What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

Yes, I have posted pictures of the same earlier. Hence the demand for a ban on cow slaughter.

Closest relative to Malayalam is Sanskrit, not Tamil. Though Tamil is second closest due to a similar script.

Most Indian languages are mutually intelligible .........just takes a little effort.

The same way English is the language of science and law.
most Indian languages are mutually intelligible???ha ha...

blah blah...i speak Malayalam,Tamil and Kannada...
most words in Tamil and Malayalam are common...only difference is in its pronunciation...even a child with a Malayalam knowledge could easily understand most of the Tamil ..

LOL...so you keep telling us. congratulations. :disagree:

most Indian languages are mutually intelligible???ha ha...

Fortunately I speak a lot more langues than you to state it with a certainty. The last time I responded to Assamese comment in this very forum to the surprised of a fellow Malayali. But the surprised remind only till I explained how I decoded the language and used logic to understand what he said. That in my mind makes Assamese intelligible.

Didn't I just tell you, I don't believe that everything ends with death nor do I believe that there is something after death, in this context my mind is comfortable with uncertainty and therefore I don't need to fix upon one option or another, that said I do find the argument for the former to be more likely. More likely being a relative term and since I don't endorse either scenarios in absolute terms, no belief here whatsoever.

On the contrary your expressed decision to live life to the "full" indicates a conscious belief that karma will not touch you. Your actions speaks louder than words.

I on the other hand do not know for certain either, but try to live my life as per dharma.

You see it IS relative and your actions end up endorse either one or the other.

Last edited:

Fortunately I speak a lot more langues than you to state it with a certainty. The last time I responded to Assamese comment in this very forum to the surprised of a fellow Malayali. But the surprised remind only till I explained how I decoded the language and used logic to understand what he said. That in my mind makes Assamese intelligible.

On the contrary your expressed decision to live life to the "full" indicates a conscious belief that karma will not touch you. Your actions speaks louder than words.

I on the other hand do not know for certain either, but try to live my life as per dharma.

Nope I simply don't care either ways. IF karma exists and if its rules mandate some punishment for my actions I still will not desist because I simply think its worth it. Karma's existence or lack thereof simply is not too important for me. Now as to whether it does exist, I cannot say and so even more so I am willing to take the "risk". Its just simple cost benefit analysis.

ok...
ninte perendha???(whats your name?)...decode it using your Sanskrit...
and....nattill evideya??(where are you from??)...

Nope I simply don't care either ways. IF karma exists and if its rules mandate some punishment for my actions I still will not desist because I simply think its worth it. Karma's existence or lack thereof simply is not too important for me. Now as to whether it does exist, I cannot say and so even more so I am willing to take the "risk". Its just simple cost benefit analysis.

The punishment is life (as you know it) itself, only I get the impression you are yet to experience it. How old are you ?

Everybody does the cost benefit analysis, only others take into account the laws of Dharma while doing the calculation.

If restraint from junk food can give you a healthier body then restraint from too much sensual pleasure gives you a healthier "something" too.

"daivi sampad vimoksaya nibandhayasuri mata, ma sucah sampadam daivim abhijato si pandava" (Bhg. Gita)

Translate: Noble qualities are considered conducive to liberation, Asuri qualities to bondage........

Why not just choose a healthier life style ? .... much better than measuring flab.

The punishment is life (as you know it) itself, only I get the impression you are yet to experience it. How old are you ?

Everybody does the cost benefit analysis, only others take into account the laws of Dharma while doing the calculation.

If restraint from junk food can give you a healthier body then restraint from too much sensual pleasure gives you a healthier "something" too.

"daivi sampad vimoksaya nibandhayasuri mata, ma sucah sampadam daivim abhijato si pandava" (Bhg. Gita)

Translate: Noble qualities are considered conducive to liberation, Asuri qualities to bondage........

Why not just choose a healthier life style ? .... much better than measuring flab.

Ummm.. no flab is ALWAYS a sign of something having gone wrong in the body..UNLESS the fellow happens to be past the middle age.

Sayeth what?! :o:

@ExtraOdinary @DRAY What are you dodos arguing about, prime quality beef is as it is imported since the only place for good cuts of the local bovine is Kerala. All the steaks you're eating at the smokehouse etc. is imported anyway.

Well my stuff is sorted.

As for Sanskrit, can't you spare us on this one Manu, having to attain proficiency in four languages till the age of ten was bad enough and after French got added to the mix I honestly began to despise the notion of learning a new tongue. :suicide2:
I left the thread long ago, yeah I started with the Kerela Syrian beef fry, it's amazing. Dunno though if it's cow or buffalo meat.

Besides the only sort of tongue a fellow should ever like should most definitely not belong to any species other than human!! :angry:

Feels good to be a puritan for a change.:devil:
Hehehe smoked ox tongue is a delicacy, you are missing out on good things :taz:

I left the thread long ago, yeah I started with the Kerela Syrian beef fry, it's amazing. Dunno though if it's cow or buffalo meat.

Hehehe smoked ox tongue is a delicacy, you are missing out on good things :taz:

You obviously did not get the gist of the latter post. Besides one thing I agree with is that daily consumption of red meat is not advisable, you're asking for trouble. Fish and fowl is a better option. But a steak a week is respite.

You obviously did not get the gist of the latter post. Besides one thing I agree with is that daily consumption of red meat is not advisable, you're asking for trouble. Fish and fowl is a better option. But a steak a week is respite.

Yepp. Daily consumption :crazy:, pait kharab ho jayega bhai :rofl:. I never developed a taste for fish :undecided:, in my defence I did give it a try to impress a certain individual ;), but felt like puking and decided its not worth it

Yepp. Daily consumption :crazy:, pait kharab ho jayega bhai :rofl:. I never developed a taste for fish :undecided:, in my defence I did give it a try to impress a certain individual ;), but felt like puking and decided its not worth it

Salt water fish, cook it simply..never fails, get some Basa fillets, rub honey mustard+ balsalmic vinegar and chilli flakes on to it, place in zip lock bag with just a little extra virgin olive oil, use the flavored Zafraan one if the pocket can take it...leave for an hour and then grill on a grill pan..serve with other accompaniments...

I understand your pain, even as a bengali, i kind'a hate fish, specially Hilsa. Can only eat rohu or katla if it is hard fried.

ok...
ninte perendha???(whats your name?)...decode it using your Sanskrit...
and....nattill evideya??(where are you from??)...

I am not a professional linguist but based on my limited knowledge I can break it down to knowledgeable bits.

Ninte = Nin Deh(am) = You Body (sanskrit)
Pere = Name (Tamil)
en=yat=what (sanskrit)
dha = cha = and ? (sanskrit)

Nin Deh pere yat cha (sanskrit sanskrit tamil sanskrit unknown) i.e. What is your name.

Back
Top Bottom