What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

Which is absolutely no reason to continue to condemn the drone strikes and the decisions of those in power to approve them.

If drone strikes need to be conducted on Pakistani soil, they should be done by Pakistani operators with US observers - period.

Till then, and until the GoP officially comes out with an agreement with the US authorizing the US to conduct these strikes, these strikes are illegal under international law and unjustified.

Feel free to condem all you like but condem those who approve them if you feel they are against the interests of Pakistan. What i want to see stopped is the farcical dance of the Pakistan military and Goverment aproving strikes then condeming them in public.
Are they illegal if permission has been given in writing to the US to conduct strikes under strict regulation but the Goverment doesnt publicly release that they have granted permission?

Are they illegal if permission has been given in writing to the US to conduct strikes under strict regulation but the Goverment doesnt publicly release that they have granted permission?
The are illegal so long as that 'permission in writing' is a matter of speculation.

And yes, the PPP leadership as well as the military leadership deserved to be lynched in public if they have chosen to continue to allow US operated drone strikes.

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan (Reuters) - Unmanned U.S. aircraft fired missiles into a home in a tribal region of western Pakistan on Wednesday, killing at least three militants, local intelligence officials said, in an attack that ended a lengthy pause in drone strikes that have become the mainstay of U.S. efforts to quash militants fuelling violence across the border in Afghanistan.

The officials said the missiles hit in the outskirts of the town of Miranshah in the North Waziristan, killing at least three. Militants often dispute official versions of such attacks and death tolls.

A source in Washington confirmed that a U.S.-operated drone had been fired at a militant target in Pakistan. The source said that no well-known militants were believed to have been targeted, injured or wounded in the attack.

The strike was the first such attack since November 17 and could deepen anti-U.S. sentiment in Pakistan, which was already running high after a November 26 cross-border NATO air attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.

That incident triggered a deep chill in already troubled U.S.-Pakistan relations, prompting Pakistan to close off NATO supply routes into Afghanistan.

Drones armed with missiles have played a significant role in U.S. counter-terrorism operations as the Obama administration winds down the war in Afghanistan and Washington's focus expands to militant havens in countries including Pakistan.

The United States vacated a remote air base, used to stage classified drone flights against militants, in Pakistan's southwestern Baluchistan province last month. Pakistan had asked U.S. forces to leave the base after the November air strike.

The Obama administration contends that drone strikes have helped weaken the central leadership of al Qaeda and put associated militant groups on the defensive.

Many such groups operate in Pakistan's unruly northwestern tribal areas along the border with Afghanistan.

U.S. officials denied that the drop-off in lethal drone strikes was part of a deliberate moratorium on such flights linked to the political and diplomatic uproar over the air strike. Officials maintained that lethal drone strikes were based on the availability of targeting intelligence, and implied that such intelligence recently had been in short supply.

For whatever reason, the latest lethal drone strike appears to demonstrate that if there was any kind of moratorium on such attacks, it has now been lifted.

(Additional reporting by Saud Mehsud in Dera Ismail Khan and Mark Hosenball in Washington; writing by Qasim Nauman; editing by Louise Ireland and Mohammad Zargham)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/...rone-kills-3-militants-in-pakistan-officials/

Gen Kiani i m waiting for response

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

4 days earlier our DG ISI visited qatar centcom office for negotiations with americans
here is the result

Here we go again .. its the devil chasing the devil.. :tdown::angry:

How are they sure they were 'militants' this time who were hit ?

If they were, how come GOP / PA / ISI didnt get them first ?

..or was the intel ' provided' by GOP ?

just yesterday there was news from express tribune that CIA is likely to resume drone strikes and bam, today, it happens. Some horse's mouth that source was.

And now in light of this attack it would be suffice to say that supply routes will be opened in the coming few days or weeks as well. There's obviously secrets talks being held.

I think drone strikes should be allowed by the permission of Pakistan army.we saw the difference when the US stopped these drone strikes all crazies came out of their caves and start attacking people and army because there were no other eyes on top of their head.They thought drone strikes are stopped and now lets get back to fun.I also agree that many civilians are also killed in these attacks but as i said it should be carried out by the permission of Pakistan army and they should coordinate with one another.Or else get ready for more kidnapping of soldiers and then later kill them and more bombing to come.Drone is something they fear way too much.My brother in law is pilot in PAF he told me little bit of it but didn't wanted to share any more info on it.But he said it did helped us getting their bosses.What Pakistan is concerned about is the killing of innocent civilians.

drone strikes shouldnt be allowed and shouldnt be supported...
Let Pakistan deal with her problems without foreign intrusion..
why is CIA hell bent on protecting Pakistan when there isnt why need of their support..Today its a drone..tomorrow it will be another salaala all over again.

I would have expected Pakistan and usa to agree on som
E healthy change like allowing Pakistani isi to use drones and work with them by providing drones to them. That's what allies should do. It seems as if strikes are not allowed by Pakistan and USA gave warning to Pakistan before hand using world media, and a warning as well that stay out of our wY !!!

I wonder what Pakistan will reply to it

Back
Top Bottom