What's new

US DOD has approved a FMS for Pakistani F16s for Sniper pods & LANTIRN navigation pod

search
a42np3no_armed-forces-presser_650x400_28_February_19.jpg

:o: o_O :woot: :cheesy:
Look at theior sorry faces

Kidher kerega US apne F16s, we have downed an SU. They will supply us their weapons & Avionics. PAF has a capability which is upgraded regularly. Lows & highs are part of the parcel, we are flying Blk 52s who claims we can't have Block 70s. So better dug in soon a good news InshaAllah ...

CSF issue could have been resolved yes due to Afghan peace process vut If the CSF is resolved it depends on Pakistan what it will opt for utilizing CSF. The money is stuck in CSF & trump is looking to utilize it. India just opted for it's local Air crafts that is also one factor that can be the driving force. The timing of this award is also in line with India announcement so to early to say anything.

How Much block CSF Fund Pakistan can Get...Any Idea in $s?

Kidher kerega US apne F16s, we have downed an SU. They will supply us their weapons & Avionics. PAF has a capability which is upgraded regularly. Lows & highs are part of the parcel, we are flying Blk 52s who claims we can't have Block 70s. So better dug in soon a good news InshaAllah ...

Given financial situation and Covid crisis I very much doubt we have another $2 billion for a squadron of F-16Vs, as I said, better spend $200 million on say 18 used F-16 MLUs.

Game has changed to an extent that India led Sweden, US, UK up the garden path with regards to it's MRCA contest. Now that has been canned suddenly we are seeing Swedes sell us more Erieyes and US sell us more Sniper pods.

More F-16s are on the cards but I doubt they will be "V" version.

How Much block CSF Fund Pakistan can Get...Any Idea in $s?

Forget CSF now. That boat has sailed. Trump may look at subsidizing weapons if we come to an Afghan arrangment but it will be a one off deal

This is a extra enhanced punch to our viper fleet some of you people need to look at that way, what happens in the near future only time shall tell inshallah.

Given financial situation and Covid crisis I very much doubt we have another $2 billion for a squadron of F-16Vs, as I said, better spend $200 million on say 18 used F-16 MLUs.

Game has changed to an extent that India led Sweden, US, UK up the garden path with regards to it's MRCA contest. Now that has been canned suddenly we are seeing Swedes sell us more Erieyes and US sell us more Sniper pods.

More F-16s are on the cards but I doubt they will be "V" version.

Forget CSF now. That boat has sailed. Trump may look at subsidizing weapons if we come to an Afghan arrangment but it will be a one off deal
The PAF would pursue F-16V/Block-72 if the US makes a credit-line available for LM to use to build the fighters, and let the PAF repay in installments (cash for each delivery). No way is Pakistan going to keep a deposit with the US.

@Yasser76 said :
"Given financial situation and Covid crisis I very much doubt we have another $2 billion for a squadron of F-16Vs"

Looking at local Pakistani channel news today, I discovered that Pak people have spent that much shopping in just 4 days since the malls opened up.
Guess they were having withdrawals while sitting in "lockdown."
Heh heh heh

No you really need some sort of radar to still guide a BVR, what (in theory) could be possible is several F-16s with radars turned off launching AMRAAMs that can be cued by an Erieye, so well out of the range of an enemy fighter radar. All the enemy will track is the AMRAAM once it gets in close, by then often too late
TurAF has already provided a live demo over Syria - protected by S300 & S400 systems operated by the Russians themselves (neither Iranians nor Indians) - by downing 2 SUs with BVR missiles fired from a single F16 having it's radar switched off...

The PAF would pursue F-16V/Block-72 if the US makes a credit-line available for LM to use to build the fighters, and let the PAF repay in installments (cash for each delivery). No way is Pakistan going to keep a deposit with the US.
Given COVID-19 induced economic and financial clouts, all avenues to jumpstart all sorts of industries are being availed....

The USA is in the direst of all the straits. It can't afford to fall back behind China....

By dismissing F-16s as their fighter, India has given free pass to US to supply anything F-16 related to Pakistan. Uncle Sam is very unhappy with india for dismissing its offer of F-16s.

US may not be happy with India's decision not to buy the F-16 doesn't mean the spigot is open for Pakistan to get whatever it wants. Pakistan can get more F-16s just not the ones they are seeking.

Opps, then second hand F-16's it is then.
LM received $62 billion from US Govt to built Blk70 V F16 with standard package I doubt they will release used F16s to Pak? With that big amount LM can churn out around 300 airframes pak is theior one potential buyer yes pak may get used if buy new remember last blk 52 deal?? Same case is here now. I mean LM pitching Tunisia, Botswana, Angola for theior blk 70? You think they will let us used airframes? I don't think so this is first practical step towards blk 70 sale with Pak. Bilal idea is right LM can use 62$ billion as line of credit and PAF may repay them along. But with CSF subsidy I hope PAF will get some good numbers.
Used airframe Norway got 28 of them looking single buyer Jordan got 30 looking buyer so other EU nation. They are possible only with new one buy one Get used one free or discount price.

US may not be happy with India's decision not to buy the F-16 doesn't mean the spigot is open for Pakistan to get whatever it wants. Pakistan can get more F-16s just not the ones they are seeking.
Indian MRCA was nothing but a trap for western companies last 15 yrs trials and media hype nothing came out but Tejas? I hope these companies will not fall Indian trap again and I doubt they will

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom