What's new

US Army major kills 12 in shooting rampage

Let's not speculate on how "cowardly" soldiers are or how "evil" America is, most of us are in no position to make such claims anyway. This is the time when we need to help the Americans understand our strife, our soldiers are killed everyday by madmen in our country, and now they can relate like never before. This is not the time to push the Americans away by demeaning them or their country.

Let's get a grip boys. Show your respect, regardless of what you think of American foreign policy.

Greeting,

What is name of OTHER TWO SUSPECTS? Have you notice that CNN only discussed about Malik Nadal only? He is alive as other suspects.. I guess, Races still exists in America...

There are no other suspects. He acted on his own... I think he just went insane and lost it...

Hi,

Normally, even under dire circumstances, you don't expect this kind of behaviour from an officer with the rank of a major---secondly a doctor at that---and a psychiatrist as well---. Here is one man everyone goes to seek help---who would he go to!

That just breaks all the beliefs that we have in the medical profession---a doctor on a killing spree---it can be expected that a soldier will get mad at his officer and shoot him---but an officer getting mad at the soldiers and killing them at random---.

This man never understood or realized what kind of repurcussions his actions would bring about against the rest of the american muslims---so much bent on killing he was.

He took an oath when he joined the millitary----he took an oath when he got his medical degree---he wore the uniform of the millitary with pride when it suited him---in adversity, he should have chosen to put in his resignation---nobody forced him to deploy---he could have refused deployment and gone through the discharge---so many things that could have been done instead of taking all those lives.

Whoever did this, Muslim or otherwise, is a bastard and a traitor to his country. An oath breaker. And thats that.

in the end, that is what it comes down to!!!

If he didn't want to get deployed, he should have just fled to Canada. That's what most of the deserters there do.

The suspect has survived 4 bullet wounds; it will be very interesting and disturbing when we hear his testimony. I'm sure it will get hell of a lot of coverage.

If he didn't want to get deployed, he should have just fled to Canada. That's what most of the deserters there do.

Even then, he had signed an agreement. Sworn an oath. You don't join the army to flee at the moment you're called upon. And you certainly don't turn your gun on your comrades. Whatever the source of this, there can be no justification. When he joined the US military, did he really think he won't be an instrument of US foreign policy? If it was ideological, he could've stayed away.

This was an insane act by an insane Doc - If he was so against the American Wars, he should have deployed to Iraq gone AWOL, slipped onto the other side where he would have been at home due to his ethnicity and then fought the Americans.
What he has done is not explicable under any circumstances.
It was cowardice and a treachery in extremis - in which he was trusted by his fellow comrades as one of their own. You don't do this to those who place their trust in you.
We expect all Americans and those who live there to be totally loyal to their country whether or not they agree to its policies or not. They have a wonderful way of changing their Govts should they want a change in policies.
President Barack Obama is just such an example and I personally salute a triumph of that nation, America that has so successfully assimilated such a diverse group of people from all over the world and their opinions into such a successful working model.
It is so sad to see something like this happen.

Even then, he had signed an agreement. Sworn an oath. You don't join the army to flee at the moment you're called upon. And you certainly don't turn your gun on your comrades. Whatever the source of this, there can be no justification. When he joined the US military, did he really think he won't be an instrument of US foreign policy? If it was ideological, he could've stayed away.

well yeah that's true, I agree! His job is to follow the orders of his superiors and nothing else.

According to accounts I have read about this Army major, he had even hired a lawyer and was known to be vociferously anti-war.

My point is that IF (I emphasize IF) he HAD TO defy orders, he should have done what other deserters do.

Ideally yes --- he would neglect his own sensitivities and carry out the duties assigned to him; tenaciously and without raising any questions or even muttering anything.

But clearly, this man was adament to re-deployment in the war zone. Rather than turn his pistols on his own comrades, he should have just folded his uniform properly and fled to Canada.

now imagine --- the other Muslims in the Armed Forces of U.S.A. --- what kind of witch-hunt is gonna follow in next few weeks? Is it fair?

Enjoyed reading the article by Mr Fundamentalist about Bushes war!May Allah swt destroy and wipe out Pakistan's and Muslim's enemy from the the face of the earth!Ameen

Enjoyed reading the article by Mr Fundamentalist about Bushes war!May Allah swt destroy and wipe out Pakistan's and Muslim's enemy from the the face of the earth!Ameen
Sooo...Has Allah given His permission to the muslims to destroy US yet? If not, any ideas as to why the wait?

The signs of a holy war are undeniably present.

It doesn't matter what imagery or vocabulary Bush or some elements in the US military use. He had a contract with an officially secular institution (the fact that he, being a Muslim, was allowed to achieve a position there that enabled him to do so much harm attests to that). No one can be blamed for this other than the man himself, this act is an aberration. Don't push an agenda this way please. There would be many Muslims in the US military who would be disgusted by that.

now imagine --- the other Muslims in the Armed Forces of U.S.A. --- what kind of witch-hunt is gonna follow in next few weeks? Is it fair?

I don't think a witch hunt would follow. They're too mature and well lead for that. Some vigilance or slight change in attitude might take place, but nothing akin to a witch hunt.

Back
Top Bottom