What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

You must consider the cost of pig rearing (not the price)

hdc_0001_0003_0_img0261.jpg

1. Pig rearing is one sure way to ensure Tapeworm infection in your ecosystem and environment. Pigs droppings have tape worm eggs in them too. It spread to dogs and humans very fast.

2. Pig consumes a LOT of resources but worse produces a LOT of fecal matter too. 500,000 pigs produce 26 million tons a year of fecal matter. That is equivalent to fecal matters by 15 crore humans.

3. Pig fecal matter is highly toxic and cannot be disposed off without treatment.

4. Pigs are highly prone to infection and needs to be constantly drugged and vaccinated. Worse due to genetic similarities been pigs and humans (not a joke), the diseases can jump to humans too producing a new strain.

5. Pig shit contain toxic elements like ammonia, methane, hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, cyanide, phosphorous, nitrates and heavy metals. Worse it nurses more than 100 microbial pathogens that can cause illness in humans, including salmonella, cryptosporidium, streptocolli and girardia. Each gram of hog shit can contain as much as 100 million fecal coliform bacteria.

Now compare all this to cows and their cow dung which has non of the danger and a million positive uses. I can list it all, but most Indians would already know of them.

Actually Manmohan Singh as the finance minister had gotten into an agreement to allow Western European pig fecal matter to be imported to India.

LOL...Nonsense.

Gau Hatya was always Adharma i.e. IMMORAL. BTW "morale" means something totally different :lol:

The BAN on eating Beef was also a moral stance based on traditional Hindu morality clearly defined in the scriptures.

Dharma for Hindus and hence Morality for Hindus were always against eating beef and slaughtering cows.

You are spinning your own tale based on convenience as presenting as "history" when you very well know that it is a work of fiction. This insidious behavior is what destroys your credibility.

Opportunity to make money does not mean you can become immoral .....by that same logic you might even promote prostitution and promiscuity in your family. :coffee:......after all in today's day and age Sunny Leaon is someone you apparently admire.

Economy based on Greed is not expected to be Moral, Thankfully Indian consciences is not completely driven by Capitalistic thought, but also by Dharmic moral guidance.

There are some fundamental differences between your idea of religion with mine. I am an earnest reader of Vedanta.For me Upanishada has its own place of reverence and I know how to apply it to carve my own journey till end.But the problem lies some where else. I find it quite useless to argue with someone over Hinduism for whom scriptures are every thing.For me, scriptures are just paraphernalia of a religion. I see no difference between you and an obstinate catholic for whom the book of genesis had descended from heaven to emancipate the condemned souls of this earth from the tutelage of every evils the post Industrial revolution world produced and Charles Darwin was an agent from hell. Neither I see any difference between you and the Mullah who finds it offensive to his religion if a child roams on street without head scarf. Don't take it as an offensive but this is how you look and this is how you represent yourself to be.

For me, terming scriptures as an absolute is a complete nonsense. Organized religion is a comparatively fresh addition to human history and sacred scriptures are much more fresher to be added to religion if we take the whole history of mankind from the beginning. What does that signify any way? Does that mean humans were sinful or immoral before the introduction of any religious scripture of any form? Does that mean there were no one to dictate the humans to indicate what is right and what is wrong? Yes, there was one. If you are a real student of Hinduism you will understand what I mean this way.

Take one of the oldest written scriptures in human history Rg Veda for example. It has been composed by innumerous poets over thousands of years. Look at the difference between the earliest mandalas and the comparatively newer ones. See how the definition of God has changed it's character with time.Understand how a polytheist society slowly transformed into a moderately monotheist one and how it influenced the great thinkers of the time when Upanishada was being composed. This only signifies that when scriptures itself can modify itself with time why should I believe that scriptures are the only absolute and whatever written in it is the only truth I have to believe?

My principle is if a man is dying in front of me due to hunger and by luck I have a piece of beef meat with me, I have no hesitation in giving it to him. I don't give a flying fcuk what is written in our ancient scriptures. For me, I don't need to be a scholar on Hindu sacred texts to understand my religion. There were enough scholars and debaters on Hinduism like Kumaril Bhatta whose contribution to humanity is negligible or nothing compared to an apparently illiterate like Ramakrishna Paramahansa or Vivekananda.So you can live happily with your egg of superior debating skills and wisdom, let others live with their ideas of their own.

I hope that was a Typo and not a strawman defence.

Yes it was a typo. What amazing is your magnificent debating aptitude could not resist itself from taking a shot of it.You could have ignored like the rest had.

Lastly its IS FUNNY to see a Bangali speaks on the virtues of Capitalism just to promote consumption of beef :lol: ...... who did you vote for ? Mamta or CPI ? :cheesy:

Neither my ethnicity nor my political fascination has anything to do with the present context.Useless and insignificant point to discuss at this moment.

Actually Manmohan Singh as the finance minister had gotten into an agreement to allow Western European pig fecal matter to be imported to India.

Shocking news. I was not aware of this. I hope the new govt. scraps this deal. I will dig some more.

Rajiv Dixit was truly a great man. Its a pity we lost him so young.

Shocking news. I was not aware of this. I hope the new govt. scraps this deal. I will dig some more.

Rajiv Dixit was truly a great man. Its a pity we lost him so young.

That was long time ago. He was cornered by RD and had to apologize to the parliament. But other stuff continued for a long time.

I remember a lot of halaboo around that time, they were ships carrying garbage from US and other radioactive wastes too.

India dumping ground for toxic waste - The Times of India

Environmental dumping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My principle is if a man is dying in front of me due to hunger and by luck I have a piece of beef meat with me, I have no hesitation in giving it to him.

Scorpionx, with all due respect you could have gone to the nearby store and brought him some easy to digest food. Don't think the situation would have been so precarious that you are carrying a piece of beef while the man is going to die in the next few seconds or minutes without your beef. And if he is at that situation where within a few minutes he is going to die, then your beef piece wont be of much help believe me.

I am not a follower of book but I know what Dharma is. It does not matter whether it came from the book or not, but Dharma is what sustains the world. All you are doing is make sob stories and emotional appeals to further adharma.

You remove the concept of sanctity and gratefulness and holy from a society, that society does not have a future. Oh it will dwadle along for sometime, but not long.

Last edited:
There are some fundamental differences between your idea of religion with mine. I am an earnest reader of Vedanta.For me Upanishada has its own place of reverence and I know how to apply it to carve my own journey till end.But the problem lies some where else. I find it quite useless to argue with someone over Hinduism for whom scriptures are every thing.For me, scriptures are just paraphernalia of a religion. I see no difference between you and an obstinate catholic for whom the book of genesis had descended from heaven to emancipate the condemned souls of this earth from the tutelage of every evils the post Industrial revolution world produced and Charles Darwin was an agent from hell. Neither I see any difference between you and the Mullah who finds it offensive to his religion if a child roams on street without head scarf. Don't take it as an offensive but this is how you look and this is how you represent yourself to be.

LOL. Your entire post is discussing me rather than discussing the topic of Hinduism or even gau hatya. It really does not matter to me what your opinion of me is, you are free to demolish any number of strawmen to make yourself feel better.

There is nothing offensive, only amusing and slightly pathetic.

For me, terming scriptures as an absolute is a complete nonsense. Organized religion is a comparatively fresh addition to human history and sacred scriptures are much more fresher to be added to religion if we take the whole history of mankind from the beginning. What does that signify any way? Does that mean humans were sinful or immoral before the introduction of any religious scripture of any form? Does that mean there were no one to dictate the humans to indicate what is right and what is wrong? Yes, there was one. If you are a real student of Hinduism you will understand what I mean this way.

Now unless you have divine inspiration I am not sure what other source of knowledge you can claim apart from the scriptures. The ONLY other point you can make is INTERPRETATION of those scriptures.

But you who claim to be a REAL STUDENT of Hinduism discard the scriptures and proclaim your fantasy and imagination peppered with pragmatism to be the "real Hinduism".

Every body believes he is 'right', even the man who commits a murder. He is convinced he is doing teh right thing. So you see, we really cannot live in a world where people decide their own right or wrong. Else you/we become another AK49, an anarchist. You most certainly and passionately believe you are "right". Worse you are self righteousness in your own mind.

