What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

No Bombaywalla, I never spoke about abattoirs with you. I said there were no ranches in India to which you said there were in Karnataka. The only "ranch" in Karnataka being a bull farm where they are bred for improving the livestock quality. There are no other ranches in Karnataka
BEEF MARKET(RUSSELL MARKET)
SHIVAJINAGARA,BANGALORE,KARNATAKA..

See that's just the thing, ma'am (and if you're not a woman, please tell me so I can call you 'dude'), this country is not a Hindu-only country, and that is all there is to it. We may have Dharmic roots deeply ingrained in us, but we are a country for one and all. We are not an Islamic theocracy, or have ever been an orthodox "Hindu" nation. That itself is a game-changing fact, and pardon me, but try as you might, you will never be successful in changing this basic tenet of our way of life.

You can dispense of with ma'ma. It is useless anyways.

This is the claptrap that needs to be dispelled. This is a Hindu country. Having given away territory on the basis of religion, the state had no business to deny Hindus (dharmics) a claim on the land left behind. The "secular" in our constitution was not the part of the constitution that was drafted by Ambedkar. It was a mischief by IG. We are not an Islamic theocracy. A Hindu (dharmic) country will never be the equivalent of an Islamic theocracy. People who make these sorts of comparisons and equivalences are clueless as to what Hinduism and Hindus are about.

Tell me why is lotus the national flower or the Banyan tree the national tree. Tell me why all our missiles are named in Sanskrit terms. Tell me why Hindu gods are considered a legal entity by our legal system. When you can answer these things, you will understand de facto we are a Hindu country.

No Bombaywalla, I never spoke about abattoirs with you. I said there were no ranches in India to which you said there were in Karnataka. The only "ranch" in Karnataka being a bull farm where they are bred for improving the livestock quality. There are no other ranches in Karnataka.

I did not impose anything on you given you claim to have just had a steak lunch. Morality is a serious issue and all countries in the world have laws based on morals.

Point is all of us work for a living. Including animals. I do not see people complaining of people riding horses on farms as exploitation. Or sniffer dogs working with police. Or mine detecting dolphins. Animals which can be tamed have always worked.
Parents are not like cow. But cows are intrinsically linked to our welfare.
Jane dijiye is baat ko, senty ho gaya to ro padoonga.

image.jpg

You can dispense of with ma'ma. It is useless anyways.

This is the claptrap that needs to be dispelled. This is a Hindu country. Having given away territory on the basis of religion, the state had no business to deny Hindus (dharmics) a claim on the land left behind. The "secular" in our constitution was not the part of the constitution that was drafted by Ambedkar. It was a mischief by IG. We are not an Islamic theocracy. A Hindu (dharmic) country will never be the equivalent of an Islamic theocracy. People who make these sorts of comparisons and equivalences are clueless as to what Hinduism and Hindus are about.

No it isn't, and if you continue to ramble on about something as far from the truth as people calling Pakistan/Saudi Arabia secular nations, then there's not much I can say or do here. Adios!

Ranches where cattle are reared for their meat - Yes there are, and if you give me some time, I will provide you with that information.

This is really a hoot. If you claim there are ranches in this country, it should not really be so difficult to get info about in age of infomation.

Not directly, you did not. I agree with that, but you've been hurling personal insults at quite a few here. Anyway, I have a steak lunch twice a week...why is that an issue or even some thing that you would bring up? My lunch...I like food...a lot...therefore, I talk about it (on various forums). Morality is a serious issue? Sure, but there needs to be a general consensus regarding morality, and laws based on morality. What you see as immoral, isn't necessarily immoral in my view, and it is my request that you don't bring rape, child abuse, and things of that nature into this discussion to justify the moral standpoints adopted by a screwed up few.

I have dealt with people on the basis of reciprocity and nothing else.

I have repeated explained why cattle killing is bad in India. You have still plenty of options for food, but somethings go by the culture of the land without exceptions. This is true of all countries in the world.

Morality does not depend on your agreement with it. There are plenty of laws in this country I am not in agreement with, but they are the laws and I have to abide by it.

BEEF MARKET(RUSSELL MARKET)
SHIVAJINAGARA,BANGALORE,KARNATAKA..

Do they look like ranches to you? :cheesy:

No it isn't, and if you continue to ramble on about something as far from the truth as people calling Pakistan/Saudi Arabia secular nations, then there's not much I can say or do here. Adios!

Adios. You never could hold a debate anyways.

You should have read some more. Half knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Paramahansa was a practicing Vamachara Avadhuta. There was nothing "vicious" about his practice of Hinduism.
Read my post again.I did not say there was any "vicious" about his practice. What I said is the "apparent" viciousness of his practice in the eyes of contemporary Brahminical society who look down upon him with utter contempt.

