What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

I have no problem with what you eat as long as you don't eat beef in India. You can go abroad and eat all the beef you want. As I have taken pains to explain, cattle is important for the health of Indian agriculture and also to maintain the Indian culture of respect for nature and gratitude and humbleness towards beings that help us. I do not want our society to turn into an ingrate hubrisitic society and towards that end I consider beef eating harmful for the Indian society. That is the real meaning of tolerance and not being indifferent when people are turning the society unlivable and destroying its environment. If you were to set a forest on fire in India, I would not sit and look on with a beatific smile on my face in tolerance of your deed, likewise when you are decimating the cattle population of India in your misguided aping of West.

India doesn't belong to you only.

And nobody is selling milk producing cows for meat, just check the huge price difference between milk producing cows and slaughter house cows.

LOL...on the contrary beef is legal ONLY in 2-3 states in India.

Also those 2-3 states happen to be the hell holes of India.

it gives me comfort that religious beliefs take a backseat with increasing literacy. it seems too late for you to catch up, but there is hope for Indians at large.

Au contraire, Indians are becoming more religious as they get more educated and have free access to information no longer controlled by the leftists.

Read imminent leftist historian Meera Nanda's “The God Market” to know that India is turning more religious by the day.

Au contraire, Indians are becoming more religious as they get more educated and have free access to information no longer controlled by the leftists.

Read imminent leftist historian Meera Nanda's “The God Market” to know that India is turning more religious by the day.
I'm talking about what i have seen in person during my travels. religion is (slowly)becoming a non-issue in young/educated India.

India doesn't belong to you only.

And nobody is selling milk producing cows for meat, just check the huge price difference between milk producing cows and slaughter house cows.

All cows in India are milch cows or draft oxens. At the end of a long productive life, they do not deserve to be sold to slaughter houses. That is a narcissistic culture which would do that and as such should not be encouraged. Beef is cheap in India because the majority does not eat them and the majority does not like seeing them slaughtered either. Majority rules.

I have no problem with what you eat as long as you don't eat beef in India. You can go abroad and eat all the beef you want. As I have taken pains to explain, cattle is important for the health of Indian agriculture and also to maintain the Indian culture of respect for nature and gratitude and humbleness towards beings that help us. I do not want our society to turn into an ingrate hubrisitic society and towards that end I consider beef eating harmful for the Indian society. That is the real meaning of tolerance and not being indifferent when people are turning the society unlivable and destroying its environment. If you were to set a forest on fire in India, I would not sit and look on with a beatific smile on my face in tolerance of your deed, likewise when you are decimating the cattle population of India in your misguided aping of West.

Who gave you the right to speak for all of India ? The people you are conversing with on this thread are all Indians. In some states, (including my own) beef consumption is not only legal but also encouraged -- because it tastes too damn good. You can start by minding your own business in your own respective states. No state in India is same as the other. We each have our own quirks and sub-cultures. You over-reach when you claim to speak for all of us with sweeping generalizations. Tolerance goes both ways. We tolerate you, you are obliged to tolerate us.

Its how a nation works.

Happy realization day.

it gives me comfort that religious beliefs take a backseat with increasing literacy. it seems too late for you to catch up, but there is hope for Indians at large.

LOL....if Literacy eliminated religious beliefs then christianity would have been dead by now :lol: .......... I leave you in your fools paradise.

I'm talking about what i have seen in person during my travels. religion is (slowly)becoming a non-issue in young/educated India.

Only some urban fresh out of college kids who have not yet explored the truth about India and believe in all that they have learnt in school. They get de-schooled pretty fast once they start getting inquisitive and start asking questions and develop an identity.

Also the tendency is very much towards giving up non-vegetarian food at some point in life even for those from non-vegetarian families. Half of my own family is such.

Who gave you the right to speak for all of India ? The people you are conversing with on this thread are all Indians. In some states, (including my own) beef consumption is not only legal but also encouraged -- because it tastes too damn good. You can start by minding your own business in your own respective states. No state in India is same as the other. We each have our own quirks and sub-cultures. You over-reach when you claim to speak for all of us with sweeping generalizations. Tolerance goes both ways. We tolerate you, you are obliged to tolerate us.

Its how a nation works.

Happy realization day.

Everybody has the right to speak on behalf of India and for all Indians :lol: The Indian constitution gave us that right.

"Tolerance " is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. "Mutual Respect" is NON NEGOTIABLE.

If Beef consumption is "encouraged" in your state, then it is time the rest of us act to "discourage" it.

Not moral policing, making beef illegal will make it proper policing. I hope that will not piss you off.

That's still moral policing to me, the same way the police sometimes shut down bars and clubs earlier than usual because they think that's what sparks an increase in crime rates hahaha. Which person in their right mind would want their favourite restaurants to stop serving their best dishes? There is absolutely no way the consumption of beef would ever be made illegal in my city.

There is always going to be Laws that tell you what to do and what not to do. Better learn to like it or you end up as a criminal :P

Well, we will just have to see if that ever works out for you. My favourite steakhouses ain't going down without a fight. :D

Hinduism as a religion is very specific about cow protection. In fact killing of cow is a great sin. Mutual respect is good, but if you want respect and also the right to disrespect others, that went out with the british rule.

Disrespect? How? What are you talking about? How is my eating a steak, or a perfect burger at home, or at a restaurant, being disrespectful to anyone? Clearly, eating it a place of worship, or in front of a bunch of people celebrating a holy festival, would be disrespectful. I'm not asking you for your respect, and long as I'm not imposing my beliefs on you, and giving you grief about the way you live, where is the problem? In fact, you would be disrespecting me by not allowing me to practice my way of life as a law abiding, tax paying citizen of India.

Only some urban fresh out of college kids who have not yet explored the truth about India and believe in all that they have learnt in school. They get de-schooled pretty fast once they start getting inquisitive and start asking questions and develop an identity.

Also the tendency is very much towards giving up non-vegetarian food at some point in life even for those from non-vegetarian families. Half of my own family is such.
I have no issues with you basing your opinions on personal experiences, however kindly refrain from speaking for all of us.

As for getting "de-schooled", looks like I'm way past due on that. :P

Its how a nation works.

Happy realization day.

Going by the trend in Kerala, sooner or later beef will be banned there too. The only ones tolerating until now were the Hindus, time we changed that equation.

I have no issues with you basing your opinions on personal experiences, however kindly refrain from speaking for all of us.

As for getting "de-schooled", looks like I'm way past due on that. :P

My personal opinion is as valid as your personal observation. I never said I am speaking for you, but yes that is the trend in the country if one goes by the crowds thronging all the religious places in India and all the reports cited by alarmed leftists about the growing religiosity in India is anything to go by.

Some people never learn or learn bad things, cannot expect good sense every time, can we? So will cut you a little bit of slack, say what?

Back
Top Bottom