What's new

US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan

Is it a good or bad or was it justified? Time will tell. BUT in terms of goal, not much will be achieved in eliminating ISIS. Same thing with Syria, Russia and Iran embolden their position and attack did not achieve any objective but got opposite intended result for US. If one look at situation in broader geo political context and try to understand why all of a sudden US trying to "show off"; there are some obvious factors:

1) US being challenged almost every front by Russia, China and other regional powers. US had been pushing and prodding but US can no longer achieve any decisive goal against China and Russia. Regime change game is halted by Russia and South China sea and North Korea is at dead end. Unless US wants to engage in military confrontation with China and Russia.

2) US soft power effect significantly reduced (for example of Iran and Russia sanction). Other than crude military muscle flexing what else US can do?

3) There is internal fighting between Trump admin and security-intel establishment aka swamp. There is ample domestic US compulsion "wag the dog" style distraction.​

It is a bad bad bad PR for US in Afghanistan.

The Afghan Media fears Civilian losses so lets wait and see the worst outcome.

To end the world you gotta reach it
In your case, your muscles are weak and your hands are short

Officially stated yes our muscles are weak and our hands are short, but that won't always be the case as more time passes the stronger we will become.

Lol...before even the thought of bombing India comes to your general head...we'll bomb you into oblivion!! No first use policy is to confuse gullible Pakistanis lol

lol you baniyas have a horrible sortie rate and it takes ages for you to mobilize your army, by the time your nukes are ready we would have used up all of ours and ours break away into multiple war heads.

:lol::lol:

Weren't they protesting the shelling by Pakistan a week ago? And uncle sam just gone ahead and laid a big one on them.

I hope PA is guarding the borders.

They would still protest against Pakistan. No protest against America for this attack.

They would still protest against Pakistan. No protest against America for this attack.

All I care about is border being closed and terrorism in Pakistan to finish for good.

I hope US carries this to its logical conclusion and destroys the TTP/ISIS bases in Kunar and Nuristan. PA keeps the border closed this time. I believe there is a troop surge in Helmand? That should stop TTP entry to Pakistan through Baluchistan.

PA must must now go after TTP targets, just get it over with. Identify bases and destroy till its over and the war is won.

Back
Top Bottom