What's new

US for close defense ties with Pakistan

A True Pakistani too wants CLOSE Military ties with the US but only if the word ends with a D!!

CLOSED Military ties would be so good!!

This has been done since 1st Afghan war we know we will not get any thing special from US, its China who helped us build our defense industry, US always wanted Pakistan to be beggar for all kind military products. If they are so keen to help then why they never provide most important equipment to fight terror "the advance attack helicopters"? why all military sales had to be linked to WOT if US wanted military relation with Pakistan? People of Pakistan are not fools they clearly understand what we will get from US when it comes to defense equipment. If US is so sincere then why they did not offer F-16 rebuilt factory to Pakistan? Why no Hell fire missiles? Why no Javelin Missiles? Why no Aegis class systems on OHP? why sales are blocked again n again in our history?

Because nothing happens in a vacuum. Every action taken has a myriad of considerations other than just the specifics of that particular weapons sale / technology transfer / etc.

The US maintains relationships with almost every country in the world. We even consult with Iran on drug interdiction on the Afghan border. If Pakistan is sold a system that upsets the status quo, the whole region goes into a firestorm of accusations and demands of matching capabilities.

I don't believe more weapons are what is needed for the WoT. Pakistan has an advanced ATG attack force, a highly trained, capable, and experienced Special Forces contingent, a widespread intelligence apparatus, and some of the most passionate/patriotic citizens I have ever witnessed.

If the truth gets out about who the enemy actually is, and who actually does more for Pakistan than any other "friend", and all of those things I just listed are focused and committed to the same objective......I don't think there are many adversaries that wouldn't be scared to death of the outcome, let alone some militia.

Pakistan and the US have been allis for eons and that will remain so. Yes there have been ups and downs but that's life.

I don't believe more weapons are what is needed for the WoT. Pakistan has an advanced ATG attack force, a highly trained, capable, and experienced Special Forces contingent, a widespread intelligence apparatus, and some of the most passionate/patriotic citizens I have ever witnessed.

Pakistan needs Attack Gunships Helos, our AH-1 Fleet is aging faster.

I don't know what kind of defence ties US is talking about, they are not ready to sell any Defence hardware to Pakistan & they are talking about Defence ties, BS.
As long as US Aid Program, Kerry Lugar bill & other shadow deals which were signed with US, Pakistan will always continue to suffer.
The US and the Pak military as of TODAY work closely around the terrorism and intelligence issues. They've fought two long wars side by side and helped each other. Sure the relationship is rocky but I have a rocky relationship with my mother and brothers too. That's just how it works. But I think the US considers Pakistan a very important ally and it would be cool if someone on here once in a while said that the US does support Pakistan in a positive manner. All them billions are being spent on Pakistani public's welfare related projects. The least you guys can do is not bash the US all the time. I know its past time for half the world but we have supported you for many decades......and we've appreciated the support we get from you on many issues.

Last edited:
Because nothing happens in a vacuum. Every action taken has a myriad of considerations other than just the specifics of that particular weapons sale / technology transfer / etc.

The US maintains relationships with almost every country in the world. We even consult with Iran on drug interdiction on the Afghan border. If Pakistan is sold a system that upsets the status quo, the whole region goes into a firestorm of accusations and demands of matching capabilities.

If the truth gets out about who the enemy actually is, and who actually does more for Pakistan than any other "friend", and all of those things I just listed are focused and committed to the same objective......I don't think there are many adversaries that wouldn't be scared to death of the outcome, let alone some militia.
[Edit]: You know what? Never mind. I wrote a lengthy piece, but I have a headache, and I don't feel like arguing.

Ignore this comment.

[Edit]: You know what? Never mind. I wrote a lengthy piece, but I have a headache, and I don't feel like arguing.

Ignore this comment.

I wish you saved it, would have liked to see it. If someone disagrees with one or all of my statements, and responds without getting personal, I don't take it as being argumentative.

I am not right about everything (not even close....according to my lady of 9 years :lol:) and I don't claim to be. The reason I started spending more time on this forum recently is because I enjoy seeing a different prospective on these world issues, minus the arm-chair commando/jingoistic juvenile stuff, but that happens on any forum.

I wish you saved it, would have liked to see it. If someone disagrees with one or all of my statements, and responds without getting personal, I don't take it as being argumentative.

I am not right about everything (not even close....according to my lady of 9 years :lol:) and I don't claim to be. The reason I started spending more time on this forum recently is because I enjoy seeing a different prospective on these world issues, minus the arm-chair commando/jingoistic juvenile stuff, but that happens on any forum.
I would usually be happy to oblige, but I just don't feel like starting a debate in my current state of being. I think I may have caught something, because I really feel down right now.

I don't know what kind of defence ties US is talking about, they are not ready to sell any Defence hardware to Pakistan & they are talking about Defence ties, BS...

Hey, we tried to give you guys tons of MRAPS for free but they weren't good enough for you.:rofl:

I would usually be happy to oblige, but I just don't feel like starting a debate in my current state of being. I think I may have caught something, because I really feel down right now.

Fair enough, we will leave it at that.

Hey, we tried to give you guys tons of MRAPS for free but they weren't good enough for you.:rofl:

What a waste of $$ those were. Now they are bringing them back and giving them to local PDs, just in case they take RPG fire or hit a IED on the way to serve a no-knock warrant on a cancer patient using MJ.

Last edited:
What a waste of $$ those were. Now they are bringing them back and giving them to local PDs, just in case they take RPG fire or hit a IED on the way to serve a no-knock warrant on a cancer patient using MJ.

They keep doing shit like that and they WILL be taking RPG fire. My friends 15 year old son sold a $20 bag of weed to a kid. The kid got caught with it and dimed my friends kid out. The SWAT team came at 2:00 in the morning, kicked down his door, shot his dog in front of his 7 year old, tore the house up, smashing their T.V.'s and all and all they found was another $ 20 bag of weed. All that shit for $40 worth of weed. I have family that are cops and I'm usually a law and order type guy but sometimes they do fucked up shit.

The US and the Pak military as of TODAY work closely around the terrorism and intelligence issues. They've fought two long wars side by side and helped each other. Sure the relationships rocky but I have a rocky relationship with my mother and brothers too. That's just how it works. But I think the US considers Pakistan a very important ally and it would be cool if someone on here once in a while said that the US does support Pakistan in a positive manner. All them billions are being spent on Pakistani public's welfare related projects. The least you guys can do is not bash the US all the time. I know its past time for half the world but we have supported you for many decades......and we've appreciated the support we get from you on many issues.
Nice post.
I would like to ask you about what has happened to that portent US warship that was overhauled in Europe, but sinked while on its way to be delivered to Pakistan. It has been a question that has picked many curiosities.

Back
Top Bottom