What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

once again USA has shown they have no respect for pakistan sovereignity and peoples wishes..

WASHINGTON - The United States on
Tuesday carried out its first drone
strike in Pakistan's restive tribal areas
in nearly two months, ending a pause
that was intended to avoid worsening
relations between the countries after
an American airstrike in November
killed two dozen Pakistani troops.
Missiles fired from a remotely piloted
aircraft struck a house outside of
Miram Shah in the North Waziristan
tribal area, killing at least three
militants, Reuters reported, citing a
local intelligence official.
Officials in Washington confirmed the
strike but, as is customary with missile
attacks from drones operated by the
Central Intelligence Agency, they
would not provide any details.
The C.I.A. last conducted a drone
strike in Pakistan on Nov. 16, 10 days
before the attack that killed the
Pakistani troops in two remote
outposts along the border with
Afghanistan.

American officials decided after the
cross-border episode to suspend the
strikes pending a wide-ranging
Pakistani review of its security
relationship with the United States.

American officials said over the
weekend that any lull in drone strikes
did not signal a weakening of the
country's counterterrorism efforts, and
suggested that strikes could resume
soon.

Pakistan ordered the shutdown of
drone operations at its Shamsi air base
after the airstrike in November, but
C.I.A. drones flying from bases in
Afghanistan continued to conduct
surveillance over the tribal areas. The
drones were cleared to fire on a senior
militant leader if there was credible
intelligence and minimal risk to
civilians, American officials said. But
the Predator and Reaper drones had
held their fire until now, the longest
pause in Pakistan since July 2008.

CIA drone strikes resume in Pakistan: New York Times

I think drone strikes should be allowed by the permission of Pakistan army.we saw the difference when the US stopped these drone strikes all crazies came out of their caves and start attacking people and army because there were no other eyes on top of their head.They thought drone strikes are stopped and now lets get back to fun.I also agree that many civilians are also killed in these attacks but as i said it should be carried out by the permission of Pakistan army and they should coordinate with one another.Or else get ready for more kidnapping of soldiers and then later kill them and more bombing to come.Drone is something they fear way too much.My brother in law is pilot in PAF he told me little bit of it but didn't wanted to share any more info on it.But he said it did helped us getting their bosses.What Pakistan is concerned about is the killing of innocent civilians.

Nothing wrong in what you think but what is disgusting is all the hard talk that PA/Govt do after any major attack and then go back to same mode after some time...We have seen this after OBL incident and now again we can see the same stuff happening...There is nothing wrong in calling spade a spade...Even though china is rising rapidly yet US is the sole super-power of the world...This is a fact that cannot and should not be ignored....So it is quiet obvious that it is a very tough task to lay off the yankees when they are in no mood to go...my best wishes with people of pakistan...Hope things will change for good...

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

once again USA has shown they have no respect for pakistan sovereignity and peoples wishes..

With all due respect did you write that with straight face?? You are blaming US but what about the role of your Army/Govt???

I think drone strikes should be allowed by the permission of Pakistan army.we saw the difference when the US stopped these drone strikes all crazies came out of their caves and start attacking people and army because there were no other eyes on top of their head.They thought drone strikes are stopped and now lets get back to fun.I also agree that many civilians are also killed in these attacks but as i said it should be carried out by the permission of Pakistan army and they should coordinate with one another.Or else get ready for more kidnapping of soldiers and then later kill them and more bombing to come.Drone is something they fear way too much.My brother in law is pilot in PAF he told me little bit of it but didn't wanted to share any more info on it.But he said it did helped us getting their bosses.What Pakistan is concerned about is the killing of innocent civilians.

You mean to say you are hiring US professionals to deal your problem???

i thought pakistan has put up some conditions to resume ties. what happened?

Whatever happened to drones will be shot down etc etc ???

Though I expect a face save to materialize in next 12 hours to save Pakistani army the embarrassment of explaining to the Pakistani public the hollowness of their bluster of last few weeks..

@ imran bhai money will make way for everything not only for the supply lines to open but whatever the americans were doing before, although I hope inocent lives are not lost in the drone strikes.

Looks like Uncle sam is back........

khan20110911155622467.jpg

Dollers paved the way, the pocket got the better out of the heart.
i think its good. pakistan get the money and terrorists get the death. its a win win situation.

i was a bit shocked when pakistan was putting up some "conditions" to resume ties. those conditions include the drones to be stopped. i guess pakistan got its share of $$.

Some question:

1. Whether these strikes (however limited they may be) are authorised by Pakistani establishment?

2. If unauthorized, why PAF has not taken any action to shoot these down? Why it hasn't taken the issue at least to the UN, as the action of the US is bound to be illegal in this scenario?

3. I authorized, why this hue & cry?

The most important question:

4. Are these drone strikes not benefitial to Pakistan w.r.t. elimination of mofos who are terrorizing the country every now and then?

i think its good. pakistan get the money and terrorists get the death. its a win win situation.

i was a bit shocked when pakistan was putting up some "conditions" to resume ties. those conditions include the drones to be stopped. i guess pakistan got its share of $$.

and what if civilian die ?

Back
Top Bottom