What's new

Urdu was never a language of Pakistan !

Your assessment is not entirely true. Farsi/Urdu was spoken by elite and educated Muslim class in Bengal since the time of Bengal Muslims sultanate as a formal language. Broken bangla used to be spoken but it was not truly recognized until formation of Bangladesh in 71. Urdu still practice and thought in religious institutions in Bd.

In my opinion, Urdu was proper language for United pakistan for 2 reasons.

1-It was understood by the majority people compare to other regional language.
2-Vast amout of works on Islamic matters.

@Nilgiri

Urdu is a poetic language. In my opinion, Bd lost out here. No one said Bangla and Urdu could not coexist.

Most Pakistani bi/tri langustic.
These makes them more agile than Bdian.

Mr. Zakir,

Proof is in the pudding---. I have been proven right---Bangaldesh wanted bengali---.

Those B'dian are progressing faster than the tri lingual pakistanis.

Your assessment is not entirely true. Farsi/Urdu was spoken by elite and educated Muslim class in Bengal since the time of Bengal Muslims sultanate as a formal language. Broken bangla used to be spoken but it was not truly recognized until formation of Bangladesh in 71. Urdu still practice and thought in religious institutions in Bd.

@Nilgiri

Urdu is a poetic language. In my opinion, Bd lost out here. No one said Bangla and Urdu could not coexist.

Right, its why Hindi is very spoken/understood among BD people (at least ones I have acquainted with)...because of this Urdu presence among the Bengali muslim elite a long time.

Like yes there is natural inclination to speak Bengali (esp among compatriots)....and one of my best friends always has told me...he hates it when snobby sort of Indians assume he will talk Hindi to them etc...

But it is clear to see (in hindsight how its turned out in BD anyway) Urdu easily could have been national language of East Pakistan as well....from the standpoint of existing presence and push towards a bilingual format for nationhood (i.e Urdu as national, local language for own use)....well trilingual when incl. English (for say main foreign capability where appropriate) I suppose.

So the issue with making it such a foundational problem, with ability to rupture a political union.... clearly stems from elsewhere.

Those B'dian are progressing faster than the tri lingual pakistanis.

Not really. But it makes for a good underdog wins narrative....so you can imagine why its gets lot of political patronage.

If you dig enough (or not even that much tbh)....you will see there is flimsy stuff somewhat vainly holding it up.

Who are you to choose the national language of pakistan......What do you think u r the PM...of Pakistan..
Well as a citizen I have the right to express my opinion or Pakistan is that intolerant that you are not even allowed to express opinion?????

@Nilgiri

Your assessment is not entirely true either. Bangla was widely spoken in Bengal since the Bengal sultanate period. Poets like Abdul Hakim, Shah Muhammad Sagir and Alaol were patronised by Bengal sultanate. And they wrote in Bangla not Urdu.

It is true that there has always been some Urdu speaking people, And spoken Urdu is understood specially for the rich urban people. But Bengali is and has been there before Urdu.

Besied being bi/Tri lingual is nothing special. People who have English as the native language don't have to learn any other language. Learning Bangla and English is enough for us. Any more would put pressure where the effort can be directed in learning more fruitful things.

Your assessment is not entirely true either. Bangla was widely spoken in Bengal since the Bengal sultanate period. Poets like Abdul Hakim, Shah Muhammad Sagir and Alaol were patronised by Bengal sultanate. And they wrote in Bangla not Urdu.

It is true that there has always been some Urdu speaking people, And spoken Urdu is understood specially for the rich urban people. But Bengali is and has been there before Urdu.

Besied being bi/Tri lingual is nothing special. People who have English as the native language don't have to learn any other language. Learning Bangla and English is enough for us. Any more would put pressure where the effort can be directed in learning more fruitful things.

Is there such a thing as entirely true assessment anyway?

Is there such a thing as entirely true assessment anyway?
Perhaps not....but his dislike for Bangla(calling it Hindu language) and love for Urdu(to the point of calling it an Islamic language) is well known here. Compared to his usual posts this one was well reasoned and somewhat to the point.
progressing in what? delusions? you must spend a few weeks of your next vacation touring BD (unguided) to shatter this image you have of the country
Just check industrial output of BD and Pakistan. And share the results. Last I checked data is available up to 2016.
Hi,

All well off mandrin speakers teach their children ENGLISH---.
But English speaking skill of native Mandarin speakers are very...meh. That does not hold China or let's say Japan back though.

Just check industrial output of BD and Pakistan. And share the results. Last I checked data is available up to 2016.
**** that! just go there (unchaperoned) to see that it's like a big stinky open sewer like 1970s pindi, mirpur, dina, jehlum, kotli bhimber, parts of lahore, karachi etc. of Pakistan, every second person you come across is either a beggar or a con-artist

**** that! just go there (unchaperoned) to see that it's like a big stinky open sewer like 1970s pindi, mirpur, dina, jehlum, kotli bhimber, parts of lahore, karachi etc. of Pakistan, every second person you come across is either a beggar or a con-artist
Well Pakistan is a universal power. Comparing it with BD is not right. That's why we left because we could not keep up with you guys, you were so advanced. Now you guys are conquering the universe and progressing to Andromeda galaxy. So it's natural that 1970's undeveloped Pakistani cities are 1000 years ahead of BD's best cities today. And Pakistanis are so super rich that BD people is like beggar to them....last I checked Pakistani pm is begging money to give it to countries like BD...ne @Nilgiri?
We wuz arabz

In India quran is in Urdu...........
I am afraid that's not possible.

Last edited:
Well Pakistan is a universal power. Comparing it with BD is not right. That's why we left because we could not keep up with you guys, you were so advanced. Now you guys are conquering the universe and progressing to Andromeda galaxy. So it's natural that 1970's undeveloped Pakistani cities are 1000 years ahead of BD's best cities today. And Pakistanis are so super rich that BD people is like beggar to them....last I checked Pakistani pm is begging money to give it to countries like BD...ne @Nilgiri?
We wuz arabz
Tag him all you want, link posted below was provided by Br. Nilgiri
https://www.ilo.org/ilostat/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pagehierarchy/Page3.jspx?MBI_ID=49&_afrLoop=455853564397354&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=15760ehnpc_1#!@@?_afrWindowId=15760ehnpc_1&_afrLoop=455853564397354&MBI_ID=49&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=15760ehnpc_57

Labour productivity -- ILO modelled estimates, May 2018

Output per worker
.BD 2845-9105 (despite being an Indian satellite thus having no defense needs)
PAK 3574-14694 (despite being in a constant state of war since 1979)
IND 5254-17097
.UK 85467-80013

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom