What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

@DRAY
Yap! Educating a needy child instead of giving the money to a pujari in a mandir is a screwed priority, and I like it that way.
And I told you where to look for information, I am not running a class on Hinduism here.
[/quote]

This was your quote. In general your fear is India would prohibit booze and beef and nonveg if it became a Hindu country. Given all the comments you have made about the undesirabilty of pujas and pujaris and idol worship, it is not really that difficult to understand that you prefer money spent on booze and cow eating and that any money for education must only come from what is saved from not given to the pujaris and mandirs.

So eating beef is not good but putting the cow through hard agri work or for bullock pulling is fine. And taking its milk too. Apologies if these points were already discussed.

So eating beef is not good but putting the cow through hard agri work or for bullock pulling is fine. And taking its milk too. Apologies if these points were already discussed.

Your parents work too. Do you think it is cruel for them to work? Most likely you will be working too if you want to have a wife and a family. Do you think it is bad? Should we eat you instead of making you work?

Talking milk is so hurtful to the cow as taking apples from the apple tree is so hurtful to the apple tree.

How the taboo against slaughtering cows is actually hurting cow numbers in India.

What Pink Revolution? | Business Line

Propaganda from the meat industry and some psychos who think money is all that matters.

Oh yeah poor you. Goad and mauled into your betraying your noble self. LOL. What you do in your house is your business as long as what you do is legal. We are debating whether it should be legal for a particular kind of consumption to happen. Now run along and have your steak before it turns stone cold.

My steak was just fine, thank you. It's your brain cells that just ran cold.

So let me ask you this- eating at a beef specialty restaurant in Bombay is illegal according to you? Is it illegal to sell beef (or whatever you like to call it) in certain states in this country?

Now, your initial point of contention if I remember correctly, was that abattoirs for cows should not exist anywhere in this country because YOU (as if you speak for everybody) are against it? Correct me if I'm wrong here, please? The counter argument to that was that if abattoirs continue to exist in areas specifically marked for them, where they do not cause any communal imbalance or tension, and cater to the beef eating populace (in the tens of millions) of this secular country, then what is the problem? You very conveniently brought in the angle of Hinduism, and began to pass moral judgment on some of us. This is a Hindu Majority country, but is in no way a Hindu-only country. Please note this simple yet game-changing difference.

lol....
from where....did u visited some babaji..............:lol:

:lol: no, but now that you mention it, it could've been a fun experience.

So let me ask you this- eating at a beef specialty restaurant in Bombay is illegal according to you? Is it illegal to sell beef (or whatever you like to call it) in certain states in this country?
Now, your initial point of contention if I remember correctly, was that abattoirs for cows should not exist anywhere in this country because YOU (as if you seam for everybody) are against it? Correct if I'm wrong here, please? The counter argument to that was that if abattoirs continue to exist in areas specifically marked for them, where they do not cause any communal imbalance or tension, and cater to the beef eating populace (in the tens of millions) of this secular country, then what is the problem? You very conveniently brought in the angle of Hinduism, and began to pass moral judgment on some of us. This is a Hindu Majority country, but is in no way a Hindu-only country. Please note this simple yet game-changing difference.

No you do not remember it correctly. I never spoke about abattoirs. I never argued from the point of Hinduism though I did explain to people who dragged in Hinduism as to the concept of least harm that food choices in Hinduism is based upon.

I also argued that cattle in India is not raised for beef but for a different purpose entirely.

Now as to Hindu Majority country, India is a Dharmic country and all the religions born in this region are opposed to killing cows. Any game-changing exercise was long over with the partition. Anyone else who thinks they can be game changers have a rude awakening waiting for them.

Killing and selling of cow flesh is illegal as far as I know.

Last edited:
@DRAY
This was your quote. In general your fear is India would prohibit booze and beef and nonveg if it became a Hindu country. Given all the comments you have made about the undesirabilty of pujas and pujaris and idol worship, it is not really that difficult to understand that you prefer money spent on booze and cow eating and that any money for education must only come from what is saved from not given to the pujaris and mandirs.

You badly badly need to visit a mental hospital, real fast!!

No you do not remember it correctly. I never spoke about abattoirs. I never argued from the point of Hinduism though I did explain to people who dragged in Hinduism as to the concept of least harm that food choices in Hinduism is based upon.

I also argued that cattle in India is not raised for beef but for a different purpose entirely.

Ok ma'am. I remember having talked about abattoirs/slaughter houses being prevalent in Karnataka (legally), but the point of argument there was whether or not it was bulls or cow that are being slaughtered, and whether or not they should exist in the first place. Anyway, there are farms all over this country that raise cattle for their meat. I really should try and get some data, but I'm afraid I'm out of time here. Maybe you didn't drag Hinduism in here (which @DRAY can confirm), but you imposed your moralistic view hinged on Hinduism on us all. Anyway, it's all good.

