What's new

US an Arab allies begin airstrikes in Syria

US should have minded it's own business and let Arabs do the bombing of IS. That way SAAF could bomb Assad along with IS without US restraining them for sake of image.

So, Are you sure that US should have minded their business in this case?

What do you mean by SAAF ?... Saudi Airforce ? If you mean that, then no.... for many reasons they wont go alone against Bashar Assad.

What do you mean by SAAF ?... Saudi Airforce ? If you mean that, then no.... for many reasons they wont go alone against Bashar Assad.

I meant RSAF ie Saudi Airforce.

Have you taken a look at their inventory? They are capable of flattening Syrian Army and Airforce without suffering any appreciable loss.

I meant RSAF ie Saudi Airforce.

Have you taken a look at their inventory? They are capable of flattening Syrian Army and Airforce without suffering any appreciable loss.
Capabilty is one thing but executing it is different, for example if you were a billionaire you would buy hundreds of warplanes but where you get the pilots,knowledge,maintenance,moral, fighting for the cause etc ?

This is the case of Saudi Arabia, they have modern hardware but i doubt they can be meaningful on the ground (yeh i know, skies).

Capabilty is one thing but executing it is different, for example if you were a billionaire you would buy hundreds of warplanes but where you get the pilots,knowledge,maintenance,moral, fighting for the cause etc ?

This is the case of Saudi Arabia, they have modern hardware but i doubt they can be meaningful on the ground (yeh i know, skies).

I think it was disproved here time and again that the myth of Saudi military can't fight is just that, a myth. And not everyone uses human waves tactics for "Fighting for the cause" to make a difference on a professional military.

But you are right we can't go at it alone mainly for political reasons, and for trying to avoid an all out war.

Modern Airplanes are not 1950-70's type of planes you see in Topgun. Contemporary planes are very easy to fly, and forget about maneuvores, these days pilots do not even see their target; they fire on a dot that shows up on their radar screen. It is like applying for death of rival using Radar homing missiles and seeing outecome after several minutes rather than Topgun dogfights.Pilot skills are not that important when a Eurocanrd is going up against a rusty airforce falling off it's edges.

Maintainence of RSAF is done by Americans.

I think it was disproved here time and again that the myth of Saudi military can't fight is just that, a myth. And not everyone uses human waves tactics for "Fighting for the cause" to make a difference on a professional military.

But you are right we can't go at it alone mainly for political reasons, and for trying to avoid an all out war.

Well bro, each era has its own mindset so did ours in the 80's but that has completely changed as you see nowadays.

Saudi Arabia just cant do it alone, even the US cant, because the task is huge and challenges are plenty. Btw, why not bombing in favour of Assad ? His enemies are all throat cutters like ISIS.

Even the FSA was and still is involved in suicide bombings, killings and other crimes and they have alliances with Jabhat al nusra and other terror groups. All the militants in Syria have commited war crimes. So bombing Assad is not a righteous cause, helping his government is.

Modern Airplanes are not 1950-70's type of planes you see in Topgun. Contemporary planes are very easy to fly, and forget about maneuvores, these days pilots do not even see their target, they fire on a dot that shows up on their radar screen. It is like applying for death of rival using Radar homing missiles and seeing outecome after several minutes rather than Topgun dogfights.Pilot skills are not that important when a Eurocanrd is going up against a rusty airforce falling off it's edges.

Maintainence of RSAF is done by Americans and Saudis under ToT agreements.

I said Saudi needs USA in order to maintain such a modern airforce. And they need USA if they want to go on a mission, maintaining such modern weaponry is not a easy task and only one or two nations can do that beside the USA.

You always need help,advice from your suppliers if you want to do something, without that your chances of success diminishes.

Last edited:
I said Saudi needs USA in order to maintain such a modern airforce. And they need USA if they want to go on a mission, maintaining such modern weaponry is not a easy task and only one or two nations can do that beside the USA.

You always need help,advice from your supplies if you want to do something, without that your chances of success diminishes.

That is what i am also saying.

Maintainence and Supplies of RSAF are guarranted by US. RSAF have to put their pilots in their planes and fly. Rest everything is taken care of by US.

Well bro, each era has its own mindset so did ours in the 80's but that has completely changed as you see nowadays.

