What's new

US church to go ahead with Sept 11 Quran burning

I would not come close to throwing other Americans in with this guy considering major leaders of every religion including Christianity have condemned this act and said was very disrespectful. This guy is alone in this. No one is supporting him. His own community has disowned him. All he has is his church with a very small group of followers.

Why should an exception be made by us. Some parts of the Taliban had decided to destroy the statue to Buddha in Afghanistan and ALL the Taliban was blamed. Well guess what.........this pastor lives in the US and is a Christian.....therefore it is the Americans who are doing this as it is their country with their laws. THEIRS, not ours.........

This would be biggest blunder ever by Americans. Such kind of act will justify taliban.American government should take a strict notice of it and those invole in this evil plane should be prosicuted , other wise it would maximise hatred against America in whole of muslim world. also it would expose all american s living through out muslim world to attacks by muslims outrage and it,s some thing very natural because Quran pak is most holy book of muslims and event like sep11 , if happen, will emotionaly hurt them and will make them to take action against americans and this would be great impetus to Taliban.. Americans should think about it .... cos it would mark christians extremism more dangerious than taliban

Last edited:
Why should an exception be made by us. Some parts of the Taliban had decided to destroy the statue to Buddha in Afghanistan and ALL the Taliban was blamed. Well guess what.........this pastor lives in the US and is a Christian.....therefore it is the Americans who are doing this as it is their country with their laws. THEIRS, not ours.........

Obviously all the Taliban are blamed because they all support it and they are a terror org(there is one branch them). That is such a stupid statement and comparison to make.

The Americans are not doing this genius because no American is supporting it. The U.S. government(which represents the people) said they are against it. The U.S. military warned him. Every representative of all religious branches in the U.S. has condemned him. How can you blame all the Americans i take insult to that. Your argument holds zero ground because it makes zero sense. Are the Islamic crazies in Pakistan now also representing that whole country ? Your argument is flawed. So what happens if a Christian murders a Muslim out of hate. Does that represent the whole country's stance on Muslims ? Obviously it doesn't. Just like one crazy pastor and his small group of people with zero support holds no face value on a country of millions.

Last edited:
This would be biggest blunder ever by Americans. Such kind of act will justify taliban.American government should take a strict notice of it and those invole in this evil plane should be prosicuted , other wise it would maximise hatred against America in whole of muslim world. also it would expose all american s living through out muslim world to attacks by muslims outrage and it,s some thing very natural because Quran pak is most holy book of muslims and event like sep11 , if happen, will emotionaly hurt them and will make them to take action against americans and this would be great impetus to Taliban.. Americans should think about it .... cos it would mark christians extremism more dangerious than taliban

Their rights are protected under the constitution what do you want the U.S. to do rewrite the constitution ? The government is against it but that doesn't mean they can go out and stop them. They have no legal right to.

Obviously all the Taliban are blamed because they all support it and they are a terror org(there is one branch them). That is such a stupid statement and comparison to make.

The Americans are not doing this genius because no American is supporting it. The U.S. government(which represents the people) said they are against it. The U.S. military warned him. Every representative of all religious branches in the U.S. has condemned him. How can you blame all the Americans i take insult to that. Your argument holds zero ground because it makes zero sense. Are the Islamic crazies in Pakistan now also representing that whole country ? Your argument is flawed. So what happens if a Christian murders a Muslim out of hate. Does that represent the whole country's stance on Muslims ? Obviously it doesn't. Just like one crazy pastor and his small group of people with zero support holds no face value on a country of millions.

Jigs........dont get emotional............I too can come up to that tone....

I am not calling for violence acts however my views have significantly changed with regards to Americans. If they treat Muslims as a whole and conduct collective punishment as a whole for the actions of individuals then I too hold that very right to hold the American people the perpetrators of this crime which is about to happen.

If their Constitution is flawed then that is a problem for them. As a State they have everything within their power to stop such an act but refuse to do so.....under the guise of freedom of expression. That debate along will derail this thread, as that freedom of expression will bring into the debate the Holocaust, Christian terrorism and so on and so forth.....

My point, this story depends on whose versions of events you look at. The Afghan Taliban you mentioned, sorry, not all of them supported the actions of destroying the statues, yet they were all labelled the same.

I am slowly leaning toward the Taliban viewpoint now as it is clear that they were right all along about these Americans. I must have been living in the dark all this time and wrong with regards to my views, which were similar to yours once upon a time.

Of all the things US has done you pick this one to be the "biggest blunder ever"?

Here's a question for you .... what is a bigger blunder..... US starting a war on incorrect intelligence in Iraq and killing more than tens of thousands of innocent Muslims?

OR

A pastor who has nothing to do with US govt or policy burning a copy of Quran?

Last edited:
Jigs........dont get emotional............I too can come up to that tone....

I am not calling for violence acts however my views have significantly changed with regards to Americans. If they treat Muslims as a whole and conduct collective punishment as a whole for the actions of individuals then I too hold that very right to hold the American people the perpetrators of this crime which is about to happen.

