What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Manu Antara is mentioned in the vayu puran, Bhagawata puranam and Linga puranam. The time denominations can be computed from the surya sidhantha which is a book on astrology. I recall you telling me that your grand father was a jotish ? ..or was it someone else ?

Adwityagrata would mean master of the vedas or Master of the Advaita philosophy or non duality philosophy :D

My grandpa taught me Sanskrit, but he wasn't an astrologer. His younger brother though, is one.

And which sandhi is this mate? I thought the name would be Advaita+ gratah = Advaitagrata(h), not adwityagrata....(I used to think there was a spelling mistake and the real name was adwitiyagrata.)

My grandpa taught me Sanskrit, but he wasn't an astrologer. His younger brother though, is one.

And which sandhi is this mate? I thought the name would be Advaita+ gratah = Advaitagrata(h), not adwityagrata....(I used to think there was a spelling mistake and the real name was adwitiyagrata.)

My best guess is that the person was in a hurry and just came up with the name since he was banned in the middle of a philosophical discussion :D

Indischer is your house near the dam on Sharavati river? That part of the country is so beautiful. We went to this Shiva temple on a mountain there, it is right next to a waterfall. One of the most beautiful places I had ever visited. All of us in the group were of the opinion that the scenery was right off some screen saver scene. We were the only people there. The pujari was way down the hill working in his field when he saw us and pointed us towards the temple. After sometime, he came up and did a puja and abhishek for us.

Sorry, I only respect sensible opinions backed by facts and sound logic that pass Reasoning...... and in a world full of sheeps, its always the Lion who gets to be king...............in other (secular) words "the meek do not really inherit the earth"

:wave:

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

My best guess is that the person was in a hurry and just came up with the name since he was banned in the middle of a philosophical discussion :D
:lol: He got banned? For what?

Indischer is your house near the dam on Sharavati river? That part of the country is so beautiful. We went to this Shiva temple on a mountain there, it is right next to a waterfall. One of the most beautiful places I had ever visited. All of us in the group were of the opinion that the scenery was right off some screen saver scene. We were the only people there. The pujari was way down the hill working in his field when he saw us and pointed us towards the temple. After sometime, he came up and did a puja and abhishek for us.

It's farther and into the forests from the backwaters of the dam. About 50-60 kms by road, but if one were to trek into the forests, it's about 20kms north of the backwaters. Have you been to the Jog just after the rainy season? It's a sight to behold!

thead is about india being biggest beef exporter...so you people cant differentiate a pig from a cow?! :unsure:
hehehe...
yes....we were just expanding our export potential.....we are ready to sell pork too.....and china will be our biggest importer...:partay::partay:

:lol: He got banned? For what?

It's farther and into the forests from the backwaters of the dam. About 50-60 kms by road, but if one were to trek into the forests, it's about 20kms north of the backwaters. Have you been to the Jog just after the rainy season? It's a sight to behold!

I think I have been in that area. We were in Shimoga for a few days and traveled up and down the place to a lot of scenic spots. I have been to Jog, but not after monsoon. It was rather disappointing when we went, that Raja Rani were hardly meeting to be called such.:lol: Too much of crowd there too. But overall Shimoga is mesmerizing. We also went to one beach there, I am bad at remembering names, the whole of stunning beach all to ourselves.

I think I have been in that area. We were in Shimoga for a few days and traveled up and down the place to a lot of scenic spots. I have been to Jog, but not after monsoon. It was rather disappointing when we went, that Raja Rani were hardly meeting to be called such.:lol: Too much of crowd there too. But overall Shimoga is mesmerizing. We also went to one beach there, I am bad at remembering names, the whole of stunning beach all to ourselves.

The last time I was there, i wanted to trek from Jog Falls to Unchalli Falls(another superb waterfall) but was advised against it as I was told there would be a lot of snakes in the forests during spring-time.:( Our village lies kinda in between and equidistant from Jog and Unchalli falls.
Did I forget to mention that my maternal grandparents live next to the beach, and a similar one to what you mentioned?:D

Milawat?! :unsure:
milawat kaise.....
beef is from cow.....and pork is from pig.....

we are the largest exporter of beef.....who knows the beef kept in ur fridge is of indian cow....:D:D

Back
Top Bottom