What's new

US Frigates Approved For Transfer – not to Pakistan

See post 28.
Compare the G class to the F 22P.

I think you didn't get my point. G Class upgrade is an option, which will cost more money. It is possible G class may be better than F-22P, but i was talking about the Vanilla OHP which is being transferred here and not the Genesis.

I think you didn't get my point. G Class upgrade is an option, which will cost more money. It is possible G class may be better than F-22P, but i was talking about the Vanilla OHP which is being transferred here and not the Genesis.
There is only one reason to take the ''Vanilla OHP'' and that is to upgrade them to the G class,why else would you want them?
You think the PN didnt have that in mind?

Brits have 13 Type-23 Frigates with 32 cell VLS for short range SAMs plus other weapons and are very young. Would be better if we could get any compared to stripped OHPs. They've already given 3 to Chile.
Not any time soon: they are the core of the UK fleet.

But they aren't. That's an option if someone wants to further invest in those ships. The vanilla model is useless.
It is superior to anything PN currently has as far as ASW is concerned.

the ships delivered to PN will be stripped .. and i dont think we have Mk-1 VLS in our OHP frigate ... what armament this ship have ? besides harpoon ? this ship doesn't have a proper SAM system .
No, that's a myth, neither was McInerney/Alamgir.
NONE OF THE CURRENTLY OPERATIONAL OHPs OF THE USN HAVE HARPOON OR SM1.
THIS HAS BEEN FOR YEARS NOW.

It is superior to anything PN currently has as far as ASW is concerned.

No, that's a myth, neither was McInerney/Alamgir.
NONE OF THE CURRENTLY OPERATIONAL OHPs OF THE USN HAVE HARPOON OR SM1.
THIS HAS BEEN FOR YEARS NOW.

than what is the main purpose of this Ship ? ? its called a frigate , what benefit this Ship can give to PN , in term of capability or firepower ?

No. Base production OHP don't have VLS. They have Mk 25 launchers instead with storing SM-1. But the Perries we have received were the same at the beginning. If US approves, we'll install it on PN Perries in case PN goes for Genesis.

and trust me US will not give us permission for that, that is why i am against it , US give us weapons but under so many " Ifs " and " but's "

When their Type 26 program gets going, they would become available. But PN would also have arranged something by then.

than what is the main purpose of this Ship ? ? its called a frigate , what benefit this Ship can give to PN , in term of capability or firepower ?
ASW! + Long endurance at sea. Have you looked at the number of subs in IN service?

and trust me US will not give us permission for that, that is why i am against it , US give us weapons but under so many " Ifs " and " but's "
Can't recall US govt giving Turkey permission or the Turks asking for permission to conduct upgrades.

The give operand word is "GIVE" > if you want gifts, .... you try not to bite the hand that feeds you.

When their Type 26 program gets going, they would become available. But PN would also have arranged something by then.
The first Type 26 will probably enter service in 2022. As of 2012, it is planned that HMS Argyll will be the first Type 23 to retire from the Royal Navy, in 2023, while HMS St Albans will be the last, in 2036. So, thats 8 years waiting: do you think the Type 21 will last that long?

ASW! + Long endurance at sea. Have you looked at the number of subs in IN service?

Can't recall US govt giving Turkey permission or the Turks asking for permission to conduct upgrades.

The give operand word is "GIVE" > if you want gifts, .... you try not to bite the hand that feeds you.

The first Type 26 will probably enter service in 2022. As of 2012, it is planned that HMS Argyll will be the first Type 23 to retire from the Royal Navy, in 2023, while HMS St Albans will be the last, in 2036. So, thats 8 years waiting: do you think the Type 21 will last that long?

number of Subs in PN ??

they ( US ) give us F-16' but can only be posted in specific base , under sanction we cant even fly those F-16's ... those Frigates were conditional to the release of the person who damage the Polio program in Pakistan , just because it is US asset but he did the damage to pakistan polio program , which is ruining the life's of many Pakistani kids ...

As I said that PN would've already 'arranged' something meaning some other option by then, so I'm not looking forward to Dukes. Baburs are already PHAAWAY by now, no one would want them to continue serving into the 2020s.

I think PN had to go for another 6-8 vrsions of F-22P with 16 Cell VLS launchers of Missiles on front and back of the ship from China with all ships being made in Pakistan.

number of Subs in PN ??

they ( US ) give us F-16' but can only be posted in specific base , under sanction we cant even fly those F-16's ... those Frigates were conditional to the release of the person who damage the Polio program in Pakistan , just because it is US asset but he did the damage to pakistan polio program , which is ruining the life's of many Pakistani kids ...

Subs in PN service: 5 at best.

The United States Congress has placed "impossible" conditions on the transfer of further ships, such as requiring Pakistan to respect human rights and stop supporting terrorist groups.
Former Australian defense attache to Islamabad, Brian Cloughley, said conditions attached to their transfer “were deliberately made impossible.” These were linked to cooperating with the US on counter-terrorism, non-proliferation, not supporting terrorism against US force in Afghanistan or elsewhere, releasing Shakil Afridi, who helped the CIA find Osama bin Laden, moving to dismantle IED networks, allowing humanitarian groups access to detainees, and ensuring Pakistan’s military and intelligence services do not interfere in judicial and political processes.
http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140417/DEFREG03/304170028[url="http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140417/DEFREG03/304170028"]US Congress Stymies Pakistani Naval Modernization Efforts | Defense News | defensenews.com[/URL]
Surely some of these conditions could be met?

Subs in PN service: 5 at best.

The United States Congress has placed "impossible" conditions on the transfer of further ships, such as requiring Pakistan to respect human rights and stop supporting terrorist groups.

US Congress Stymies Pakistani Naval Modernization Efforts | Defense News | defensenews.comUS Congress Stymies Pakistani Naval Modernization Efforts | Defense News | defensenews.com
Surely some of these conditions could be met?

yeah we have 2 Agosta 90b and 2 agosta 70 , and i think 2-3 midget subs ,

and Guantanamo bay jail is best example for American human rights claim , and ISIS is example for supporting terrorist ..

and Guantanamo bay jail is best example for American human rights claim , and ISIS is example for supporting terrorist ..
I didn't say anything implying a judgement on Pakistan (or the US). It just seems that something could have been done to move the 2 extremes closer together. If you want to feel offended by that, be my guest.

Back
Top Bottom