What's new

US AH-64D wins Indian Attack Chopper Deal , Mi-28N Looses: RIAN

4th Nov...?Bids will open on 4th Nov..Final decision will come only in Feb-march.. If both are too costly then :P

nopes..keep dreaming!!!
there are lot of other small deals attached with it like kaveri snecma deal and other jv projects with tot;)
and what america is going to give?? a big zero.:lol:

nopes..keep dreaming!!!
there are lot of other small deals attached with it like kaveri snecma deal and other jv projects with tot;)
and what america is going to give?? a big zero.:lol:

Just a couple of Squad of Growlers...

BTW My favorite is F-16 not F-18...

For posterity (unless Mods delete the off topic reference), I am putting on record here that we will soon see Super Hornets in Indian colors.. Cant disclose the source.. And it is outside of MRCA... ;)

I am marking your words ... lets see your source is ??? :azn:

Why just 22??

With an optional delivery of additional 22 helicopters. That's how India works.

First we placed order for 6 C-130J Super Hercules then follow on order for 6 more or 10 C-17 Globemaster-III then for 6 more.

So, we will get 22 + 22 = 44 attack helicopter AH-64D Apache Longbow. :smokin:

And we will get Made in India LCH in hundreds of number :argh::partay:

Awesome news...Happy Diwali to all of you...

One of the other critical aspects that we are overlooking is - LCH will get many critical and crucial inputs from Apache users..will help LCH in terms of improvement in a long way....

This has been a great !! Congrats to IAF for executing this at a resonably fast pace..Nest stop MMRCA..

Someone please tell Army folks that they need to their bottoms moving for their upgradation..

This was simply a Political decision. It is very evident that our ruling babus got some goodies from Boeing. IN terms of technical fronts, there are many fronts that are mandated in both the contended in first place so that contenders are at a parallel level. The only reason why AH-64 is chosen is because US got kicked out of MRCA and this has NOTHING to do with technical requirements.

Apache's good reputation as a gunship from world over is just an added bonus to this. It was simply a political move.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

For posterity (unless Mods delete the off topic reference), I am putting on record here that we will soon see Super Hornets in Indian colors.. Cant disclose the source.. And it is outside of MRCA... ;)

Hell no! We don't want to be hung by our nuts on political decisions. The whole reason why Apache won this is because MRCA was lost by US. This is the only reason. Political. Outside MRCA buying SH is madness because this isn't potatoes and onions we're buying. We need money to manage all diverse fleets.

Mark my words; IAF will go for a uniform fleet and it certainly won't be American.

and Boeing will deliver it on time or ahead. This helicopter will cost far less on maintainence and india will not have issues with parts supplies. You get what you pay for theory still rules. Oh btw I predict the totals to be around 60 atleast in total...

and Boeing will deliver it on time or ahead. This helicopter will cost far less on maintainence and india will not have issues with parts supplies. You get what you pay for theory still rules. Oh btw I predict the totals to be around 60 atleast in total...

In recent future I dont think 60 will be a number......Yes its possibility in 5 years. By the way we need 60 for our doctorine.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I had that hint coming from a source too... never took it serious.. Boeing has been aggressive and been impressing a few lot.

If true cant believe Rafale's and Hornets donning tricolor.. man that's out of the world.:hang2:

NOTICED
: how they take so much time before they get cleared to shoot anyone? They have to get so many clearences even with an obvious target. thts how make ure least of amount collateral damage takes place.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

In recent future I dont think 60 will be a number......Yes its possibility in 5 years. By the way we need 60 for our doctorine.

you need atleast 5 attached to each tank amored division..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom