What's new

US giant Walmart quits India after venture ends

Your unscrupulous businessmen import cheap and shoddy products from China by the shiploads。

Worse,some of these people rebrand Made-in-China goods and sell them as their own。

You lot don't make or are incapable of making anything。You have no choice but buy from China,via majors like Malmart or your own tiny outlets。

After all,Indians can't afford quality Chinese products,they are only worthy of those made in rural families‘ backyards。:wave:

I agree with the bolded statement and much of what you said is true :tup:

Where is the ever famous 'bollywood' that Pakistanis cannot live without. :lol:

Lovelcon and Fattyacid have an interesting topic of discussion. Did u notice? One is saying another is liking that. Lol!! :sarcastic: :D

#Ohh please the crap quality of Pakistani Journalism strikes again!!!!!

Bharti Enterprises and U.S. retail giant Walmart have only agreed to the termination of their joint venture "Bharti Walmart". Walmart will now buy out its Bharti in their 50:50 cash-and-carry joint venture, which runs 20 wholesale stores under the ‘Best Price Modern Wholesale’ brand in India. Walmart will now take over the wholesale business only...

From now onwards "Best Price Modern Wholesale" stores will be under Walmart and "Easyday" retail stores will be under Bharti....

#Cheap reporting I must say!!!! Walmart isn't quitting India it has just terminated its joint venture with Bharti and who knows it finds another partner in the Indian market which it is obviously in search of for that 49% share...

Not interested in what the world knows, we are discussing what Chinese brands have traction in Indian eyes. Huawei does sell its phones but there is very little interest(not about cost, costlier phones from other brands sell), no Chinese brand other then Lenovo evinces any interest. I'm not talking about whether Chinese products are good or not, merely discussing any Indian interest in buying a Chinese brand.

The wholesale business is a huge success story in itself and Walmart will do very well there regardless of when and if they decide to enter the retail space. The headline is completely wrong, Walmart won't be quitting India anytime soon.

Do you know that China is the biggest trade partner for India? Indians bought Chinese goods worth $47.7 billions in 2012.
Meanwhile, India is only the 11th trade partner for China. China only imported $18.8 billions from India.
What China sold to India were mostly completed goods, while the major exports from India were raw materials.

The only reason for Indians to boycott Walmart is that they are not capable to compete with it. How pathetic!

LOL, the world knows Lining sports gear and Huawei. They are simply too expensive for Indian consumers.

You reckon 1/6th of humanity is not from this world? and wtf's lining sports gear? and wtf's their brand name?

Do you know that China is the biggest trade partner for India? Indians bought Chinese goods worth $47.7 billions in 2012.
Meanwhile, India is only the 11th trade partner for China. China only imported $18.8 billions from India.
What China sold to India were mostly completed goods, while the major exports from India were raw materials.

The only reason for Indians to boycott Walmart is that they are not capable to compete with it. How pathetic!

We enjoy chinese toiling their @ss off for us to consume their produced cheap stuff - I cannot dream of an Indian company which will sell a cigarette lighter for MRP. Rs. 3.40 paise, and I am sure you are not making any money out of it too - because our marwadis and gujju's are great at getting bargain deals. Enjoy your 22 floods a year scenario for a f@**ed up environment for our enjoyment sake.

And, I can still not figure out how the F did China come into this discussion about walmart and India - I guess the 2 million Chinese trolls strike again.

Walmart not quitting....

just partnership with Bharati has been broken.....

Kamaal karte hai pandeyji...

You reckon 1/6th of humanity is not from this world? and wtf's lining sports gear? and wtf's their brand name?

This 1/6 of humanity only won like 5 or 6 medals in the last olympics, save cricket, I doubt they know much about sports and sports gear.

LOL, the world knows Lining sports gear and Huawei. They are simply too expensive for Indian consumers.
the point still stands, chinese equipment can only compete on price. you will be laughed at in tech circles if you picked huawei over cisco because of quality :lol:

chinese themselves prefer to buy foreign brands over chinese ones. fact.

Bharti, Wal-Mart call off India joint venture, to pursue retail business independently

PTI | New Delhi | Updated: Oct 09 2013, 12:31 IST

Ending speculations over future of their partnership, Bharti Enterprises and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. said today they are going separate ways for operations in the Indian retail sector.

Subsequently, the US retail major will buy out the Indian partner from their 50:50 wholesale cash and carry joint venture – Bharti Walmart, for an undisclosed sum.

In a joint statement, the companies said they have reached an agreement to independently own and operate separate business formats in India and discontinue their franchise agreement in the retail business.

The agreement is subject to finalisation of definitive agreements and receipt of the requisite regulatory approvals, it said.
"Upon receipt of required clearances, Wal-Mart would acquire Bharti's stake in Bharti Wal-Mart Pvt Ltd, a joint venture between Bharti and Wal-Mart, giving Wal-Mart 100 per cent ownership of the Best Price Modern Wholesale cash and carry business," it said.

Commenting on the development Bharti Enterprises Vice Chairman and MD Rajan Bharti Mittal said: "Bharti is committed to building a world-class retail venture and will continue to invest in Bharti Retail across all formats. We believe that with our current footprint of 212 stores, we have a strong platform to significantly grow the business and delight customers."

As part of the proposed transactions, Bharti will acquire the USD 100 million worth Compulsory Convertible Debentures (CCDs) held by Wal-Mart in Cedar Support Services, a company owned and controlled by Bharti. Bharti Retail will continue to operate 'easyday' retail stores across all formats and invest in and grow the business.

The investment in Cedar by Wal-Mart is being investigated by the Enforcement Directorate following allegations of violations of norms.

Wal-Mart on the other hand plans to continue to grow this business while working with the government and interested stakeholders to create conditions that enable foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.

"Given the circumstances, our decision to operate independently will be beneficial to both parties," Wal-Mart Asia President and CEO Scott Price said.

Bharti, Wal-Mart call off India joint venture, to pursue retail business independently

tum indian log ho na bhut bary Qutiya ho sach main

some month before
wall mart coming to india - wow nice growing economy jobs investment zaberdat ahahahh ehhehe bla bla bla

yesterday
wall mart is leaving india . good wow nice better zaberdast hahahaha heheheeh bla bla bla

ary tum logoon ka koi aik mind hai bhi ke nhi ?:pissed:

ucmn16a-picsay.jpg

:lol: You are the one that needs testing. I quoted your post # 15. You post so much rubbish that it seems to confuse even you.

PISA might be too advance, you need IQ test first. No. 15 was my reply to your post no.14 in which you quoted my post no 12--that was my reply to post no. 6
Don't get confused :laughcry:

My reasons are not just limited to local employment.
An Indian chain would wipe out just as many small shops as a Walmart would.

But an Indian chain would create more Indian jobs than Walmart would use. Walmart would leverage their global personnel base, while Indian chains have a much higher probability of generating a similar base from Indians.

That apart, the profits would be repatriated to India, in Walmarts case, they go to the US.

Mate its just wrong thinking that local shops will be wiped out.. Just think about it.. Will you go to your nearby shop or to wall mart to buy a soap or a paste.. They are here to stay and one of the other benefit is that these groups buy directly from the producers so farmers will be get more benefit from it and by avoiding middlemen, people get vegetables and other goods at reasonable prices..

Back
Top Bottom