What's new

US adds Pakistan to blacklist for 'religious freedom violations'

hi, Hope you are doing well

I read through the link and thought I would point out something. A country's internal struggle with issues should not be characterized as it's national character.
India having religious conflicts makes it a country with poor law and order enforcement infrastructure and not an intolerant nation, Just like having massive terror activities in Pakistan makes it a country struggling with security and not a terrorist nation.

Exactly my point, all these 'blacklists' are someone else's carrot and stick! When the carrot won't work, find a big stick to beat them down with!

Exactly my point, all these 'blacklists' are someone else's carrot and stick! When the carrot won't work, find a big stick to beat them down with!
off topic, I saw the videos of Mark Wiens on Youtube of Pakistan, Wonderful place and wonderful food and the nicest people. Hopefully will get to visit once in this lifetime.

@Oscar One of the best things about Marks video was the interaction with the people, not the overly talkative overly friendly people that i find extremely irritating in touristy places.

I read through the link and thought I would point out something. A country's internal struggle with issues should not be characterized as it's national character.
It is an element of national character - one of the ingredients in the stew, so to speak.

off topic, I saw the videos of Mark Wiens on Youtube of Pakistan, Wonderful place and wonderful food and the nicest people. Hopefully will get to visit once in this lifetime.

@Oscar One of the best things about Marks video was the interaction with the people, not the overly talkative overly friendly people that i find extremely irritating in touristy places.
Life has everyone occupied, once the remnants of colonialism finally disappear then maybe everyone can just walk across here and there.

WASHINGTON: The United States said Tuesday it has added Pakistan to its blacklist of countries that violate religious freedom, ramping up pressure over its treatment of minorities.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he had designated Pakistan among “countries of particular concern” in a congressionally mandated annual report, a year after the State Department put Pakistan on a watchlist without legal consequences.

“On November 28, 2018, I designated Burma, China, Eritrea, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan, as countries of particular concern under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 for having engaged in or tolerated ”systematic, ongoing, [and] egregious violations of religious freedom,” the US State Department press release on religious freedom designations reads.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1864685/3-us-adds-pakistan-blacklist-religious-freedom-violations/
and? wasnt
Nelson Mandela till very recently a terrorist and on black list?
modi was on black list too

A moment of shame for Imran Khan who says "Who doesn't want to be friends with a super power?" When will we finally realize they are not our friends and will never be our friends? As long as they feel there is something we 'want' from them, they will keep denigrating us. Just recently there have been talks of revisiting coalition support. And immediately they show us our place.

Support ksa for murders and imprisonment but blacklist Pakistan despite the fact that Asia bibi was freed and declared innocent.

One malala contact BBC and they make a fuss about it, yet not a single f was given when thousands of Kashmiri kids were shot dead or made blind .. India is hindu nation , not a threat to world powers but Muslims and Islam are .. Islam is only ideology that can unite the entire world and that's what they fear.
Fuss over malala is still a plus for this country. How do people not get it? That helped throw terrorists out of OUR OWN HOMELAND.

Instead of throwing malala under the bus each time for standing up to terrorists who closed girls schools each let's just address their deafness towards kashmiri's pleas.

The problem is that Trump administration has very little credibility around the world. If Obama administration did this, it would hold a lot more weight. Trump administration is known to do these kinds of antics purely for politics and to exert pressure on states it has problems with. Not saying previous administration did not do these kinds of things to exert pressure, but they did it a lot more selectively, and it held more weight. I doubt this move will be given much notice outside of Bharat.

WASHINGTON: The United States said Tuesday it has added Pakistan to its blacklist of countries that violate religious freedom, ramping up pressure over its treatment of minorities.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he had designated Pakistan among “countries of particular concern” in a congressionally mandated annual report, a year after the State Department put Pakistan on a watchlist without legal consequences.

“On November 28, 2018, I designated Burma, China, Eritrea, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan, as countries of particular concern under the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 for having engaged in or tolerated ”systematic, ongoing, [and] egregious violations of religious freedom,” the US State Department press release on religious freedom designations reads.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1864685/3-us-adds-pakistan-blacklist-religious-freedom-violations/

This is because we banned ISIS, TTP, BLA,etc from Pakistan.

Racist fascist ideologies promoted by US are not able to penetrate Pakistan society.

no one looks at US lists anymore, when you have every name on every list and you maintain a list from moon walkers down to ball scratchers then those lists become totally useless.

Life has everyone occupied, once the remnants of colonialism finally disappear then maybe everyone can just walk across here and there.

Some habits die hard. Americans are finding out the very hard way.

no one looks at US lists anymore, when you have every name on every list and you maintain a list from moon walkers down to ball scratchers then those lists become totally useless.

How about American sanctions? LOL These lists have become a similar joke. All the ball scratchers and boot lickers get exemptions. Very effective I must add.

Back
Top Bottom