What's new

US eyes Port Blair as new drone base

We are talking about defense, not sex slavery. Open up another thread for that topic.

Actually, Republic of China use to host US bases. So he is technically correct.

But Taiwan is now not a part of China or directly controlled by China????

Also, this would be a minor presence. US is not setting up an air wing or anchoring a carrier task force there. US presence there would be hardly noticed by locals.

thanks..but no thanks....we do not have a need nor do we require any foreign troops or bases on our soil...we are fully capable of handling our own security issues

And why should we be averse to such foreign presence? It's not as if we are surrendering the Islands to the U.S. After all, there are more than 80 US bases across the world including Japan. Have these countries given up their sovereignty to the US of A?? Nope! This is all emotional balderdash!

Let's get off our sentimental high horse and face reality.

In addition, one of the spin offs would be the millions of dollars that we would get in return which could be used for infrastructure development of the Andamans.

Yes they have.

WW2 agreements were humiliating on the loosing countries. Somewhat if not entirely.

thanks..but no thanks....we do not have a need nor do we require any foreign troops or bases on our soil...we are fully capable of handling our own security issues

You got it wrong, man. China is taken over by the communist. Taiwan represents free China. In the future, Taiwan would play a major role in bringing democracy back to China.

And why should we be averse to such foreign presence? It's not as if we are surrendering the Islands to the U.S. After all, there are more than 80 US bases across the world including Japan. Have these countries given up their sovereignty to the US of A?? Nope! This is all emotional balderdash!

Let's get off our sentimental high horse and face reality.

In addition, one of the spin offs would be the millions of dollars that we would get in return which could be used for infrastructure development of the Andamans.

Sorry to intervene, but are you sure this 'million dollars" statement is supporitve to what you concluded in the facts above? We dont have money to develope Andaman and we need dollars of US of A to do that?

Please enlighten me..

Yes they have.

WW2 agreements were humiliating on the loosing countries. Somewhat if not entirely.

England has lots of US bases. did they lose their sovereignty? Did the Brits lost WWII? Did the Turks lost WWII? Did the Koreans lost WWII. These countries value democracy and want to side with freedom and against communist dictatorship.
Soon, it would be India's turn to make that choice. How would India choose?

England has lots of US bases. did they lose their sovereignty? Did the Brits lost WWII? Did the Turks lost WWII? Did the Koreans lost WWII. These countries value democracy and want to side with freedom and against communist dictatorship.
Soon, it would be India's turn to make that choice. How would India choose?

I would tell you that you let Indians choose what they want to do.

Sorry to intervene, but are you sure this 'million dollars" statement is supporitve to what you concluded in the facts above? We dont have money to develope Andaman and we need dollars of US of A to do that?

Please enlighten me..
Ok, do you know the meaning of 'spin offs'? Extra cash in the pocket for development doesn't hurt anybody!

If US have drones in Port Blair, it would not be to protect India. But to monitor some waterway.

Like Orion hunter said, do not use sentimental high horse to make this decision, but use logic.

Also, this would be a minor presence. US is not setting up an air wing or anchoring a carrier task force there. US presence there would be hardly noticed by locals.

I dont see any advantage in US presence in Andaman, tell me ehat benifit it brings us..

Ok, do you know the meaning of 'spin offs'?

Why do I need a spin off here by the way?

I dont see any advantage in US presence in Andaman, tell me ehat benifit it brings us..

Why do I need a spin off here by the way?

If China do have plans to dominate India ocean, which nation has the most diplomatic/military clout to prevent it from happening? And which countries benefit from it?

I would tell you that you let Indians choose what they want to do.

Of course its Indian that make the choice. But would it use logic to make that choice? Look at even Vietnamese, which fought a war with US, is getting closer to the US to prevent Chinese domination. If India is not siding with the democracies, in effect, India is siding with communist China.

Of course its Indian that make the choice. But would it use logic to make that choice? Look at even Vietnamese, which fought a war with US, is getting closer to the US to prevent Chinese domination. If India is not siding with the democracies, in effect, India is siding with communist China.

Why do you think India cant handle the Chinese that we need to go to the US ?

If China do have plans to dominate India ocean, which nation has the most diplomatic/military clout to prevent it from happening? And which countries benefit from it?

China can never dominate the Indian ocean not now not ever and that is the fact...

If US have drones in Port Blair, it would not be to protect India. But to monitor some waterway.

Like Orion hunter said, do not use sentimental high horse to make this decision, but use logic.

Not going to happen....not on the island territories or on the mainland...however, US & India having joint bases on foreign territories like Oman, Seychelles, Mauritius or co-operation on foreign bases can never be ruled out

I dont see China trying to dominate Indian ocean. Their major problem lies in south china sea and it will take decades for them to come out of that entanglement. why do I need a base now!!!?

Back
Top Bottom