What's new

US an Arab allies begin airstrikes in Syria

Wait until Assad says "We hold our right to respond to a time of our choosing" after getting his entire SAM batteries obliterated by Tomahawks and Saudi SLAM-ERs and JASSMs.

I'm interested to hear if JASSMs were used. I don't believe they've been used in combat before.

happy to see these terrorists bombed to hell but I hope they don't expand this campaign against the Syrian govt.

Yes Tomahawks have not been historically used against ground Anti-Air installations at all, and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan and UAE are just there for some 23mm canons, of course that's it.

Anyways, as both Saudi and American this is great. This whole thing is just great.

I'm interested to hear if JASSMs were used. I don't believe they've been used in combat before.

Well, we did receive our first order of JASSM earlier last month, so it is not out of the question that it might have been used. And an order of 750 JASSMs bring a healthy dose of SEAD to everyone involved.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

5afa33187c9c6cfade9979c49dd6f67d.gif

8cc4743549c1b0615b9eff5a4694ec41.jpg

3ba2aaebc6ab62b427b8baa6d0f53bf1.gif

Yes Tomahawks have not been historically used against ground Anti-Air installations at all, and Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan and UAE are just there for some 23mm canons, of course that's it.
Anyways, as both Saudi and American this is great. This whole thing is just great.
not just yet, we'll know from Syrian news sources if/when they do strike regime installations.

It's hard to say if Syrian air defenses were hit. Tomahawks probably took out ISIS command and control buildings.

You are waiting for Syrian regime news to tell you the truth?? Okay Good luck buddy.
eh, so you're saying these airstrikes are targeting the regime already ?

well, always knew this was the plan and that this ISIS thing was just a ruse to go against Assad but some confirmation would be good.

It's hard to say if Syrian air defenses were hit. Tomahawks probably took out ISIS command and control buildings.

You think Assad is going to be "cool" with RSAF F-15s flying above his presidential palace?

You think Assad is going to be "cool" with RSAF F-15s flying above his presidential palace?

Probably not, but if he attacks US/Arab forces, his military gets annihilated and he knows it. He really has no control of the situation. Syrian SAMS might have been jammed, but I think it's to early to say if we've outright attacked them. I've seen no reports of such attacks yet.

Probably not, but if he attacks US/Arab forces, his military gets annihilated and he knows it. He really has no control of the situation. Syrian SAMS might have been jammed, but I think it's to early to say if we've outright attacked them. I've seen no reports of such attacks yet.

You are right its too early, but you have to agree that the equipment used is not exactly "COIN" Equipment is it?

Hopefully the airstrikes are limited to only ISIS targets and not the Syrian military or the legitimate Syrian government of Bashar Al Assad.
Otherwise there will be reprisals.

You are right its too early, but you have to agree that the equipment used is not exactly "COIN" Equipment is it?
but the IS are almost a conventional army, I'm hoping it's just them who will be targeted.

Back
Top Bottom