Saudi Arabia just cant do it alone, even the US cant, because the task is huge and challenges are plenty. Btw, why not bombing in favour of Assad ? His enemies are all throat cutters like ISIS.

Even the FSA was and still is involved in suicide bombings, killings and other crimes and they have alliances with Jabhat al nusra and other terror groups. All the militants in Syria have commited war crimes. So bombing Assad is not a righteous cause, helping his government is.

You always need help,advice from your suppliers if you want to do something, without that your chances of success diminishes.

No, FSA was actually fighting ISIS and Al-Nusra for years now as well as Assad, Assad also made ceasefires with other rebel factions and Assad has committed the bulk of war crimes, in fact the majority of operations conducted by Assad is against FSA and not anyone else, Because FSA is also a Syrian government, and to me FSA is the only legitimate Syrian government.

Maintainence and Supplies of RSAF are guarranted by US. RSAF have to put their pilots in their planes and fly. Rest everything is taken care off by US.
I am also doubting the amount of pilots Saudi has for such huge numbers of aircraft, what are their pilot training programs ? where do they take place (i assume USA) and how long does it take, are they trained in such a way that they can operate independently without US pilot organizers,planners, assistance etc.

Beside the pilot issue is the political issue which i am sure Saudi doesnt want to engage itself with. Bombing Assad with US help will have severe consequences in the region and perhaps beyond it.

Maintainence and Supplies of RSAF are guarranted by US. RSAF have to put their pilots in their planes and fly. Rest everything is taken care off by US.

Not really, no. If there is one nation beside the US that can currently maintain all of the US's equipment for a long time without having to get support from the US it is Saudi Arabia.

No, FSA was actually fighting ISIS and Al-Nusra for years now as well as Assad, Assad also made ceasefires with other rebel factions and Assad has committed the bulk of war crimes, in fact the majority of operations conducted by Assad is against FSA and not anyone else, Because FSA is also a Syrian government, and to me FSA is the only legitimate Syrian government.
Its obvious we disagree on this, and i think our disagreement is huge. So i think we will never have a fruitful and positive discussion unless we want to go back and forth.

I am also doubting the amount of pilots Saudi has for such huge numbers of aircraft, what are their pilot training programs ? where do they take place (i assume USA) and how long does it take, are they trained in such a way that they can operate independently without US pilot assistance etc.

Beside the pilot issue is the political issue which i am sure Saudi doesnt want to engage itself with. Bombing Assad with US help will have severe consequences in the region and perhaps beyond it.

Saudi Arabia has 3 pilot training schools in the country, it has a strategic school, as well as a research and tactic school. Saudi pilots go to the US for training of either new technologies on the aircraft or for new type of aircraft, or in joint exercises such as red flag.

Its obvious we disagree on this, and i think our disagreement is huge. So i think we will never have a fruitful and positive discussion unless we want to go back and forth.

Thank you, please remain in this website, also teach other Iranians in this forum to talk in a civilized manner such as you.

I am also doubting the amount of pilots Saudi has for such huge numbers of aircraft, what are their pilot training programs ? where do they take place (i assume USA) and how long does it take, are they trained in such a way that they can operate independently without US pilot organizers,planners, assistance etc.

Skill of pilots is directly proportional to number of hours clocked. Saudi's have enough money that their pilots could even afford 1000 hours per year in training.

Not really, no. If there is one nation beside the US that can currently maintain all of the US's equipment for a long time without having to get support from the US it is Saudi Arabia.

But even today, it is not uncommon to hear US trainers and maintainence crew working in SA.

Skill of pilots is directly proportional to number of hours clocked. Saudi's have enough money that their pilots could even afford 1000 hours per year in training.

But even today, it is not uncommon to hear US trainers and maintainence crew working in SA.

Our recently acquired Typhoon fleet recently clocked 10,000 hours flight time, Grand Salaam! Eurofighter Flies Off With Saudi Contract

There are US trainers yes, mainly retired US servicemen who underwent recent operations in Iraq and Afghanistan to pass on these experiences to Saudi pilots. Maintenance crews are not there to really maintain, not now anyway (Yes before they were but not anymore) they are there also to teach maintenance crews, yeah in the period between you will hear how a full Saudized maintenance crews struggled for a bit between 2003-2009 but now everything is in working order up to NATO standards.

Back
Top Bottom