And Half knowledge!! I can firmly assure you that my knowledge is not even distantly close to be a half one about this subject. After spending five years in Ramakrishna Mission, being brought up under watchful guidance of number of Brahmacharis and Maharajs, reading eminent researchers like Shankari Prasad Basu, Sanjeev Chatterjee, Manishankar Mukherjee, Swami Saradananda and Swami Gambhirananda apart from the ten volumes of Swamiji's own compositions, I still feel like a boy searching for a smoother pebble or prettier shell in front of an ocean like Ramakrishna or Vivekananda.

If you understand there is no place for bigotry in Hinduism why you do expect bigotry from the practitioners of Hinduism or proponents of Hinduism ? :lol:

Sounds suspiciously like prejudice masquerading as logic.

Does it look like a sound argument to you? Is there any guarantee or is it necessary that the practitioners of Hinduism can't be bigot because there is no place of bigotry in Hinduism? I find it very delightful when self proclaimed vanguards of Hinduism declare them as the supreme share holder of knowledge about this complex philosophy by just gulping some vague ideas and hymns with out understanding the fact that they are just like any ordinary passer by like the rest.The kind of aggression and arrogance the pseudo flag bearers are demonstrating here just proves how distant they have been from the real essence of this religion where humbleness and politeness is revered with an enormous degree by sages and saints for the last few thousand years.

Last edited:
Being a Hindu is not bad, but acting like a radical is, some Hindutwavadis are doing the same hate mongering that radical mullahs do. Yap, I know, they are not blowing themselves up, at least not yet.

Don't become a hardliner dear, it doesn't help.
Pulling his leg :D

Hehe. But I will be honest. By Indian standards I am a hardliner. :ashamed:

As for being a Hindu, I am unfortunate that God chose Kashmir as my birthplace, while making me a Hindu! It was just unfair. The silence of the Indians (Hindutvadis included) did not help either. So yes, being a Hindu in Kashmir is bad enough. It was just for a bindi that my naani was killed. Her body was dug up from Jhelum, right across Syed Ali Akbar street. Now there's a huge Centaur Start Hotel in that place :) I agree with your POV but being simple teachers (my Grandparents) did not help either.

For me personally, I am not offended if x,y,z has beef. So that is not the issue. Only point is that opposing beef eating does not make one communal etc.

PS - Beef is not popular in Kashmir, even among Muslims :yay:

Last edited:

As for being a Hindu, I am unfortunate that God chose Kashmir as my birthplace, while making me a Hindu! It was just unfair. The silence of the Indians (Hindutvadis included) did not help either. So yes, being a Hindu in Kashmir is bad enough. It was just for a bindi that my naani was killed. Her body was dug up from Jhelum, right across Syed Ali Akbar street. Now there's a huge Centaur Start Hotel in that place :) I agree with your POV but being simple teachers (my Grandparents) did not help either.

For me personally, I am not offended if x,y,z has beef. So that is not the issue. Only point is that opposing beef eating does not make one communal etc.

@DRAY yaar, sorry if it seems harsh, but trust me - our experience is markedly different from the rest of India, I suppose.
@madhu_greenleaf - I can understand that you are real upset. But see this -
i. Herath or Mahashivratri as you call it is not complete for us without Lamb.
ii. I know that's not beef :D But vegetarianism is not absolute in our way of life.
iii. We are not a Dharmic nation. Food comes much later. Individual interaction is primary - we worship Vaishnodevi, but still there are so many rapes in our country. Strange don't you think?
iv. I still believe that in a more ideal situation the Dharmic way of life is way better than the self righteousness of the semitic faiths as @Ravi Nair (God knows what that bugger is upto :mad: ) says.
But we need to be cooler about it.If you use a hammer as Manvantaratruti likes , you will end up breaking the head. A broken head can't learn.
v. If you really have an issue, you can go to court. I have a different set of priorities. No beef is good, but for me that will come much much later. First I would like all Indians fed. Not beef though. Simple normal basic food that guarantees their survival . I devote most of my spare time to that now.
:)

@scorpionx - That's a very well articulated post.

i. Herath or Mahashivratri as you call it is not complete for us without Lamb.
ii. I know that's not beef But vegetarianism is not absolute in our way of life.
iii. We are not a Dharmic nation. Food comes much later. Individual interaction is primary - we worship Vaishnodevi, but still there are so many rapes in our country. Strange don't you think?

1. I have not argued for vegetarianism though I believe it is the most moral way of living.
2. We are a Dharmic nation whether you believe it or not. Otherwise your Kashmir is just a place full of rocks and mountains. India has more beautiful places and need not fight for Kashmir at all. The day I believe we are not a Dharmic nation, my support for your kashmiri cause ends.
3. What has worshipping Vaishnodevi got to do with rapes? Did Vaishnodevi tell you to do rapes? Then why bring irrelevant mindless points in.

