What's new

US DOD has approved a FMS for Pakistani F16s for Sniper pods & LANTIRN navigation pod

Repairs & spare part were already happening. The sale is also happening.
Sales notifications are pretty specific and they detail numbers. If it does not come out, this is just a renewal of ID/IQ FMS order. This will then entail LRU upgrades and such, to keep the system in optimum running condition for next 5 years.

And each repair / upgrade orders gets a renewed FMS order, once the duration for the previous one ends. That last such order for Pakistan happened in 2016.

upload_2020-5-20_12-48-26.png

Last edited:
By dismissing F-16s as their fighter, India has given free pass to US to supply anything F-16 related to Pakistan. Uncle Sam is very unhappy with india for dismissing its offer of F-16s.
Hi looks like USA try to sell Indians as much as they can in the meanwhile stop transferring AH1Z to Pakistan but once India start getting Apaches viper will be released in small batches I’m sure
& in the meanwhile USA manage to sell their product to Indians without Indians drifting to some other country for these products
Your input please
Thank you

Sales notifications are pretty specific and they detail numbers. If it does not come out, this is just a renewal of ID/IQ FMS order. This will then entail LRU upgrades and such, to keep the system in optimum running condition for next 5 years.

And each repair / upgrade orders gets a renewed FMS order, once the duration for the previous one ends. That last such order for Pakistan happened in 2016.

View attachment 634176
Sir I think you are mixing up the 2 orders.
The wording in current order is very clear & it says sales not repairs.

Lockheed Martin Corp., Orlando, Florida, has been awarded a ceiling $485,000,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for Department of Defense and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Sniper, Infrared Search and Track (IRST); and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) navigation pod (fixed wing) hardware production. This contract provides the necessary resources required for the management, fabrication, upgrade/retrofit, integration support and testing and shipping of its non-developmental item (NDI) Sniper Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP) System, NDI LANTIRN Fixed Image Navigation Set upgrades, and the NDI IRST system as it relates to the requirements document associated with each specific delivery order placed under this contract. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida, and various locations to be identified at the order level. The work is expected to be completed by May 2025. This contract involves FMS to (this list is not all inclusive): Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey. This award is the result of a sole-source acquisition. FMS funds in the amount of $34,900,000 are being obligated at the time of award under delivery order FA8540-20-F-0034 for the country of Morocco. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, is the contracting activity (FA8540‐20‐D‐0001).

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/2190758/

View attachment 634176

This is factually incorrect

"Pakistan spends probably $20 billion a year on oil. What is your point? We can take consumer money from the economy and buy jets with it!!???"

No that is not my point.
My point is that if people have that much money lying around for shopping and frivolous expenditure, then maybe they should start paying some taxes also.

This is factually incorrect
We’ll find out then, in case DCSA releases a notification then. There’s nothing hidden about these deals. :)

Sir I think you are mixing up the 2 orders.
The wording in current order is very clear & it says sales not repairs.
System upgrades are included in the order. You can check the text posted by yourself.

Khafee..........
Tari yaad aye tayray janay kay bad

View attachment 634176
Pak incluion in FMS is a step in right direction IA new blk 70 will come for PAF. 62 billion line of credit LM will churn out around 300 Blk70 V they need buyers too beacuse it for US Allies not USAF

I doubt it. India is too big a market to ignore, even if they don't follow through. India has already bought billions in US arms. If there's a chance for more, companies will make the effort.

More likely, I can see US companies investing in India's defense industry if FDI is allowed.

I assume you are talking CSF here. If that's the case, then that needs to be cleared up before any serious deals are done. Pakistan has a number in mind, but will the US agree?
really depends how desperate Pakistan and USA are for game in afghanistan.
would be surprising if USA gets the deal finalized and still doesn't release any CSF funds..

System upgrades are included in the order. You can check the text posted by yourself.
Yes that is why I said you are wrong cause you specifically used word repair which is not there in the text which I posted from DOD. If you can find the word repair in the contract please point it out to me. I will ve happy to accept your point of view until then I would say my friend your conclusion is wrong AMD this is a direct sale and integration of system on an old platform is called upgrade. hope that helps your understanding.

Yes that is why I said you are wrong cause you specifically used word repair which is not there in the text which I posted from DOD. If you can find the word repair in the contract please point it out to me. I will ve happy to accept your point of view until then I would say my friend your conclusion is wrong AMD this is a direct sale and integration of system on an old platform is called upgrade. hope that helps your understanding.
Would wait until there's a DCSA notification. But sure, if this is what you believe in. Do share, how many systems are coming in. =)

Would wait until there's a DCSA notification. But sure, if this is what you believe in. Do share, how many systems are coming in. =)
I have given you am authentic source already do you disagree what DOD said then please send query to DOD not me.

An indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for Pakistani F-16s has been approved by the United States Department of Defense (DOD). Lockheed Martin has been awarded the contract.

Foreign Military Sales (FMS) for Sniper, Infrared Search and Track (IRST), and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) navigation pod (fixed wing) hardware production are part of the contract.

On its website, the US DOD confirmed the development stating, “This contract provides the necessary resources required for the management, fabrication, upgrade/retrofit, integration support and testing and shipping of its non-developmental item (NDI) Sniper Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP) System, NDI LANTIRN Fixed Image Navigation Set upgrades, and the NDI IRST system as it relates to the requirements document associated with each specific delivery order placed under this contract.”

In Orlando, Florida the work on the production will begin. It will be completed by May 2025. The FMS is basically for the US allies that include Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkey.
https://www.researchsnipers.com/united-states-to-upgrade-f-16-fighter-jets-of-pakistan/

Back
Top Bottom