What's new

US F-15E Eagle crashes or shot down in Libya

This pic tells everything one needs to know about Lybian "air defence".

LibyanS-75site.jpg

Yup always been terified of some one launching a goat at me.

Yes my English comprehension is terrible. Guess thats why I got a 760 on my English SATs instead of 800:cry:

You do realize the difference between scoring decently in standardized tests vs really understanding and comprehending English for e.g. Shakespeare?

or differentiating between the fact that the news report of Gen Kapoor quoting that IA needs to be prepared for a two-front war vs deliberately misquoting the statement as warmongering, calling for a two front war as a pre-emptive measure?
Brace for two-front war, Army told

In an unprecedented move that has confirmed India’s concerns about China’s growing military might, the Government has for the first time given a directive in writing to the armed forces to enhance their military capabilities vis-a-vis the neighbouring country and prepare for a two-front war scenario with China and Pakistan.

Which part of the report says that India will lead a two front war and defeat 'enemies' within 12 hours?

English comprehension is a different ball game, altogether.

You do realize the difference between scoring decently in standardized tests vs really understanding and comprehending English for e.g. Shakespeare?

Yes guess standardized tests are completely useless then. Should just analyze Shakespeare for credentials instead.

Which part of the report says that India will lead a two front war and defeat 'enemies' within 12 hours?
English comprehension is a different ball game, altogether.

Apparently comprehending sarcasm is as well.

Thats not arrogance. India can obviously crush Pakistan and China in only 12 hours. They were being humble with the with the other figure.

Yes guess standardized tests are completely useless then. Should just analyze Shakespeare for credentials instead.
We can debate the pros and cons of standardized tests all night long, but .....
Apparently comprehending sarcasm is as well.
Sarcasm aside, majority of members here would literally take that 12hr figure as a FACT!

India vs China talk is silly. Clearly China has a considerable numerical advantage in terms of military hardware -and- fighter aircraft. Since both sides would be flying similar generation craft (and in many cases, the -SAME- aircraft), it makes sense that China would absolutely crush anything India could field (with reasonable losses), and that's without bringing Chinese nukes and ICBMs into the picture...

In the end though, its all silly conjecture. India is not going to war with China.

Well jeez, now I've been dragged way off topic as well. So back to the matter at hand. Why do you guys think the US bombed their downed F-15? The F-15 isn't exactly top secret hardware (it's exported all over the world). What possible reason would they have to destroy the wrecked fighter?

Sarcasm aside, majority of members here would literally take that 12hr figure as a FACT!

Guess I overestimate this forum then. Not the first time and likely not the last.

But I just found the cold start strategy humorous.

Well jeez, now I've been dragged way off topic as well. So back to the matter at hand. Why do you guys think the US bombed their downed F-15? The F-15 isn't exactly top secret hardware (it's exported all over the world). What possible reason would they have to destroy the wrecked fighter?

F 15E is still a pretty advanced aircraft that has some components many countries would like to get their hands on.

I think the F 15Ks are the most advanced right now.

Its not about which model/variant is the most advanced. Its what those machines have in them that makes the difference. US isnt going to part with highly sensitive technology even to partners/allies. They will maintain that technological edge over any of their allies. And for that matter aircraft in USAF inventory will be much more advanced than any of those flying with allies' airforces.

Alright, I suppose that explains it then...

I'm not aware of any special tech in an F-15E that isn't fairly readily accessible though. What specifically do you suppose the Americans are putting into these things that is "secret" enough to warrant dropping a bomb on it? Didn't look like much survived the crash as it was..... Advanced avionics? Targeting/radar etc for missiles? Thinking about it - I suppose it could even be hardware on the weapons themselves......

Back
Top Bottom