What's new

US debt hits 14 trillon.Dollars

No, sort of something like this:

The article you posted does not contradict what I said.

Like I said, the USA actively chose to enter such an economic relationship with China.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

The article you posted does not contradict what I said.

Like I said, the USA actively chose to enter such an economic relationship with China.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

It does contradict what you said. China has to keep on buying US bonds if it keeps pegging its currency to the dollar. And it has to keep pegging its currency to the dollar if it wants to export cheaply to us. See how it is all entangled?

I agree with you on the fact that the US did knowingly enter into the economic relationship with China and has achieved significant gains from it. What more can we expect? We're getting things at roughly 1/7th of the price we would've if we hadn't outsourced manufacturing. Good deal for the United States I say.

I agree with you on the fact that the US did knowingly enter into the economic relationship with China and has achieved significant gains from it. What more can we expect? We're getting things at roughly 1/7th of the price we would've if we hadn't outsourced manufacturing. Good deal for the United States I say.

Well then we agree. :D

And let this strange union continue.

Anyone who doesn't like it, can blame Henry Kissinger, for getting the ball rolling.

Well then we agree. :D

And let this strange union continue.

Anyone who doesn't like it, can blame Henry Kissinger, for getting the ball rolling.

The agreement will continue as long as we can keep printing and take advantage of the situation. As soon as we realize that is not the case, we'll go for devaluation.

It does contradict what you said. China has to keep on buying US bonds if it keeps pegging its currency to the dollar. And it has to keep pegging its currency to the dollar if it wants to export cheaply to us. See how it is all entangled?

You simply refuse to see the writing on the wall. Its only cos the US dollar is the reserve currency that you can afford a gallon of petrol. China and other governments are reducing their holdings gradually. 10% drop over the last ten years just watch this space when the tipping point is reached.

I cant belive that someone is actualy proud of the fact that they are bankrupt well lets see how proud when the effects of bankruptcy reach you and you cant afford elec to come and comment on this forum.

The agreement will continue as long as we can keep printing and take advantage of the situation. As soon as we realize that is not the case, we'll go for devaluation.

When you devalu I cant wait to see you pay $50 dollars for a gallon of petrol hahahhaha thats what you are looking forward to that is your alternative to the chineses spanking you... lol

If this is not devaluation, I don't know what this is. No wonder they complain of high gas prices.

USD-CHF

fx_image.ashx

As soon as we realize that is not the case, we'll go for devaluation.

LOL, as Aryan_B said, why do you want to punish yourself?

The USA is the largest importer of goods on the planet. You need a strong dollar to pay for those imports.

If you really want to teach us a lesson, you could simply tighten your belts, and stop consuming so much.

But then again, the US economy is driven by consumption... it is a vicious circle.

LOL, as Aryan_B said, why do you want to punish yourself?

The USA is the largest importer of goods on the planet. You need a strong dollar to pay for those imports.

If you really want to teach us a lesson, you could simply tighten your belts, and stop consuming so much.

But then again, the US economy is driven by consumption... it is a vicious circle.

Punish ourselves? The US economy has grown threefold since in the last two decades or so.

Lets see, Saudi Arabia, depend on us for their defense needs. Iraq will do what we say. Same goes for Canada. The top energy exporters other than Russia are in agreement with us for their own personal agendas. Europe is in a far worse situation than us. They will agree to a devaluation the sooner one can say the word. Japan can never consume as much as it produces. The only way for its economy to increase is to export to the united states. Indonesia is emerging as a major industrial manufacturing country than ever and ASEAN wants us as well. I would say we're sitting comfortably in our position.

Essentially, we don't need a strong dollar as long as we can take care of the needs of other countries in agreement with us. Its a myth.

Punish ourselves? Lets see, Saudi Arabia, depend on us for their defense needs. Iraq will do what we say. Same goes for Canada. The top energy exporters other than Russia are in agreement with us for their own personal agendas. Europe is in a far worse situation than us. They will agree to a devaluation the sooner one can say the word. Japan can never consume as much as it produces. The only way for its economy to increase is to export to the united states. Indonesia is emerging as a major industrial manufacturing country than ever and ASEAN wants us as well. I would say we're sitting comfortably in our position.

Essentially, we don't need a strong dollar as long as we can take care of the needs of other countries in agreement with us. Its a myth.

Iraq refused to accept US$ you invaded. Libya refused US $ for its oil look at what you did. Iran refuses to accept US$ you sanction Iran... Just be patient in due course the maijority of your population will suffer starvation illnes etc. But you go bury your head in sand your government behaves like a bully. You know what they say about bullies that they are cowards. Thats why you cant even defeat a bunch of old blokes in pyjamas with obsolete weapons in afghanistan

Nothing to worry about indeed! :coffee:

You can believe it or not... but I hope that the American economy stays strong.

You are our largest customer after all. No one else can buy our products in such volume.

If you guys crash, we will be screwed as well.

If Americans can not reduce their domestic consumption (for fear of hurting their consumption-driven economy), then there is one solution that I'm sure most of the people here on this forum would agree with.

America can reduce its overseas military presence, and save hundreds of billions of dollars every year.

Back
Top Bottom