What's new

US Asian Pivot on steroids, using insurgency as a geopolitical tool

dcrn233l.jpg

Personally I donot know about Chakmas anymore than what I read on the internet and some stories from the chakmas from our side of border , and I don`t care about them ,I was just messing with the op. But your asumption about Northeast India is certainely not true.. agreed insurgency is there but their goals have long changed, Not one of them talks of independence or autonomy anymore, the entire insurgency thing, that you read about has turned into some inter tribe rivalry .. it is the insurgents killing each other and we the common folks are caught up in the cross fire, most insurgents are actually quite satisfied with ceasefire agreements with goi so that they can save themselve from being shot by Indian army.. Comon people are fed up all this, especially the manipuris and all want nothing but peace..Most knowledgeable persons actually want peace and prosperity which is certainely not possible without the end of violence..The concept of foreigner and us (NE) have long dissappered specially with us young generation.. We have seen the plight of people who join insurgent in the 80 and 90s.. nobody wants a future like that for themeselve even the insurgents themeselves..

Agreed that there are some regional rivalry and regional stereotyping in India but your claim of us NE being ruled by foreign ethnic group is definetly not true .. Infact I would love to be ruled by the central government, such is the pathetic state of local administration and politicians..

zootinali, our feeling towards people of the North East states is different than our feeling towards India. Let me clarify that. Since 1947 India has been interfering in our internal affairs and since 1971, the interference has gotten worse. But people of North East has no part in any of this, if I am not mistaken. Besides you guys are our neighbors and we don't have this Hindu-Muslim historical baggage to deal with. We do have ethnic differences, but we have been good neighbors throughout history.

If what you say is true, that insurgency is no longer what people want, then who are we, Bangladeshi's, to go against people's wishes, but we will depend on our own sources to verify the veracity of these claims of course.

Our stand is quite simple. We do not view India and North East states as the same entity. They are different. India today is in control of NE states, may be with the instability with these vicious Bamars in neighboring Burma, it is better this way, I don't know. But when all the dust settles, things may change. Whether the people of North East states want to remain with India or want to secede from India and become independent, we will always support your majority wish. Also you should know that Bangladesh will always provide you sea access and use of Chittagong port or any future deep sea port in Sonadia.

Because of close proximity, Bangladesh and North East states have good prospect for helping each other in many respects, with trade, purchase of gas, hydro-electric power, many things. So we hope these relations develop over time, with or without India being in control of this area.

Like anyone gives a flying fck about what a rootless rajakar thinks about India and North East. You are a nobody:cheesy: I dare Bangladesh to try something funny in the North East, perfect opportunity for India to annex Rangpur and CHT:lol:

Like the famous Hindi song,
"Maar diya jaaye ki chhod diya jaaye, bol tere sath kya salook kiya jaye"
(should be killed or should be spared,just tell what is best deserving to you.)
:lol::lol:

I would have taken Kallus ethnic faultline argument infinitely more seriously if he'd not fought for the Pakistan Army in 1971.

mwuah ra goo ??? SarangHae Kpop but SarangHaeYo India too :P

:lol: People need to stfu about stuff they don't know about . Classic . From what I know , NEasterners distrust China more than other Indians . Ask Tshering as well .Btw , where has Tshering gone ?

KeyboardWarriorsGC.jpg

zootinali, our feeling towards people of the North East states is different than our feeling towards India. Let me clarify that. Since 1947 India has been interfering in our internal affairs and since 1971, the interference has gotten worse. But people of North East has no part in any of this, if I am not mistaken. Besides you guys are our neighbors and we don't have this Hindu-Muslim historical baggage to deal with. We do have ethnic differences, but we have been good neighbors throughout history.

If what you say is true, that insurgency is no longer what people want, then who are we, Bangladeshi's, to go against people's wishes, but we will depend on our own sources to verify the veracity of these claims of course.

Our stand is quite simple. We do not view India and North East states as the same entity. They are different. India today is in control of NE states, may be with the instability with these vicious Bamars in neighboring Burma, it is better this way, I don't know. But when all the dust settles, things may change. Whether the people of North East states want to remain with India or want to secede from India and become independent, we will always support your majority wish. Also you should know that Bangladesh will always provide you sea access and use of Chittagong port or any future deep sea port in Sonadia.

Because of close proximity, Bangladesh and North East states have good prospect for helping each other in many respects, with trade, purchase of gas, hydro-electric power, many things. So we hope these relations develop over time, with or without India being in control of this area.

Bangladeshi thinks North-East as their "New World" for homeland by illegal immigration.

Guys don't waster your time talking to Bangladeshis on this forum . Except for Zabaniya , all of them are useless internet warriors .

Indians getting ticked off? looks like I hit a raw nerve some place. Anyway, that post was meant for people of North East states, nothing to do with "mainland" Indians.

How old is he.

Too old to understand how modern geopolitics works and yet not old enough to understand how modern geopolitics works.

OTOH to give him benefit of the doubt, he may be a Timurid and hence did fight on his side of the ethnic divide in 1971 against the Bengalis.

Back
Top Bottom