Now as to Hindu Majority country, India is a Dharmic country and all the religions born in this region are opposed to killing cows. Any game-changing exercise was long over with the partition. Anyone else who thinks they can be game changers have a rude awakening waiting for them.

See that's just the thing, ma'am (and if you're not a woman, please tell me so I can call you 'dude'), this country is not a Hindu-only country, and that is all there is to it. We may have Dharmic roots deeply ingrained in us, but we are a country for one and all. We are not an Islamic theocracy, or have ever been an orthodox "Hindu" nation. That itself is a game-changing fact, and pardon me, but try as you might, you will never be successful in changing this basic tenet of our way of life.

Your parents work too. Do you think it is cruel for them to work? Most likely you will be working too if you want to have a wife and a family. Do you think it is bad? Should we eat you instead of making you work?

Talking milk is so hurtful to the cow as taking apples from the apple tree is so hurtful to the apple tree.

Propaganda from the meat industry and some psychos who think money is all that matters.
OK, respect your point though i dont see my parents as cow. But my mom in law may remind sometimes of a mad cow. Like most of them do. Just kidding.

Ok ma'am. I remember having talked about abattoirs/slaughter houses being prevalent in Karnataka (legally), but the point of argument there was whether or not it was bulls or cow that are being slaughtered, band whether they should exist in the first place. Anyway, there are farms all over this country that raise cattle for their meat. I really should try and get some data, but I'm afraid I'm out of time here. Maybe you didn't drag Hinduism in here (which @DRAY can confirm), but you imposed your moralistic view hinged on Hinduism on us all. Anyway, it's all good.

No Bombaywalla, I never spoke about abattoirs with you. I said there were no ranches in India to which you said there were in Karnataka. The only "ranch" in Karnataka being a bull farm where they are bred for improving the livestock quality. There are no other ranches in Karnataka.

I did not impose anything on you given you claim to have just had a steak lunch. Morality is a serious issue and all countries in the world have laws based on morals.

OK, respect your point though i dont see my parents as cow. But my mom in law may remind sometimes of a mad cow. Like most of them do. Just kidding.

Point is all of us work for a living. Including animals. I do not see people complaining of people riding horses on farms as exploitation. Or sniffer dogs working with police. Or mine detecting dolphins. Animals which can be tamed have always worked.
Parents are not like cow. But cows are intrinsically linked to our welfare.

Ok ma'am. I remember having talked about abattoirs/slaughter houses being prevalent in Karnataka (legally), but the point of argument there was whether or not it was bulls or cow that are being slaughtered, and whether or not they should exist in the first place. Anyway, there are farms all over this country that raise cattle for their meat. I really should try and get some data, but I'm afraid I'm out of time here. Maybe you didn't drag Hinduism in here (which @DRAY can confirm), but you imposed your moralistic view hinged on Hinduism on us all. Anyway, it's all good.

The whole argument they are making is based on the idea that India is a Hindu country. It is all about their twisted Hindutva. Even now buffalos are sacrificed for Hindu gods. God save this country from this breed of radicals.

See that's just the thing, ma'am (and if you're not a woman, please tell me so I can call you 'dude'), this country is not a Hindu-only country, and that is all there is to it. We may have Dharmic roots deeply ingrained in us, but we are a country for one and all. We are not an Islamic theocracy, or have ever been an orthodox "Hindu" nation. That itself is a game-changing fact, and pardon me, but try as you might, you will never be successful in changing this basic tenet of our way of life.

Well said.

No Bombaywalla, I never spoke about abattoirs with you. I said there were no ranches in India to which you said there were in Karnataka. The only "ranch" in Karnataka being a bull farm where they are bred for improving the livestock quality. There are no other ranches in Karnataka.

Ranches where cattle are reared for their meat - Yes there are, and if you give me some time, I will provide you with that information.

I did not impose anything on you given you claim to have just had a steak lunch. Morality is a serious issue and all countries in the world have laws based on morals.

Not directly, you did not. I agree with that, but you've been hurling personal insults at quite a few here. Anyway, I have a steak lunch twice a week...why is that an issue or even some thing that you would bring up? My lunch...I like food...a lot...therefore, I talk about it (on various forums). Morality is a serious issue? Sure, but there needs to be a general consensus regarding morality, and laws based on morality. What you see as immoral, isn't necessarily immoral in my view, and it is my request that you don't bring rape, child abuse, and things of that nature into this discussion to justify the moral standpoints adopted by a screwed up few.

Back
Top Bottom