What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

I have actually, go to Kolkata on Bakrid, Beck Bagan area, you ll see hundreds of cows being slaughtered in the middle of the road.

I have also witnessed an incident in a village in Malda, West Bengal, where a cows throat was purposely slit a little and it was allowed to run amok in "Hindu areas", again deliberately, with half its head cut off and hanging from the neck, not to enjoy beef in the privacy of their homes, but just to piss Hindus off.

I myself enjoy a juicy steak like anyone else, but in India, as I said, Beef in India is not just a matter of taste buds.

Well then that is unfortunate, and highly insensitive, but these incidents are mere aberrations. Episodes like these do not happen on a regular basis in this country, and even if they did, that doesn't speak for the behaviour of the majority of beef-consuming Indians. As long as people are being respectful in general, I don't see why a problem should arise.

Goes against the principles of Free market and Capitalism.

Free market and capitalism died in 2008 financial crises when the mightiest capitalist state in the world had to intervene and bail out banks and other corporations with public money.

Well then that is unfortunate, and highly insensitive, but these incidents are mere aberrations. Episodes like these do not happen on a regular basis in this country, and even if they did, that doesn't speak for the behaviour of the majority of beef-consuming Indians. As long as people are being respectful in general, I don't see why a problem should arise.

They are not aberrations mate infact that is the norm. Do you think people in small towns and villages have access to packaged meat, do they have access to butcher shop where they can just go an order a t bone steak? They don't.

Its the public slaughtering which most Hindus have issues with, not with what you have on your plate.

I myself enjoy a juicy steak like anyone else, but in India, as I said, Beef is not just a matter of personal choice and taste buds, its also a matter of sticking it to the Hindus. Here on PDF, "I enjoy eating your cow mata" is a classic insult thrown at Hindus by Pakistanis. Its what EDL does in England, it throws pig carcass at Mosques not to show their love for bacon, but to piss Muslims off.
you may have generalized issues fanatic Muslims cause in your region. there is no public slaughter of cattle in Kerala. neither a matter of "show off".

you may have generalized issues fanatic Muslims cause in your region. we don't slaughter publicly in Kerala. it is not a matter of "show off".

Not too long ago there was an incident of a heavily pregnant cow being slaughtered inside a Hindu Temple in Kerala. Of course am not saying it happens everyday, but it happens. And now don't tell me it was done cause some people felt like eating beef.

Cow slaughtered in temple premises by Muslim miscreants at Kerala

They are not aberrations mate infact that is the norm. Do you think people in small towns and villages have access to packaged meat, do they have access to butcher shop where they can just go an order a t bone steak? They don't.

Its the public slaughtering which most Hindus have issues with, not with what you have on your plate.

I'll take your word for it, for I've never once seen an animal being publicly slaughtered. Public slaughter is obviously very insensitive, and there is no disputing that. My only contention is that, I should be allowed to, and will continue to eat what I want just as long as I'm not being a douche about it to the sensitive ones.

If you go back a few pages, you'll notice that many here have an issue with what's on other people's plates. No one can tell another person not to eat something just because they feel disrespected by that person's dietary choice, and the legal rearing of cattle solely for meat should not be an issue for anybody. That's all I, and a few others have been trying to say all along.

Last edited:
You still didn't get it, did you? Everybody is free to eat all poultry & animals including beef. I don't force you to eat as per my liking, you don't force me either, as simple as that. And if you force me to eat what you it, I will force you to eat what I eat, how would that be?

No,thats not how it is.

The reality is that if tomorrow,i spend my money in taking care of cows instead of buying random stuff in a mall,the organized meat slaughter industry ll react violently.

They also catch stray cows,there is no regulatory control over these businesses.

That makes it a huge health hazard.

May I ask f you've ever seen a cow or any animal for that matter, being slaughtered in the middle of the street? Publicly slaughtered? This is not an Islamic country where stuff like that is celebrated out in the open. Most people here (myself included) are simply saying that people who choose to eat what they please should be allowed to do so in the privacy of their homes or at restaurants, and that is in no way being insensitive to the majority.

oh bombaywallah,

go to kurla east.

instead of being a moron.

A million killed in Iraq, more than a 100,000 killed in Syria in the last 3 years, a million and more killed in Vietnam. Likewise other places. Do you think all these people killed were soldiers? India was the most populous country for thousands of years and that was not due to a shorter lifespan.

And do u think massacres didn't happen in the ancient world,civilizations entire were wiped out.Something not possible today.If u don't understand the impact of modern medicine on increasing human lifespan and decreasing infant mortality rates,then are u even fit to continue this conversation?Penicilin the most basic medicine was not discovered till 100 odd years ago.Inancient age millions died to famine and plague.Bubonic plague wiped out 40% of population of europe.How many million indians died to plague and kalajar.

I'll take your word for it, for I've never once seen an animal being publicly slaughtered. Public slaughter is obviously very insensitive, and there is no disputing that. My only contention is that, I should be allowed to, and will continue to eat what I want just as long as I'm not being a douche about it to the sensitive ones.

If you go back a few pages, you'll notice that many here have an issue with what's on other people's plates. No one can tell another person not to eat something just because they feel disrespected by that person's dietary choice, and the fact that the legal rearing of cattle solely for meat should not be an issue for anybody. That's all I, and a few others have been trying to say all along.

it is a very rare incident. it isn't a norm. the temperament of Muslims in UP-Bihar vs Kerala are different.

Common enough to antagonize the Hindus. Come tomorrow if Hindus start slaughtering pigs next to a mosque, you ll see the outrage.

Public slaughtering of all animals should be banned, even if it is for religious purposes, both for Hindus and Muslims. If Muslims think their religious rights are being hampered by banning of public ritualistic slaughters, then Hindus too have the right to call for its ban as it offends their religious senstivities. Islam is not more important the Hinduism and Hinduism is not more important than Islam, everyone's religious sensitivities need to be addressed.

And the only solution to this dilemma is ban on public slaughter. Do it inside the confines of a slaughter house, and no one will have any issues.

then stop giving opinions off ur bum,just go to kurla east.

what you appreciate or suffer is irrelevant here.

then stop giving opinions off ur bum,just go to kurla east.

what you appreciate or suffer is irrelevant here.

:lol: Oh cummon man... Don't be so butthurt just because I happen to disagree with your point of view on beef consumption. I fully agree that public slaughtering of animals must be banned, and have been saying it all along. What are you now disagreeing with me about?

Oh, and you of all people can't stop me from saying what I have to. :D

And do u think massacres didn't happen in the ancient world,civilizations entire were wiped out.Something not possible today.If u don't understand the impact of modern medicine on increasing human lifespan and decreasing infant mortality rates,then are u even fit to continue this conversation?Penicilin the most basic medicine was not discovered till 100 odd years ago.Inancient age millions died to famine and plague.Bubonic plague wiped out 40% of population of europe.How many million indians died to plague and kalajar.

Massacres happened in ancient times and continues to happen today. Your claim that technology has secured us was the lie which I contested. Human lifespan has differed through the yugas. Plenty of people in the olden times having lifespan greater than 100. Inoculation was practiced in ancient India. Plague did not wipe out 1/3 of Indian population as it did in Europe. India had basic principles of cleanliness, of daily bathing, not greeting strangers and travelers with hugs and kisses and all which contributed to a generally healthy society. The depredations of Indian society after the invasions and externally induced causes should not be attributed to the Indian society.

Why compare only plagues, AIDS an unheard of disease in ancient times has killed millions of people in modern times. Everyday modern medicine is giving rise to drug-resistant deadly bacterias and other illnesses.

:lol: Oh cummon man... Don't be so butthurt just because I happen to disagree with your point of view on beef consumption. I fully agree that public slaughtering of animals must be banned, and have been saying it all along. What are you now disagreeing with me about?

Oh, and you of all people can't stop me from saying what I have to. :D
no u said,there is no public slaughter.

i just said go to kurla east,u got owned there homie.

i/none can stop u from saying whatever,but why would i want to,when u say stupid things urself.

Back
Top Bottom