What's new

US cannot attain objectives in Afghanistan, without change of behaviour by Pakistan: Gen Dunford

All these generals, from Michael Mullen,despite of having cordial relations with Gen. Kiyani, to General Dunford blames Pakistan for their failures in Afghanistan and when asked to give briefing in US Congress. Their escape goat is Pakistan perhaps.

Mate, with all due respect, our half glass full nuclear status is inviting more trouble with each passing day. Whereas a full fledged nuclear capability (ICBMs and H-bombs) will settle the score once and for all. We are not asking for war, we are just keeping the war at arms length by the means of deterrence. If the deterrence had worked with India, it also needs to work with other powers including America, its a rule of jungle out there, nation's sovereignty and security cannot be left on the mercy of well wishes and warm words of today`s allies who can turn into enemies tomorrow. World today has become more unstable with nationalist and uncompromising stances taken by nations , even on matters where they themselves are wrong. Logic doesnt work anymore and who ever got the stick will tame the bull. We need the stick, and almighty one. And its nothing to do with India. Infact we need to delink ourselves with India and think globally.

WW3 will happen any. And like the previous ones, the reasons will be the same. Its the ecomony. Every economic reset in history needed a war. Its the wrong perception that western economic situation will stop them from war. Infact, they need the war to stimulate their economy and reset it. It will also help them put the blunders made by their economic high ups under the carpet, the bankers. America is starring at the worst economic collapse, which will make 2008 looks like walk in the park. 2008 was caused by derivatives, this time it will be triple whammy, the derivatives, bonds and stock market. Why do you think Trumph is getting desperate for war with DPRK? They need war my friend. They also need a war to squeeze China, who along with Russia has been openly declared the war against petro dollar. Pakistan fits the bill here as well as their prime target because our strategic partnership with China.

Do not for once think it is to do with some rag tag Haqqani network. There are much much bigger things at stake here.

I agree that Pakistan does not worry about some pesky mob to our east. Everybody knows that. It is just the silly media which keeps them relevant and probably their own obsession with Pakistan.

As far as the global stage is concerned. We have our eyes ears and nose open. And we are one of the most forward strategists when it comes to distributing resources among the shareholders.

We just do not need any ICBM or any other capability. If its deterrence you need. Then we already have all of them so just relax and stop looking at the world at some sort of prophetic doomsday time bomb.

If they need a war they surely know Pakistan is not the right choice nor the right people to mess with.

Respect yourselves first mate. No one is out to get you and this paranoia is the most Indian thing you can do.

I agree that Pakistan does not worry about some pesky mob to our east. Everybody knows that. It is just the silly media which keeps them relevant and probably their own obsession with Pakistan.

As far as the global stage is concerned. We have our eyes ears and nose open. And we are one of the most forward strategists when it comes to distributing resources among the shareholders.

We just do not need any ICBM or any other capability. If its deterrence you need. Then we already have all of them so just relax and stop looking at the world at some sort of prophetic doomsday time bomb.

If they need a war they surely know Pakistan is not the right choice nor the right people to mess with.

Respect yourselves first mate. No one is out to get you and this paranoia is the most Indian thing you can do.

Do you want to wake up one day and being told that either you are with us or against or being told to be send to stone age if you don't comply?

They will not ask for your good opinion about yourself or geopoliticals, you will be dragged along. Look around, 50k dead with 120 billion $ loss to economy. At bear minimum, you need ICBM and thermos to say big fat NO. Every major power have used these capabilities to arm twist the lesser ones or secure their interest on global scale, we are not exceptions that we can delude ourselves in thinking otherwise. Respect and status is not given, its earned. Another 9/11, another decade of fourth generation warfare in Pakistan, God forbids. You want to be in situation to tell them, I don't have my dog in this fight, I am out, deal with it on your own.

Mark my words, these are not doomsday prophecies, these events have been repeated so many times in past that remaining oblivious to them is no longer an option. Current western economic situation is more worrying if you are a peace activities then what is coming out of fat kim's mouth.

When he said "full weight of US government and coalition partners should be brought on pakistan"
It doesn't mean that they are going to sit on us with their body weight....
Don't you know what is US government and Who are their coalition partners....
Obviously its White House, Pentagon and the NATO....
Are they going to give us treat by using their whole weight....:-)

It most definitely doesn't mean 'full spectrum of warfare'! He's referring to political weight - diplomatic pressure.

Do you want to wake up one day and being told that either you are with us or against or being told to be send to stone age if you don't comply?