But we need to be cooler about it.If you use a hammer as Manvantaratruti likes , you will end up breaking the head. A broken head can't learn.
v. If you really have an issue, you can go to court. I have a different set of priorities. No beef is good, but for me that will come much much later. First I would like all Indians fed. Not beef though. Simple normal basic food that guarantees their survival . I devote most of my spare time to that now.

4. Each have a different way to bring home their points. Manvantaratruti is the need of the hour to wake up a lot of zombies. Unfortunately, I do not think you realize the gravitas of the situation despite being a victim of Islamic persecution. Basically you have no idea about the rest of India or even Hinduism at all.
5. We are on a debate forum to debate. That is what function this forum is meant to satisfy. There are more competent people looking into the issue than me who will do the needful when the time is right. No one said that is the first on anyone's priority list. Everyone wants India to be a rich successful country where no one (repeat no one) ever feels deprived of the basic necessities of life. This is not really a debate point even.

I am extremely sorry to hear about your naani, and make no mistake, I have no special love for these Islamic radicals, neither I am in favour of any kind of minority appeasement for the sake of vote bank politics by political parties, and barely any party in India would qualify as truly secular. My opposition of radical Hindutva does not mean that I have a soft stand against Islamic radicalism or those growing deobandi schools in India. Probably you have already seen that from my posts on many threads.

I can understand that you and your family have suffered a lot, and it is normal for you to be a hardliner against them, and I am all in favour of any political party that has a spine to show these radical mullahs their right place, but constitutionally, I am not in favour of becoming equally intolerant bigots like these mullahs are just to counter them, that will be a real defeat for us, for our country, and for Hinduism. We really don't need become evil to counter evil. We should make our laws stronger, our policies more robust, and our security forces more lethal. This is our country, she has a reputation in the world and we are proud of it, why should we lose it all and become like some of our neighbours with questionable reputation?

My loss in the hands of these scums are probably not any less than yours, if not more, I will share the history some other time, but I refuse to mimic those Jamatis & mullahs to avenge that, there are better ways.

Last edited:
i am just a normal person,what can i do about it?
Doesnt require you to do anything...All I said was it has hit world level meaning it is there to stay as it prob is Very profitable! :D

I am extremely sorry to hear about your naani, and make no mistake, I have no special love for these Islamic radicals, neither I am in favour of any kind of minority appeasement for the sake of vote bank politics by political parties, and barely any party in India would qualify as truly secular. My opposition of radical Hindutva does not mean that I have a soft stand against Islamic radicalism or those growing deobandi schools in India. Probably you have already seen that from my posts on many threads.

I can understand that you and your family have suffered a lot, and it is normal for you to be a hardliner against them, and I am all in favour of any political party that has a spine to show these radical mullahs their right place, but constitutionally, I am not in favour of becoming equally intolerant bigots like these mullahs are just to counter them, that will be a real defeat for us, for our country, and for Hinduism. We really don't need become evil to counter evil. We should make our laws stronger, our policies more robust, and our security forces more lethal. This is our country, she has a reputation in the world and we are proud of it, why should we lose it all and become like some of our neighbours with questionable reputation?

My loss in the hands of these scums are probably not any less than yours, if not more, I will share the history some other time, but I refuse to mimic those Jamatis & mullahs to avenge that, there are better ways.
True. Me too. Otherwise Pandits would have been taking up arms. True, I know your stance, otherwise I would not have engaged anyway :agree: Differences in opinion is nice. I mean why else would be in a forum? And I agree with your points.

@madhu_greenleaf - If we are a Dharmic nation, why do we worship women and still rape them? I know no devi has said to do anything like that. Also I know there are exceptions. But we know how fiercely patriarchal we still are.

But my real point is we are not ideal. I would welcome it if you go to Court. You have your views, and I respect them. Hell, I also don't support beef eating, but I do awareness campaigns for it. Intention is the same, but our methods differ.

Manvantaratruti knows a lot. I will not deny that. But his arrogance and running others over can't help. See how ISKCON, Brahmakumaris etc? Do you think they would have got so many into the Hindu fold by being exclusive?
No - they promote universal brotherhood. You can have strong convictions, sir, but your true strength lies in how you can win a heart.

Do you know how much money was offered for Bitta Karate? Rs. 10 lakh in 1990s. Not one came forward. The population was dead against the Indian Army in the area around Srinagar and Sopore, Baramulla etc. Now there is a train line joining there. Know what changed? The Kashmir Earthquake. Thousands of Kashmir Days in Pakistan, hundreds of atrocities or propaganda was forgotten (with exceptions) in one tragic natural calamity - when the Indian Army evacuated dieing Kashmiris from avalanches and ravines etc. That's what put the lid on terror. Trust me - this is under-appreciated - but true.

Back
Top Bottom