Not getting emotional just perplexed by your comparison. Your the same as this book burning pastor. He burns Quran of all Muslims because he is against radicals while you hold all Americans responsible for a extremists acts. Your no better then him.

If their Constitution is flawed then that is a problem for them. As a State they have everything within their power to stop such an act but refuse to do so.....under the guise of freedom of expression. That debate along will derail this thread, as that freedom of expression will bring into the debate the Holocaust, Christian terrorism and so on and so forth.....

That is your opinion if you think it is flawed. I find it fine and they do too since i am pretty sure the U.S. is far ahead of most of the world that become oppressive to views.

My point, this story depends on whose versions of events you look at. The Afghan Taliban you mentioned, sorry, not all of them supported the actions of destroying the statues, yet they were all labelled the same.

I am slowly leaning toward the Taliban viewpoint now as it is clear that they were right all along about these Americans. I must have been living in the dark all this time and wrong with regards to my views, which were similar to yours once upon a time.

Another closet Taliban supporter great. Welcome. That is a argument for another time i guess. Since it does not conform to the topic at head.

Once again you can't compare a terror org to a state. It becomes flawed at that stage. If they can't pick between chopping heads off and burning statues of other religions because they have disagreements agmonst themselves they are still terrorists that are trying to get their oppressive government back online. Could you post the article too.

..then I too hold that very right to hold the American people the perpetrators of this crime which is about to happen.

There is no crime about to happen, just a crazy man burning the writings of another.
However important they may be to you and I understand they are very important, if you think the appropriate reaction to bigotry is bigotry, you are severely mistaken ethically, morally and simply tactically.

Imagine this Headline: "Crazy, backwards pastor in the US, with only 50 followers burns Quarans, Muslims around the world not impressed saying: 'There are some stupid people everywhere and we feel he shouldn't burn books of any kind, but this is just one crazy guy halfway around the world, I have bigger things to worry about.'"

That will be the last time such a "provocation" occurs or can gather ANY support. (I mean even this one has very very little support even in the US)

Am I making any sense to you?

Last edited:
This a evil and dumb (redneck) this is a low class of whites in the south... this man is nothing but evil what will he achive ? nothing this is unhuman act a shameful act a discrace and to be doing this in a the house of GOD to be burning another religions holy book. This dum *** is forsure going to cause alot more tension in the country and around the world i never knew that freedom of speech and living in the land of the free can come to such shameful measures i hope this jerk burns in hell . Rather then spreading the word of GOD and peace and love he wants to do more damage to the world and to the US troops putting them in more harms way then they already are i really hope he goes to hell for his sins. I am against burning or talking bad about any religion.

What if they burn a copy of Holy Quran by appeasing their ill spirit? Will Islam cease to be exist? I think never, rather their disgraceful act will increase the enemies of West and it will strengthen the hatred of Muslims against US. Enjoy maximum liberty !! down with your freedom of expression. Islam is not such a religion to be subdued with such coward steps.

So.... A church of 50 in Florida is throwing a Quran(sp?) burning party. Imagine their extreme embarrassment if nobody else showed up?

Unfortunately, everyone with a voice will show up, helping too prove their point. :hitwall:

What if they burn a copy of Holy Quran by appeasing their ill spirit? Will Islam cease to be exist? I think never, rather their disgraceful act will increase the enemies of West and it will strengthen the hatred of Muslims against US. Enjoy maximum liberty !! down with your freedom of expression. Islam is not such a religion to be subdued with such coward steps.

They actually want to burn thousands of copies of Holy Quran. If anything, it might create a fire hazard. So cops and firs fighters should be monitoring the event closely. Everybody should leave the event at that and not feed the Pastors media cravings.

They actually want to burn thousands of copies of Holy Quran. If anything, it might create a fire hazard. So cops and firs fighters should be monitoring the event closely. Everybody should leave the event at that and not feed the Pastors media cravings.

Last I heard the fire marshall in Gainesville had denied the Pastor's request for a permit.

The fire department has denied Jones a required burn permit, but he said lawyers have told him he has the right to burn the Qurans, with or without the city's permission.

Quran Burning Still on for 9/11, Minister Says - CBS News

condemn this act is not enugh for muslims i really dont think taliban or extreamst or even a noral muslim wil satisfy of condemn by usa or heiry or any one they have to stop them or ready for new wave of tarorr in worldwide.and this time when extreamst hit US EU we just say we condemn this act and tata.its not state responsebilty to stop such thugs ?

condemn this act is not enugh for muslims i really dont think taliban or extreamst or even a noral muslim wil satisfy of condemn by usa or heiry or any one they have to stop them or ready for new wave of tarorr in worldwide.and this time when extreamst hit US EU we just say we condemn this act and tata.its not state responsebilty to stop such thugs ?

That is what you do anyways, what's the difference?

And, no it is not state's responsibility to stop such thugs. In case you haven't noticed...... he has the right to burn Quran.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom