What's new

US, Delhi Begin Talks To Build Iconic F-16 Fighter Jets In India: Report

Oh well......no F-16's for India then.
Oh, so you speak on the authority of lockheed martin and US govt ?

By the way its for indiais decision if they want to allow f-16 to be made here or not, LM is already on our door steps with the proposals. Its india that is not budging.

You know.... we are kind of playing cat and mouse with your Defence Establishment. They have no clue what we are up to!

Or they are not getting enough commission to earn some money in corruption. :)

India needs single engine aircraft. So that discounts f18. The only contenders are f16, grippen or tejas
Who says? Then why twin-engine AMCA is being developed or PAK-FGFA is proposed to be joint produced?

i am just scratching my head..who is trolling who? is it india or is it USA or are they both. being trolled... i mean IAF wount buy F-16, india wount pay for F-16 and in the end india wouldnt be able to have the commitment to build it there and than is there even a market for f-16 with f-35, lastly how much will USA provide in tech transfer to india

Why so much confused. The article suggest that US wants to manufacture F-16 in India, meaning F-16 manufacturig line in India, to use the cheaper labor cost, same like the outsourcing, when all US service calls are transfred to India, and attended by Indian executive. It does not means IAF purchasing those F-16. Another posibility is also that US companies are now going for mass production of F-35 in very high number to reduce its cost in short period, so they wants their lines free from that. Third what I think is F-16 and F-18 are going for remain for a while, and to provide support and repairs, India could provide that.

it would be whole rafale drama again

Bhai mere Rafale is big deal, around 189 for IAF, and may be for Indian Navy too, so it will take time. 36 Rafale in fly away condition will be coming in first tranche. And don't read idiotic reports and article of the jurno, who don't have much idea of the defence, but need to write the article, and predicting the cost. Rest assure Raffale in numbers are gonna come because it is needed for the transition of our Jaguar, Mirrage 2005, MIg 29UPG and MKI to FGFA and AMCA.

Can building F16 in India be a ploy to manufacture F35 in India? I see this as a possibility.

The most advanced F16 is F16V. This is being built for US Airforce

Don't think so, because to manufacture F-35 in India is not possible due to lack of manufacturing tech. required.

F-16 V is for the export.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom