What's new

Urdu belongs to India, not Pakistan : Javed Akhtar

So what even if it is from Pakistan Egypt or outer space? It is a nice language with some beautiful poetry, lot of people use it, like it.

Why do even such good things become controversial
Very well said. Common sense but often eludes those we think have a brain like this javed shahib

Name "India" belongs to Pakistan not Hindustan/Bharat. Let's exchange.

Indian muslims and their urge to prove holier than the pope.

Neither India or Pakistan can claim monopoly over a language. But trust the Indians to stoop down to this level to create a news out of it.

In a way maybe it is true. Look at Pakistan, if i watch the news - it is jumbled up english; then the other side hinglish galore with Pakistan's inferior complex is try to copy.

Here we have idarah za kiswahili that keeps luagaa safi - clean language - every year new words are added. Swahili is the national language and promoted as the only language of official business unless you are dealing with external parties. Do you have the same in Pakistan?

I'm having serious deja vu at this. As if this same thread, with the same responses, from the same posters has been seen before. It probably really has been, considering how repetitive this whole thing is.

Yeah, Urdu is the language of Indian Muslims, and for any person, left or right, secular or religious, Hindu or Muslim, Urdu has the same connotations as whatever connotations "Indian Muslim" has, even if they say that it's not a language of a religion. Nobody hates Urdu because it is a "Pakistani" language, that would be as if Hindu nationalists disliked Islam because it's the "Pakistani religion". It's the other way around. I doubt anyone seriously believes. Not even the Pakistanis themselves, and not even Hindu nationalists.

Technically, he’s not wrong. Reading the comments by Indians on this thread and on others, I’m going to write a piece on their national psyche. I think it’s time we have an important discussion/put a spotlight on it.
What a waste of time!!! What you get from it?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom