What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

i can't agree with that logic. a mere increase in visits doesn't mean anything.

It does too if you know anything about Dharmic religions at all. It is not mere visit when people walk miles together to go to Siddhivinayak or practice austerities for Sabrimala and Kumbh. It is at an all together different level.

It's just a dumb animal, dont be so senti :lol:
give him time to recover, he was horrified to realize our passports don't have "Hindu" religion stamped on it :P

It does too if you know anything about Dharmic religions at all. It is not mere visit when people walk miles together to go to Siddhivinayak or practice austerities for Sabrimala and Kumbh. It is at an all together different level.
i'm sure it is for you.

I was not aware that I was required to interfere in state affairs.

However the center can very well interfere in state affairs. All it needs is 2/3rd Majority.

...and NGO can very well interfere in state affairs. That is where VHP comes in.

Won't happen, there are enough sane people in India. And VHP nuts are toothless in most parts of India.

i'm sure it is for you.

Nope I have never practiced any of these austerities myself or walked miles for any temple. While I take the bus or the car, I see people around me do it all the time. Like literally I seem to be the odd one out. Those hundred million and 50 million numbers are not happening because I am doing it.

I just explained HOW.

No you did not. You also conveniently ignored the fact that you are being disrespectful to those who don't think the way you do. Your explanation doesn't apply, cause I'm not religious, and what is being fed to me at a restaurant, or at home, is my problem and my problem only. Nobody's putting on a public show here on purpose, for random people to feel disrespected.

Cow protection is one of the important tenets of Hinduism

Sure that may be, but what's it to you or anyone else if animals are reared for their meat to feed the tens of millions (both Hindus and non-Hindus) who consume it? What's it to you when a whole industry caters to a section of the populace without you being involved in it at all? Do you think of this country as a "Hindu" country where others don't have a right to live as they please as long as they're not publicly disrespecting you? Do you not see the millions of others you are disrespecting by trying to impose your views on them?

Killing and selling of beef is DISRESPECTFUL and INSULTING. The equivalent would be someone disrobing your wife in front of you. You take offence to that since your "duty" as a man and a husband is to protect her.

LOL I don't mean to laugh, but I can't help it, 'cause to me, the comparison is ridiculous. Is this the tangent people usually take when they try to make a point? Disrobing your wife? Someone else said something about 'Sleeping with sisters', another talked about 'cannibalism'. Seriously?

You should be free to grow your own cow and kill it and eat it in Privacy of your home. Doing it publicly is the problem.

Publicly? Where have you seen a cow being slaughtered publicly and its meat being distributed? A restaurant, ones home, a meat shop or a supermarket, are not public places.

You are OK with disrespecting Hindus by selling and consuming beef, but in the same tone you speak of respect for yourself.

You don't speak for all Hindus. The people around me don't seem to feel disrespected because they live and let live. I don't disrespect their views however ridiculous and disrespectful I might find them. Anyway, I think I've made myself pretty clear on the 'respect' bit.

Last edited:
The key word is "Choice".

Which eventually becomes lifestyle and then rule. Like how in USA school canteens have been legislated to not sell unhealthy food or sodas. Likewise smoking has been banned in all public places. Similarly this too is in the pipeline.

Nope I have never practiced any of these austerities myself or walked miles for any temple. While I take the bus or the car, I see people around me do it all the time. Like literally I seem to be the odd one out. Those hundred million and 50 million numbers are not happening because I am doing it.
perhaps you fail to consider many do it for the experience. hell, i would love to. visiting holy places doesn't make one religious.

I don't eat beef but for fcuk sakes Mr Modi, let people eat what they want to. If you don't eat beef because of religious or health reasons, it doesn't mean that India should stop the export of beef. There are millions of Christian and Muslim businessmen in India. Let them conduct the business of exporting beef or meat if it offends yours and your Hindu sensitivity

perhaps you fail to consider many do it for the experience. hell, i would love to. visiting holy places doesn't make one religious.

LOL. People in India are not that good for nothings that they will take up austerities just for the heck of it. Visiting holy places does not make on religious? Yeah visiting discotheques and bars makes one religious.

I get logic and you do not go along.

It's just a dumb animal, dont be so senti :lol:

Then why are you so senti about the issue ? :lol:

BTW for Hindu's its one of our Dharma to protect cows. Any action against is is Adharma. Now do you get this simple concept ?

epic fail fellow Indian. our passports don't ask for religion

LOL.....ya this discussion is about passports .....clutching at straws ? :lol:

LOL. People in India are not that good for nothings that they will take up austerities just for the heck of it. Visiting holy places does not make on religious? Yeah visiting discotheques and bars makes one religious.

I get logic and you do not go along.
it is not for me decide who is being rational here. let the readers decide, ehh?

Back
Top Bottom