What's new

UPDATED ! Breaking !!! PM cracks the wipe : Top bureaucrat ! Home Secretary in trouble ! SACKED ?

This is not the first time Mr. home secetary is in trouble because of his misuse of power.
confirm news: From Hindu Newspaper
Home Secretary Anil Goswami sacked

Updated: February 4, 2015 21:21 IST
Home Secretary Anil Goswami sacked
How To Open A Cbse School - Follow The Steps & Join Hands With Shemford School Franchise shemford.com/Open-a-cbse-school
Ads by Google
pti
Comment · print · T T

inShare

THSHK_PTI6_30_2013_1510880e.jpg

PTI
Anil Goswami
TOPICS
politics
government

Home Secretary Anil Goswami was on Wednesday night removed from the post in the wake of controversy over his alleged attempt to stall the arrest of Saradha scam accused Matang Sinh, a former Congress minister at the Centre.

“Home Secretary has been removed,” official sources said on a day of hectic activities following media reports that Mr. Goswami, a UPA goverment appointee, had tried to prevent CBI officers from carrying out Mr. Sinh’s arrest on Saturday.

He is the first Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer to be appointed to the top post in North Block.

Home Secretary Anil Goswami sacked for interfering in CBI functioning
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami. (Photo: PTI/File)
New Delhi: India’s Home Secretary Anil Goswami was sacked on Wednesday after a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office for interfering in CBI functioning in the Saradha scam.

According to sources, Goswami had called CBI to stall the arrest of Congress leader and former union minister Matang Sinh.

Reports indicated that Goswami had ‘tried to influence’ the CBI from acting against Sinh in the chit fund scam.

Anil Goswami is due to retire in July this year after a two-year tenure.
Sinh was arrested in connection with the Saradha scam by CBI and remanded to 13 days judicial custody on February 01.

B9Aree1IYAE4bTU.jpg:large

Home Secretary Anil Goswami leaves from MHA. (Photo: ANI Twitter)

Sinh, who was arrested by Special Investigation Team of CBI, was charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating and misappropriation of funds related to Saradha Realty, one of the companies of the group which is being probed by the agency.

He is the first former Union minister to be arrested by the agency in connection with the case.
@jbgt90

Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami. (Photo: PTI/File)
New Delhi: India’s Home Secretary Anil Goswami was sacked on Wednesday after a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office for interfering in CBI functioning in the Saradha scam.

According to sources, Goswami had called CBI to stall the arrest of Congress leader and former union minister Matang Sinh.

Reports indicated that Goswami had ‘tried to influence’ the CBI from acting against Sinh in the chit fund scam.

Anil Goswami is due to retire in July this year after a two-year tenure.
Sinh was arrested in connection with the Saradha scam by CBI and remanded to 13 days judicial custody on February 01.

B9Aree1IYAE4bTU.jpg:large

Home Secretary Anil Goswami leaves from MHA. (Photo: ANI Twitter)

Sinh, who was arrested by Special Investigation Team of CBI, was charged with criminal conspiracy, cheating and misappropriation of funds related to Saradha Realty, one of the companies of the group which is being probed by the agency.

He is the first former Union minister to be arrested by the agency in connection with the case.
@jbgt90
I stand corrected:)
still wondering how they did it with the moral code of conduct in place

Moral Code of Conduct is applicable to those actions which have a bearing on the
on going election process

This action was linked to the Sharada scam of West Bengal
which he tried to influence

:offtopic: @jbgt90
By the way are you still involved in active politics with the YSRCP in Hyderabad, Sir??

If you are, could you please tell me what you think is the future for all the political parties in Telangana(YSRCP. Congress ,BJP, TDP & TRS) & AP(TDP, YSCRP, Congress & BJP)as of now?

Last edited:
The Home secretary did what can be called a career destroying move

And Modi has sent a strong message throughout the IAS fraternity that
nobody dare to mess with the rule of law

Home secretaries are the third most powerful bureaucrat AFTER

1) The Principal secretary to the Prime Minister
2 ) The Cabinet Secretary

This will send shock waves through the IAS fraternity

Yeah, now will Modiji sack Nitin Gadkareji too?

What did Gadkari do ?

And you got the same info from AAP website only and not some other source.

Yes I did. The same way India govt. got information about Terrorist attack details of 9/11 attack based on the Satellite phone they left on the boat.

Thats transparency, and over that do they need to check the financial returns of each and every donations that comes through proper channel.

1. No its NOT. They are REQUIRED BY LAW to seek the audited returns of the company making the payment. Clearly AAP did not follow the law here. They are guilty of CRIMINAL misconduct.

