance, do you think they would deny subsidizing the purchase of mere F-16s? US relations with Pakistan is being downgraded in favor of India and, yes, it all has to do with China. Pakistan can't help US here given CPEC.

Nothing. These systems were given in the past. Try getting them now. Even this F-16 deal was touted by Pakistan to be used against terrorists. But deal does not include AESA radar or AtoA missiles. Did not Pakistan not ask for them?
Past? Yeah a few years.

No Pak didn't ask for BVRs (we already bought them in large numbers) nor did Pak ask for AESA.. The order is/was for Block52+'s.

What happened to frigate transfer and the order for global cutters. Sorry, but the selection has narrowed significantly.

Frigates I don't know.. Cutters the sale was approved.
If US thought Pakistan was of any importance, do you think they would deny subsidizing the purchase of mere F-16s? US relations with Pakistan is being downgraded in favor of India and, yes, it all has to do with China. Pakistan can't help US here given CPEC.

Guess what.. I'm gonna bet the deal will go through!

Past? Yeah a few years.

No Pak didn't ask for BVRs (we already bought them in large numbers) nor did Pak ask for AESA.. The order is/was for Block52+'s.

Frigates I don't know.. Cutters the sale was approved.

Hi,

I think the president will promise the senator and possibly the deal may go thru---but delivery--that is a different story.

1. Too expensive.
2. New aircraft type
I guess cost might be the problem because F-15 is not a new aircraft...though F-15SG has got quite a lot of upgrades. Also AESA is not such an exclusively technology. I read that Pakistan will get from China or other western sources in new aircraft and for their JF-17.

PAF in the future will avoid any new platforms from USA. F-16s are already in inventory and infrastructure is in place hence more additions are welcome, but PAF has learnt its lessons and in the future will avoid a top tier system which can be affected by sanctions.

turkey is producing AESA for its f-16s soon. i doubt USA will have any issue allowing them to integrate it.
USA has issue of subsidizing the f-16s not selling!
its all about business

The deal is on the table. The F-16s is Pakistan's to have. The only difference is that Pakistan will have to pay for all $700 million of it.

turkey is producing AESA for its f-16s soon. i doubt USA will have any issue allowing them to integrate it.
USA has issue of subsidizing the f-16s not selling!
its all about business

Turkey is a NATO ally. Pakistan is not. US will not allow Pakistan to have AESA-equipped F-16s whether Pakistan pays for them or not.

You mean UK?
lol google the phrase you'll find your answer. Though i am not sure if you are genuinely unaware of the meaning.:unsure: Anyways having less sun is what i like about UK, i hate summers and sunny days..........This should be same for all Pakistani people.

lol google the phrase you'll find your answer. Though i am not sure if you are genuinely unaware of the meaning.:unsure: Anyways having less sun is what i like about UK, i hate summers and sunny days..........This should be same for all Pakistani people.
Well I love summer and I know most of people in UK long for sunny days but they seldom get and travel to sunny places like Spain.

Back
Top Bottom