Take one of the oldest written scriptures in human history Rg Veda for example. It has been composed by innumerous poets over thousands of years. Look at the difference between the earliest mandalas and the comparatively newer ones. See how the definition of God has changed it's character with time.Understand how a polytheist society slowly transformed into a moderately monotheist one and how it influenced the great thinkers of the time when Upanishada was being composed. This only signifies that when scriptures itself can modify itself with time why should I believe that scriptures are the only absolute and whatever written in it is the only truth I have to believe?

The nature of the truth around us has not changed, only our understanding has changed. And that is what the ved's reflect. The change you refer to is also a reflection of the distillation of the Hindu philosophy over time. The fundamental nature of the scriptures have not changed. The moral values it espouses does not change. And that is the key identifier.

There are other schools of philosophies in Hinduism including the Nastika school which disregard teh vedas. Only you did not claim understanding of them. You in fact quoted scholarship based on Ramakrishna mission which is based on Astika thought.

Then if you claim the non primacy of the vedas then you are well on your way to establishing your own school of Hindu philosophy :P ....hence my amusement.

My principle is if a man is dying in front of me due to hunger and by luck I have a piece of beef meat with me, I have no hesitation in giving it to him. I don't give a flying fcuk what is written in our ancient scriptures. For me, I don't need to be a scholar on Hindu sacred texts to understand my religion.

Which would have been find it you had shown any understand of the religion you claim to know. Rest is strawman...so I will leave it aside.

There were enough scholars and debaters on Hinduism like Kumaril Bhatta whose contribution to humanity is negligible or nothing compared to an apparently illiterate like Ramakrishna Paramahansa or Vivekananda.

Kind of you to issue certificate to Kumaril Bhatta AND Ramakrishna Pramahansa. Consider the fact that you have also issued me a certificate too, I guess I should be honored.

So you can live happily with your egg of superior debating skills and wisdom, let others live with their ideas of their own.

I love your patronize tone and declaration. We can all see where the "egg of superiority" lies. Your ideas are your own, you do not like others challenging them, you should leave the forum or not participate to prevent your shell from cracking.

Yes it was a typo. What amazing is your magnificent debating aptitude could not resist itself from taking a shot of it.You could have ignored like the rest had.

I would, If I was sure of your intention.

Neither my ethnicity nor my political fascination has anything to do with the present context.Useless and insignificant point to discuss at this moment.

No, it is an indicator of your principle or lack of it.

Do you think he died due to natural causes?

Donno...possible. He was Brilliant and dedicated but harmless.

We are still a developing country, yet we already eat more than 50% of the world's pork (even though we have only 20% of the world's population).

When we become a developed country, maybe we will be eating 80% of the world's pork.

There will never be a lack of demand. :D
lol....
then I think I am in the path of success and soon will be able to print notes.....
pig farm....pig farm.....yes......:D:D

You must consider the cost of pig rearing (not the price)

hdc_0001_0003_0_img0261.jpg

1. Pig rearing is one sure way to ensure Tapeworm infection in your ecosystem and environment. Pigs droppings have tape worm eggs in them too. It spread to dogs and humans very fast.

2. Pig consumes a LOT of resources but worse produces a LOT of fecal matter too. 500,000 pigs produce 26 million tons a year of fecal matter. That is equivalent to fecal matters by 15 crore humans.

3. Pig fecal matter is highly toxic and cannot be disposed off without treatment.

4. Pigs are highly prone to infection and needs to be constantly drugged and vaccinated. Worse due to genetic similarities been pigs and humans (not a joke), the diseases can jump to humans too producing a new strain.

5. Pig shit contain toxic elements like ammonia, methane, hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, cyanide, phosphorous, nitrates and heavy metals. Worse it nurses more than 100 microbial pathogens that can cause illness in humans, including salmonella, cryptosporidium, streptocolli and girardia. Each gram of hog shit can contain as much as 100 million fecal coliform bacteria.

Now compare all this to cows and their cow dung which has non of the danger and a million positive uses. I can list it all, but most Indians would already know of them.
hmm...
okk....this is disturbing.....
never saw this coming......damn...pure plan pe pani pher diya......:hitwall::hitwall:.