2. The listed Shell companies are fronts to CONVERT BLACK MONEY INTO WHITE. This has been established already. This actually means AAP has collected Black Money and has used this Shell company to convert that into White. :lol:

3. What if that Black Money was paid as BRIBE to AAP for Past favours or Favours in the future ?

Where is the Transparency ?

A cheque is a perfectly legitimate instrument, where transactions can be tracked at every point, its the fault of donating companies if they are not filing proper returns.

NO IT IS NOT. It has already been proven that these were Shell companies that converted Black Money into White for AAP and Arvind Kejriwal to fuel his dream of becoming CM.

Who was this Black Money from ? From Ambani ?

Unlike,all other parties who will draw out wads of cash receipts of up to Rs 20,000.00 just to receive anonymous payments.

The LAW and the Constitution of India, i.e. Section 29C of the Representation of the People Act, require Political parties to submit details of donations only ABOVE Rs. 20,000/- . The ONLY thing BJP is guilty of is Following the Law :lol; ........ I know that is a problem for Naxals and Anarchist but thankfully we are still a nation that believes in the Law. :coffee:

Thats why FM is scared to order an inquiry in to this matter bcoz they are completely aware of antecedents of those companies and even AVAM. Its just a smear campaign and last straw in BJP's defeat in New Delhi.

LOL. Has the FM issued a statement that he will BLOCK any enquiry into this matter ? :cheesy: ... what is the SOURCE of your allegation ?

It sounds more like a Smear campaign on BJP and the FM. That much is obvious.

Ulta Chor Kotwal ko daate.

Nirmala Seetharaman saying that they "secretly" received payment in the middle of the night. How stupid can she be? All cheques when put through clearance are usually cleared during the nights so that funds are available during the next working hours and thats done by the clearing house and not the recipient of funds.

How Foolish. Cheque clerance ALWAYS takes place during WORKING HOURS. Check RBI guidelines regarding this :lol:

There are No "clearing houses" in India, all clearance is done by RBI :P

A payment through a cheque is never "secret" its always monitored by the banks and subsequently by RBI. Banks/RBI can always raise a red flag whenever there is some fishy transactions. In this case neither raised that red flag.

The Check payment is monitored, but the source of the BLACK MONEY is not monitored by the Banks or RBI.

No red flag was raised because the Banks has done NO fishy transactions. ALL fishy Transactions were done by AAP and those Shell Companies :lol: ........ are you this stupid ?

There were four cheques received during different times and from different entities, with a legal PAN and legal ROC certificates. AAP doesn't qualify to audit their financial returns

What is ROC ? Report of compliance of KYC ? ............ that is a bank requisite, not AAP requisite.

AAP is not required to Audit companies financial returns, Indian Law requires ALL companies in India to audit their returns

AAP is required to seek copies of that audited returns while taking political contribution.

I think such foolish explanations by you might be suitable for Auto rickshaw driers and slum dwellers, but you speak to any one educated they will laugh at you for such replies.

Moral Code of Conduct is applicable to those actions which have a bearing on the
on going election process

This action was linked to the Sharada scam of West Bengal
which he tried to influence
As home secretary he was in charge of law and order during the election.

:offtopic: @jbgt90
By the way are you still involved in active politics with the YSRCP in Hyderabad, Sir??

If you are, could you please tell me what you think is the future for all the political parties in Telangana(YSRCP. Congress ,BJP, TDP & TRS) & AP(TDP, YSCRP, Congress & BJP)as of now?
Well YSRCP has nothing to do as of now except sit in opposition. two may be three yrs from now they can start agitation to prepare for elections which will be after a couple more yrs.
I doubt they will get a good showing in the next election, Jagan may merge back with the congress at a later stage .

As for the TRS i do not see them going past these five yrs they have. i feel the BJP will gain in telengana.

Congress is decimated here but they will rebuild , i have a feeling kiran kumar reddy will come backto congress, but not for another few yrs.

As home secretary he was in charge of law and order during the election.

Well YSRCP has nothing to do as of now except sit in opposition. two may be three yrs from now they can start agitation to prepare for elections which will be after a couple more yrs.
I doubt they will get a good showing in the next election, Jagan may merge back with the congress at a later stage .

As for the TRS i do not see them going past these five yrs they have. i feel the BJP will gain in telengana.

Congress is decimated here but they will rebuild , i have a feeling kiran kumar reddy will come backto congress, but not for another few yrs.
Thank you for letting me know your views ,Sir :) ..

And could you tell me whether there is any future for TDP in TG? & for BJP in AP?

And regarding KKR joining congress.. weren't there rumours concerning him joining the BJP..

Back
Top Bottom