What's new

Upward Mobility in Pakistan on 66th Independence Day

We were both under British India, and despite the fact that that Pakistan had much fewer resources then India at independence, it is still a good starting point.

Its India's fault Pakistan couldn't mine its rich resources, coal, gold, natural gas and what not.....especially in Baluchistan...:lol:

Don't cry that you got nothing, its your fault you didn't utilize them.....stop making excuses....admit the mistakes....

Well said. Thanks.

However I urge Indians and Pakistanis to enjoy their independence day and congratulate the other side.

This is no time to be bitter.

OP should have written stuff purely in reference to Pakistan. However we should not attack him willy nilly.

Just go ahead and challenge his stats and figures.

Why delve into communal cr@p? Why?

What were the sizes of middle-class populations of both Pakistan and India in 1990?

What were the sizes of middle-class populations of both Pakistan and India in 1990?

Here's an ADB table you can use to calculate it:

Asian+Middle+Class+Income.jpg

well this is 2005 data... RiazHaq you need to wake-up - now it's 2012!!!

This data was published by ADB in 2010.

If you have more recent comparable data from a credible source, please do share it!

This data was published by ADB in 2010.

If you have more recent comparable data from a credible source, please do share it!

There is no point in discussing or considering a data collected in 2005, because world is changing fast and in 7 years lot have been changed...

Also in the below link one can read an article about middle class projection from year 2005 to 2025...

Helping U.S. Businesses Find Global Customers

Middle-Class-ChartsTwo.jpg

There is no point in discussing or considering a data collected in 2005, because world is changing fast and in 7 years lot have been changed...

Also in the below link one can read an article about middle class projection from year 2005 to 2025...

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like 2025 projects show, Pakistan will have 10% of its population as middle class
India will have 12%

But China will be 27% middle class.

This is a shame for both us and Indians.

We need to resolve our disputes and move on with progress.

Pakistan must finalize the border on Kashmir (some give and take) but pretty much along the LOC.

Pakistan also need to finalize border with Afghanistan.

These two issues have crippled Pakistan's psyche and hampered our progress and to some degree Indian progress.

peace

What an half-baked article by Riaz Haq, Pakistan fare far worse in education sector compared to India.

Here are the problems with this data:

1. If you go by this table, it suggests that the middle class in India and Pakistan is a lot smaller than reported in the ADB report, and it's going to remain small in the future.

2. It's an individual's opinion published in a magazine, not comparable to an institution like ADB which has a large research dept.

What an half-baked article by Riaz Haq, Pakistan fare far worse in education sector compared to India.

Since you are challenging data and report done by Harvard University researchers Robert Barro and Jhong-Wa Lee, please tell us what evidence you have to back up your opinion?

Here's the data from Barro & Lee:

Barro-Lee-Ind-Pak.jpg

A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010

I challenged no-one's data but pointed out your false claim of faring better than India. I already gave you most authentic information from World Bank few days ago.

Barro & Lee data is used by most international agencies, including UNDP and World Bank....and that's what I have used in my posts.

First of all congrats on ur so-called better performance against India..66 yrs but still i see obsession with India has not faded..May be u should start with upward mobility in that sector

the trust deficit after 1971 cant be faded for a long time

If Indians want to bash Pakistan, the last they do is bring Zaid Hamid in. Even if he does not fit anywhere, they drop him in. How stupid and childish.
Really? :woot: Do you even see the discussions on your TV programs? This clown is invited for his 'expert comments' as a 'defence analyst' on 90% of your programs!! He's not only the darling but the Clausewitz and Liddell Hart of Pakistan's media! :azn:

And he's even been conferred a doctorate!! Jeeez! :blink:

And needless to say, he's been lapped up for his comments by the gullible in their thousands! They even clap and shout, 'yaay' whenever he says that the Pakistani flag will soon be unfurled on the Red Fort at Delhi - Ghazwa-e-Hind, an event supposed to take place on August 14, 2012 at 4:40am in India.

Damn! It's already past noon.........:undecided: .....I guess there's nothing to see here!
sad-007.gif
I'm heading for the bar for some chilled beer instead!

Happy Independence Day!
happy-047.gif

Cheers!

Well Pakistani posters must NEVER, EVER compare their country with India. Its a joke to compare Pakistan with India. Pakistan is a new country created on an ideology and it must carve its own path out. India was its past. Its future lies in comparing with better countries, not India for God's sake!

"Contrary to the incessant talk of doom and gloom, the fact is that the level of educational attainment has been rising in recent decades. In fact, Pakistan has been increasing enrollment of students in schools at a faster rate since 1990 than India, according to data compiled and reported by Harvard University researchers Robert Barro and Jhong-Wa Lee . In 1990, there were 66.2% of Pakistanis vs 51.6% of Indians in 15+ age group who had had no schooling. In 2000, there were 60.2% Pakistanis vs 43% Indians with no schooling. In 2010, Pakistan reduced it to 38% vs India's 32.7%."

Linked below are the graphs of this "no schooling" Barro-Lee data for "all thirteen age groups" in India, Bangladesh & Pakistan in 1990, 2000, 2010.

As you can see, the graphs for India and Bangladesh approximately show the typical (expected) divergence at younger age groups & typical convergence for older age groups.

The 2010 graph for Pakistan, however, is a physical impossibility. It seems to have just moved down in one-piece. This cannot happen, except by some miraculous intervention such as the arrival of the Mahdi.

I will leave you to reflect on the quality of the data which form the foundation upon which you are building your comparative theories.

ScreenHunter_02+Aug.+22+16.14.jpg

Our government needs to work harder, with rising competence and efficiency. Just fudging the numbers is not going to help. No amount of wishful cyber acrobatics can change the reality on the ground.

First of all congrats on ur so-called better performance against India..66 yrs but still i see obsession with India has not faded..May be u should start with upward mobility in that sector

And u forgot to add one thing... we are 1.2 billion population vs 180 million of urs...No country in the world can even compare itself to India with respect to problems and issues India has faced and faces daily(China is not so diverse as India). May be u should compare urself with countries of your size...even when u compare as seen above , we have fared better than Pakistan in most sectors.

May be u can stop selective analysis of data for once and give the real data like economy growth, Business development in the last two decades.

So considering these facts..one thing is very clear..u have failed miserably in the last 66 yrs.. I did nt really wanted to post this kind of post atleast on this day but u need to be shown a mirror once a while

ummm just a question, what are you doing on "Pakistan" defense forum

This obsession you talking about is other way around my friend. India is not our aim, We left India behind us even in our worst days, we aimed high from the independence and we left India behind in 1950

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom