What's new

US AH-64D wins Indian Attack Chopper Deal , Mi-28N Looses: RIAN

For posterity (unless Mods delete the off topic reference), I am putting on record here that we will soon see Super Hornets in Indian colors.. Cant disclose the source.. And it is outside of MRCA... ;)

I'm sorry but until I see a source I can't believe this true as nowadays there are VERY stringent anti-corruption laws regarding single source procurement.

Not to mention that the SH was de-selected on technical grounds so to allow it into the IAF in side or outside the MRCA would be VERY suspect. Also what would be the advantage of allowing the SH into the IAF? can it do anything the two eurocanards can't do?

This will the the role, don't let them hide and KILL, KILL and KILL some more terrorists. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
99 percent of Indian members here,predicted that the Apache would be the ones replacing the Hind..............and the prediction came true:)

So did I! About a year ago. The Apaches were what the IAF was salivating for. Once MoD and MEA okayed it, it was "nolo contendre".

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

What will be their role when we have LCH???

Apaches for IAF and LCH for IA. When the LCH is available in significant numbers, then IAF will take them into its inventory too.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

I'm sorry but until I see a source I can't believe this true as nowadays there are VERY stringent anti-corruption laws regarding single source procurement.

Not to mention that the SH was de-selected on technical grounds so to allow it into the IAF in side or outside the MRCA would be VERY suspect. Also what would be the advantage of allowing the SH into the IAF? can it do anything the two eurocanards can't do?

You have a point there, esp in the second para. No likelihood of SHs, either back-door or front-door. The IAF don't want them, period.

good news indeed...22 are quite enough for northern border and on western border aka LCH will monitor.

A worthy Diwali gift to the armed forces.

I hope the heavy lift helo tender goes to Russians . That way everyone has their share of the pie and we will have the best machines for our requirements.

Nada, Amigo. That is going the Chinook way. Take my word for it.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
What will be their role when we have LCH???

Apache comes in the heavy weight chopper category .... LCH in the light-weight category ...

More firepower , more close-in support , moreover Apache will be operated by IAF , while LCH will be inducted in Army Aviation ( 114 ) in larger numbers and in smaller numbers in IAF ( 65 ) .

mig-35 had been rejected now attack helos
this will change Russian mind
Pakistan is interested in mi-28 may be now Russian think about that

Take it away man but get ready to pay in Cash coz aaj nakkad kal udhaar :lol: is mother russia buisness moto.

It will take time for you to buy that, coz its still under developement. Why do you think it didnt meet on 20 Criteria?
By the way we have a way with Russians, For them to change their mind, it will take at least 50 years..

So...Keep dreaming.

Back
Top Bottom