What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Disrespect? How? What are you talking about? How is my eating a steak, or a perfect burger at home, or at a restaurant, being disrespectful to anyone? Clearly, eating it a place of worship, or in front of a bunch of people celebrating a holy festival, would be disrespectful. I'm not asking you for your respect, and long as I'm not imposing my beliefs on you, and giving you grief about the way you live, where is the problem? In fact, you would be disrespecting me by not allowing me to practice my way of life as a law abiding, tax paying citizen of India.

I just explained HOW.

Cow protection is one of the important tenets of Hinduism.

Killing and selling of beef is DISRESPECTFUL and INSULTING. The equivalent would be someone disrobing your wife in front of you. You take offence to that since your "duty" as a man and a husband is to protect her.

You should be free to grow your own cow and kill it and eat it in Privacy of your home. Doing it publicly is the problem.

You are OK with disrespecting Hindus by selling and consuming beef, but in the same tone you speak of respect for yourself.

as I mentioned earlier, it seems too late for you. my sympathies.

Keep your sympathies to yourself, but the looks of it you will need it more often.

My personal opinion is as valid as your personal observation. I never said I am speaking for you, but yes that is the trend in the country if one goes by the crowds thronging all the religious places in India and all the reports cited by alarmed leftists about the growing religiosity in India is anything to go by.

Some people never learn or learn bad things, cannot expect good sense every time, can we? So will cut you a little bit of slack, say what?
you claiming about some "trend" in India, qualifies as speaking for us; that is not appreciated. I'll hold on to what I have seen, you do the same.

Everybody has the right to speak on behalf of India and for all Indians :lol: The Indian constitution gave us that right.

"Tolerance " is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. "Mutual Respect" is NON NEGOTIABLE.

If Beef consumption is "encouraged" in your state, then it is time the rest of us act to "discourage" it.

Sadly you can't interfere in state affairs.

you claiming about some "trend" in India, qualifies as speaking for us; that is not appreciated. I'll hold on to what I have seen, you do the same.

Well a trend is a trend is a trend. If greater than 100 million people go to Khumb Mela in a 40 day period where earlier the crowds would not be more than a few million, if 50 million men go to Sabrimala every year now where people outside Kerala had not heard of Sabrimala before, then I know I am on solid ground to speak about trend. Be it Siddhivinayak temple or Shiridi or Tirupathi or the Golden Temple in Amritsar, Indians are turning more and more religious and this includes the jean and t-shirt clad English-speaking youth.

Sadly you can't interfere in state affairs.

I was not aware that I was required to interfere in state affairs.

However the center can very well interfere in state affairs. All it needs is 2/3rd Majority.

...and NGO can very well interfere in state affairs. That is where VHP comes in.

Well a trend is a trend is a trend. If greater than 100 million people go to Khumb Mela in a 40 day period where earlier the crowds would not be more than a few million, if 50 million men go to Sabrimala every year now where people outside Kerala had not heard of Sabrimala before, then I know I am on solid ground to speak about trend. Be it Siddhivinayak temple or Shiridi or Tirupathi or the Golden Temple in Amritsar, Indians are turning more and more religious and this includes the jean and t-shirt clad English-speaking youth.
i go to my childhood temples and gurudwaras in India. and?
plenty others of my meat eating school buddies do the same. Unless you have come across empirical studies, merely an increase in visits to religious places doesn't prove anything

....which accounts for your ignorance about Hinduism and the general contempt for Hinduisms belief and practices. No doubt you write "hindu" as your religion in your passport :lol:

....which accounts for your ignorance about Hinduism and the general contempt for Hinduisms belief and practices. No doubt you write "hindu" as your religion in your passport :lol:
epic fail fellow Indian. our passports don't ask for religion

plenty others of my meat eating school buddies do the same. Unless you have come across empirical studies, merely an increase in visits to religious places doesn't prove anything

It does too, religious Hindus generally trend towards slowly giving up meat eating and beef is a taboo for all of them. Given the rise of vegans and vegetarianism even in carnivorous West, it should not come as a surprise to you than India is too heading that way.

Good we are exporting and earning money
It does too, religious Hindus generally trend towards slowly giving up meat eating and beef is a taboo for all of them. Given the rise of vegans and vegetarianism even in carnivorous West, it should not come as a surprise to you than India is too heading that way.
It works both ways, me and my group of friends were veggies before we joined coll, now we eat everything from beef to squid :coffee:

Good we are exporting and earning money

It works both ways, me and my group of friends were veggies before we joined coll, now we eat everything from beef to squid :coffee:

It is only some. The trend though is towards health food and vegetarian is the emerging choice for a large section of health conscious population as well as the religious.

I just explained HOW.

Cow protection is one of the important tenets of Hinduism.

Killing and selling of beef is DISRESPECTFUL and INSULTING. The equivalent would be someone disrobing your wife in front of you. You take offence to that since your "duty" as a man and a husband is to protect her.

You should be free to grow your own cow and kill it and eat it in Privacy of your home. Doing it publicly is the problem.

You are OK with disrespecting Hindus by selling and consuming beef, but in the same tone you speak of respect for yourself.

Keep your sympathies to yourself, but the looks of it you will need it more often.

It's just a dumb animal, dont be so senti :lol:

Back
Top Bottom