What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Yap! Dharma itself is reforming and changing with time. We have already discussed texts from Rig Veda where beef was not a taboo, and then it became a taboo in Atharva Veda. Many so called :"Dharmik" practices of Hinduism have been abolished in last 100 years, of course it is changing & reforming with time, and it will continue to do so.

When the Earth loses its gravitation pull and you find yourself a floating debris in the never ending space, consider Dharma "changed and reformed." Until then please dont quote me anymore.

its not like that....
I don't eat non veg......neither chicken, nor mutton......

I respect your choice of being a vegetarian, differences of opinion occur when someone dictates that "I am a vegetarian (or not a beef eater), so make a law and ban it for all".

And are you sure you don't eat non-veg, I thought you are quite non-veg!! :D

But they do eat, isn't? So why this hypocrisy? Doesn't your religion preach about the presence of consciousness among all life forms? What justifies your point on the consciousness of a Cow is greater than that of a pig or goat?

Mahishasur, don't forget to 'vadh' a 'gau mata' and devour on it's juicy meat. That is your task for today.

Regards
Lucifer
We are Hindus. We are like this. Hate us. Please :D

Btw, I am total veggie. Like a Cow. :haha:

I respect your choice of being a vegetarian, differences of opinion occur when someone dictates that "I am a vegetarian (or not a beef eater), so make a law and ban it for all".

And are you sure you don't eat non-veg, I thought you are quite non-veg!! :D
what make t think so.....:D:D
the only thing I enjoy from animal is Milk and milk products......or a few times eggs in cake....nothing more......:partay:

You do have some comprehension troubles. I never said I discard the scriptures. What I said was it is not the absolute in Hinduism. It is your fantasy and imagination which made the scriptures next to book of genesis.

LOL....I have understood what you have said and I have given appropriate reply. Only you do not seem to understand the reply, so let me repeat myself.

Unless you have gained moksha or any other means of diving inspiration, the ONLY other source of spiritual learning is the scriptures. :lol: ...what else is the final arbitration in Hinduism ? :cheesy:

You can discard the primacy of the Vedas ONLY when you can replace it with the primacy of personal experience. Now unless you are going to reveal to us how you became one with the supreme consciousness, I is clear as day you are replacing the primacy of the vedas by your fantasy and imagination. :P If you still do no understand this after me repeating it two times, I doubt you will get it. Maybe you are deliberately being thick.

Like that pathetic dray, you too are dragging in christianity and trying to package it as Hinduism :P ....let us leave 'genesis' out of it. I know as a 'secular' you have difficulties in sticking to pure Hinduism but do try.

And yes, What I have quoted in bold is directly from the teaching of Ramakrishna Pramahansa :lol:

Again comprehension issues. Amply clear that either did not read my earlier posts or do not understand at all what i am saying.
It is just not that.Visit their websites if you get time.

LOL. How convenient, why not just point to wikipedia. :P Why don't you explain to all of us how Ramakrishna mission understanding is any different from mine ?

Went over my head.

So it seems.

Trust me by this line you just described your own attitude,not mine. And I came to this forum on my own and when I decide to leave it, I will log out.

LOL....feel free. Also expect your claims to be challenged.

And try not to be such a sore loser by calling people names and comparing them to mullas and what not :lol: ...... don't introduce Godwin law's here or its Indian version. You know, you have lost the moment you depend on such measures. :D

Look at you, now you are even dictating others to leave the forum, what you are, eh, a Full Member, or is it a double 'O'? :)

I have no issues with your idea of religion, or anything else, as long as you don't want all others to follow that. You see, I am okay with the statement "I don't eat beef", or "Beef eating is bad", but I will raise serious objection when you say "Ban it in India", because India doesn't belong to you only.

LOL.....I was dictating others to leave this forum ? :cheesy: where ?

I really don't care if you have an issue with me or my idea of religion. Truly. Stop loosing sleep over it.

Last edited:
LOL....I have understood what you have said and I have given appropriate reply. Only you do not seem to understand the reply, so let me repeat myself.