They will not ask for your good opinion about yourself or geopoliticals, you will be dragged along. Look around, 50k dead with 120 billion $ loss to economy. At bear minimum, you need ICBM and thermos to say big fat NO. Every major power have used these capabilities to arm twist the lesser ones or secure their interest on global scale, we are not exceptions that we can delude ourselves in thinking otherwise. Respect and status is not given, its earned. Another 9/11, another decade of fourth generation warfare in Pakistan, God forbids. You want to be in situation to tell them, I don't have my dog in this fight, I am out, deal with it on your own.

Mark my words, these are not doomsday prophecies, these events have been repeated so many times in past that remaining oblivious to them is no longer an option. Current western economic situation is more worrying if you are a peace activities then what is coming out of fat kim's mouth.

Things do not appear the way they are.

Pakistan seeks peace not war and no body forces a war on someone seeking peace.

That is natures rule.

Pakistan has no need for ICBM or any other thermos for that matter.

Attacking Pakistan will start a chain reaction which will bring 3-4 more regional countries to war .

Halwa hai kia??

Things do not appear the way they are.

Pakistan seeks peace not war and no body forces a war on someone seeking peace.

That is natures rule.

Pakistan has no need for ICBM or any other thermos for that matter.

What makes you so confident? Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11, infact they were asking for proofs so OBL can be extradited. Was Pakistan seeking war in pre 9/11 world? War was imposed on us. The fourth/fifth generation war.

Those who prepare for worst case scenario, wins.

Call me paranoid but I have seen how Pakistan's foundations were shaken in this WOT just because we were not in the position to say No, not our war, go fight yourself.

Pakistan is responsible for kardashians and their babies too .. If USA can't get objective in Afghanistan because of few Taliban hiding in Pakistan than USA should shut pentagon and turned it into a museum .. You have a military might with 30+countries backing you and yet you can't get peace in kabul ?

Taala laga do pentagon pe

What makes you so confident? Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11, infact they were asking for proofs so OBL can be extradited. Was Pakistan seeking war in pre 9/11 world? War was imposed on us. The fourth/fifth generation war.

Those who prepare for worst case scenario, wins.

Call me paranoid but I have seen how Pakistan's foundations were shaken in this WOT just because we were not in the position to say No, not our war, go fight yourself.

What makes me confident? that is an open secret left for you to find out.

911 was a terrible incident which shook the world and Pakistan that day and to this condemns terrorism in all its form.

Rest of the most I refuse to answer.

Dear Americans i guess you forget Soviet Union bark the same about Pakistan.........come and this time Russia is waiting to take revenge with us we will make your graveyard in Afghanistan just like Soviets.:lol:

Indeed, last time when US Russia indulged the losers were Afgan and Pakistan, now history will repeat,
There is ample amount of cheap blood in the region which both parties will buy with aids/ funds / weapons to fight their wars while they enjoy the show 1000s of Kms away.

Last time Pakistan offered its services and payed with WOT and regional instability and Afgan got ruined, this time they have changed masters Afgan on US side / and Pak on other, however the string pullers wont feel the heat of destruction.

An army of Mercenaries from the East (10-20k, maybe more - why is ISIS sitting there btw?) and India from North West (disputed territory only & claim not crossing the international border) .... there will be one final wave but this won't be the final war.

Rules of engagement will not be as Vietnam where regular army was sent, and this is what McCain was pointing to.

@El Sidd ... maybe you are trying to avoid a panic but we need a reality check.

An army of Mercenaries from the East (10-20k, maybe more - why is ISIS sitting there btw?) and India from North West (disputed territory only & claim not crossing the international border) .... there will be one final wave but this won't be the final war.

Rules of engagement will not be as Vietnam where regular army was sent, and this is what McCain was pointing to.

@El Sidd ... maybe you are trying to avoid a panic but we need a reality check.

nope.

i am only trying to say we have it under control.

bunch of random Pakistanis know about this and discuss this on an internet forum

need i say anything more?

What makes me confident? that is an open secret left for you to find out.

911 was a terrible incident which shook the world and Pakistan that day and to this condemns terrorism in all its form.

Rest of the most I refuse to answer.

Indeed. 9/11 was terrible event, but those who committed this crime are still there in power and got more reasons now to commit something similar when their global hegemony is under pressure by other power centers.

I admire your optimism. But I have seen enough bloodshed on the streets of Pakistan to question your logic, respectfully.

There is no harm to be prepared for worst case, specially when we have been found out in past for which we paid dearly.

Back
Top Bottom