Last edited:

My principle is if a man is dying in front of me due to hunger and by luck I have a piece of beef meat with me, I have no hesitation in giving it to him. I don't give a flying fcuk what is written in our ancient scriptures. For me, I don't need to be a scholar on Hindu sacred texts to understand my religion. There were enough scholars and debaters on Hinduism like Kumaril Bhatta whose contribution to humanity is negligible or nothing compared to an apparently illiterate like Ramakrishna Paramahansa or Vivekananda.So you can live happily with your egg of superior debating skills and wisdom, let others live with their ideas of their own.

A brilliant post. But you know you cannot have any philosophical or logical discussion with these people without reaching nowhere, they are completely blocked in their mind and they will forcefully reject any other opinion or fact without even evaluating its validity.

It is a sad development and we have to guard our society against this evil, good thing is that most parts of India are free from this menace and I hope with time more and more people will realize the dangers of this rise of fascism in religions.

I love your patronize tone and declaration. We can all see where the "egg of superiority" lies. Your ideas are your own, you do not like others challenging them, you should leave the forum or not participate to prevent your shell from cracking.

Look at you, now you are even dictating others to leave the forum, what you are, eh, a Full Member, or is it a double 'O'? :)

I have no issues with your idea of religion, or anything else, as long as you don't want all others to follow that. You see, I am okay with the statement "I don't eat beef", or "Beef eating is bad", but I will raise serious objection when you say "Ban it in India", because India doesn't belong to you only.

Last edited:
Scorpionx, with all due respect you could have gone to the nearby store and brought him some easy to digest food. Don't think the situation would have been so precarious that you are carrying a piece of beef while the man is going to die in the next few seconds or minutes without your beef. And if he is at that situation where within a few minutes he is going to die, then your beef piece wont be of much help believe me.

You are missing the whole point of the argument, why should one buy some other food instead of beef if he doesn't even consider consuming beef is bad or sinful?

I am not a follower of book but I know what Dharma is. It does not matter whether it came from the book or not, but Dharma is what sustains the world. All you are doing is make sob stories and emotional appeals to further adharma.

And Dharma itself is reforming and changing with time, a lot of things that are non-issue now were Adharma a 100 years ago.

You remove the concept of sanctity and gratefulness and holy from a society, that society does not have a future. Oh it will dwadle along for sometime, but not long.

You want to be grateful to cow for its milk, then what about bulls? And what about goats and buffaloes and camels, don't they deserve the same respect? Don't you want to be grateful to plants for giving us oxygen and nurturing the environment, and stop eating vegetables?

@DRAY Ping me when these 'Dharmiks' try to justify the consciousness of Gau mata is greater than the mutton or chicken they devour with utmost pleasure. :D

But you who claim to be a REAL STUDENT of Hinduism discard the scriptures and proclaim your fantasy and imagination peppered with pragmatism to be the "real Hinduism".
You do have some comprehension troubles. I never said I discard the scriptures. What I said was it is not the absolute in Hinduism. It is your fantasy and imagination which made the scriptures next to book of genesis.

Kind of you to issue certificate to Kumaril Bhatta AND Ramakrishna Pramahansa. Consider the fact that you have also issued me a certificate too, I guess I should be honored.

Again comprehension issues. Amply clear that either did not read my earlier posts or do not understand at all what i am saying.

There are other schools of philosophies in Hinduism including the Nastika school which disregard teh vedas. Only you did not claim understanding of them. You in fact quoted scholarship based on Ramakrishna mission which is based on Astika thought.
It is just not that.Visit their websites if you get time.

Which would have been find it you had shown any understand of the religion you claim to know.
Went over my head.

Trust me by this line you just described your own attitude,not mine. And I came to this forum on my own and when I decide to leave it, I will log out.

Thank you for your views.But it was not my point and @DRAY explained it quite well,much better than me.

no,economy is the most relative concept ever compared to moral dogmas.
@DRAY Ping me when these 'Dharmiks' try to justify the consciousness of Gau mata is greater than the mutton or chicken they devour with utmost pleasure. :D

btw many dharmics who dont eat beef dont also go crazy on chicken/mutton,even that is in moderation.

so,please.

Back
Top Bottom