Unless you have gained moksha or any other means of diving inspiration, the ONLY other source of spiritual learning is the scriptures. :lol: ...what else is the final arbitration in Hinduism ? :cheesy:

You can discard the primacy of the Vedas ONLY when you can replace it with the primacy of personal experience. Now unless you are going to reveal to us how you became one with the supreme consciousness, I is clear as day you are replacing the primacy of the vedas by your fantasy and imagination. :P If you still do no understand this after me repeating it two times, I doubt you will get it. Maybe you are deliberately being thick.

Like that pathetic dray, you too are dragging in christianity and trying to package it as Hinduism :P ....let us leave 'genesis' out of it. I know as a 'secular' you have difficulties in sticking to pure Hinduism but do try.

And yes, What I have quoted in bold is directly from the teaching of Ramakrishna Pramahansa :lol:

LOL. How convenient, why not just point to wikipedia. :P Why don't you explain to all of us how Ramakrishna mission understanding is any different from mine ?

So it seems.

LOL....feel free. Also expect your claims to be challenged.

And try not to be such a sore loser by calling people names and comparing them to mullas and what not :lol: ...... don't introduce Goodwin law's here or its Indian version. You know, you have lost the moment you depend on such measures. :D
You are debating with the wrong people here. @scorpionx or @DRAY are NOT pro-beef.

Nor do they say that beef eating is superior.

There are plenty of ways to prevent beef circulation within legal means. You are free to file a case and try to do that. But otherwise you can join me in Go Veg drives :D

I have gone over this conversation with you with regards to sanctity of all life forms and I don't think I can be bothered to explain to you over again the whole concept. Your understanding of Dharma is as flawed as your reasoning on practical everything you have debated here.

Dharma is as changeable as the cosmic laws of universe.

That is about 40% of Indians who do not eat any kind of meat or fish. Add 5% vegan and vegetarian population in Western countries.

One's Dharma changes only during each Yuga, else it is immutable. But I guess what you are trying to say is Dharma is NOT changeable. People tend to misunderstand sophistry.

Last edited:
I don't call anyone names unless the other side doesn't resort to it. Your lies were exposed in all the previous pages, what a joker, didn't you notice?

No, I did not notice it, nor did anyone else. Why don't you post my "lies" and expose me again ? ...come one I DARE YOU. :D

Hindu dharma doesn't have a single holy rule book, you have already been shown texts from Rig Vedas.

Strawman. :coffee:

No, it is your lack of comprehension skills and logical thinking, cow dung has gotten into your head.

LOL......yup. Just the kind of articular logical one has come to expect from you. :enjoy:

If you are that sensitive then you have to learn to live with it, even we might generate some sensibilities towards you eating innocent plants & vegetables.

:woot:

I am not doing it, you are.

:disagree:

All Hindus don't have to follow your version of Dharma, all Hindus don't even need to be Hindus, we don't have any regressive blasphemy law in our country. And there are others who are not Hindus.

All Hindu's don't even need to be Hindus :woot: ........Congratulations. You are now officially a comedian. :partay:

Hinduism is a philosophy, it is never bound by fixed rules & laws & boundaries...........Maybe you can shoot yourself in your head, a nice large hole in your empty skull cavity will allow free airflow around that little peanut sized brain, it might start working then. :)

More of that cold hard logical and factual posts one has come to expect from you :enjoy:....... can I call you vidushak ? :D

Yap! Dharma itself is reforming and changing with time. We have already discussed texts from Rig Veda where beef was not a taboo, and then it became a taboo in Atharva Veda. Many so called :"Dharmik" practices of Hinduism have been abolished in last 100 years by the efforts of some great social reformers, of course it is changing & reforming with time, and it will continue to do so.

AND he is back claiming authority of the vedas :enjoy: ....who translated it for you this time ? Sonia Gandhi ? :cheesy:

You are debating with the wrong people here. @scorpionx or @DRAY are NOT pro-beef.

Nor do they say that beef eating is superior.

There are plenty of ways to prevent beef circulation within legal means. You are free to file a case and try to do that. But otherwise you can join me in Go Veg drives :D

I think the debate changed directions midway.

Currently it is on what constitutes Dharma. That too is an intrinsic part of the debate claiming ban on cow slaughter.

