What's new

UPDATED ! Not Kaveri but NEW Indo-US JET Engine for India:MEA

This may be an out of the box thought, which might have been in those circles who where unhappy with what happened with Snecma.

That tender was definitely for the AMCA engine.

The UCAV engine is the non afterburning version of Kaveri.

No-definitely not.There are several other programs requiring gas turbines.

Lets wait for defence blogs to get a more clearer picture.

For sure its for AMCA...... and may find its way to upgrade program of MK-1 LCAs of the and future ones.

Am not sure what they use for commercial engine . But it's definitely can not be it for 2 reason . 1) it's under Defence deals 2) I will be gutted

C 17 uses the same turbofan as Boeing 757...Its all dual use technologies..

After sucking Israeli tasticals you managed to save some money...now they want their money back. PIA started making some Boeing parts about 30 years back..so? So what is it you inclined to.

I dont understand the context .
We are still associating with a lot of countries including Israel .

Its good to hear PIA making Boeing parts , just like that we are also going to jointly develop an engine as our capability doesnt allow us to develop a great engine on a timely period.

Please do quote me if you still get it.

RIP kaveri jee
RAM NAAM SATIYEE HAI

It was gone sometime back but with this project India developed invaluable know how, skilled manpower and R&D facilities. Hope next engine development adds to the already existing knowledge in Kaveri development.

+1 to that!
But.... oh wait....till Big Brother Mao gets that right first, no? :D .......and then some....... :lol:

Q: When India blasted atomic bomb in 1998, Why did Pakistan take 15 days to respond with atomic bomb test?
A: The manual was in Chinese, it took 15 days to translate :)

Q: When India sent mission to Mars in 2014, Why did Pakistan not send its own mission to Mars in 15 days ?
A: The Chinese themselves do not know how to send a mission to Mars :P

Last I heard they were gonna use it to power UCAV AURA

That was old news before Kaveri was cancelled.

And before Kaveri was cancelled it was decided that AMCA will also have imported engine.

sorry , my mistake. k9/K10 are deignations for Kavery only ..

But I read somewhere that few Kavery engine derivatives are still being pursued .

Kaveri in its original form and purpose has been discontinued BUT Kaveri derivatives and spin-offs are being worked on a nd is still a "work in progress". Don't bother too much about some "stories being peddled" here.

Back
Top Bottom