There are varying levels of non veg from fish to eggs to chicken to redmeat and those classifications are real and relevant.

Don't repeat what you've been indoctrinated with, I want the justification for accepting the consciousness of a cow higher than that of other animals. I'm not interested in dharmik approved diet chart.

We are Hindus. We are like this. Hate us. Please :D

Btw, I am total veggie. Like a Cow. :haha:

Don't have answer, don't bother to reply. Simple as that.

Vegetarianism is encouraged but not enforced,thats why many people keep consumption of meat limited.

That dharmic diet chart is a fact of life,ur interest or disinterest in that is irrelevant.

The idea is to cause minimum damage,hence the different levels of conciousness of each and every species.

There is no justification here,meat is tamsik and hence abhorred upon.

whether u like this or not is immaterial,i just answer questions.

No, I did not notice it, nor did anyone else. Why don't you post my "lies" and expose me again ? ...come one I DARE YOU. :D

Strawman. :coffee:

LOL......yup. Just the kind of articular logical one has come to expect from you. :enjoy:

:woot:

:disagree:

In short, garbage.

All Hindu's don't even need to be Hindus :woot: ........Congratulations. You are now officially a comedian. :partay:

Hindus are born as Hindus, but one may not follow it later by the "Book", or may not follow it at all. Read slowly and try to grasp it. :coffee:

More of that cold hard logical and factual posts one has come to expect from you :enjoy:....... can I call you vidushak ? :D

AND he is back claiming authority of the vedas :enjoy: ....who translated it for you this time ? Sonia Gandhi ? :cheesy:

Garbage.

I think the debate changed directions midway.

Currently it is on what constitutes Dharma. That too is an intrinsic part of the debate claiming ban on cow slaughter.

yap! let's stick to the debate:

1. Does beef export makes economic sense? - YES.

2. Does it harm milk production? - NO. Milk producing cows are too costly to slaughter. In fact slaughtering excess bulls ensures more available resources like grass, fodder & water for the milk-giving cows.

3. Are we already doing it profitably? - YES, we are number one in it!! And if we allow slaughter of bulls, then massive illegal smuggling of bulls to Bangladesh will stop and we will be able to earn more by shedding our hypocrisy.

4. Is it Adharma? - NO, at least not for all Indians.

5. We are Hindu majority, so should we ban it? - NO. Democracy doesn't mean running over minority preferences and imposing majority preference in terms of food, culture, etc. on minorities. You may not even be a majority in this case as many Hindus will not support it.

6. Some Muslim countries do such things, so let's teach them a lesson here by banning their favourite beef: - FIRST, we are not a Muslim country, nor there is any pressing need to follow them. SECOND, are you kidding me, that's a stupid & silly way to teach them a lesson.

7. Does only Muslims earn through beef export, or eat it? - NO. Hindus also earn through this business, and many Hindus also eat beef.

8. Finally, India is a federal country where each state has certain rights, including having their own set of laws in state subjects, this is a state subject.

Don't repeat what you've been indoctrinated with, I want the justification for accepting the consciousness of a cow higher than that of other animals. I'm not interested in dharmik approved diet chart.

Don't have answer, don't bother to reply. Simple as that.
Don't repeat with what you have indoctrinated yourself with.
Don't have an answer, don't bother to reply. Simple as that. :pop:

Last edited:
One's Dharma changes only during each Yuga, else it is immutable. But I guess what you are trying to say is Dharma is NOT changeable. People tend to misunderstand sophistry.

?? I was thinking about Rama when he asks the sea to part on his way to Sri Lanka and then the conversation that follows about the Dharma of the Sea. How would the Dharma of the sea change?

Dharma itself remains immutable but per yuga Dharma may incline or decline in the society. That is my understanding.

Last edited:
8. Finally, India is a federal country where each state has certain rights, including having their own set of laws in state subjects, this is a state subject.

When Princely states were integrated in the Indian Union , there were treaties made that there would be no interference in the religions laws of the minorities which most of the people don't want to keep in mind that they are breaking the treaties. States borders were craved out but still those treaties are applied . No state has any right to interfere in the religious laws.

Back
Top Bottom