What's new

Unwelcome guests: Jirga imposes ban on renting houses to Afghan refugees

I quite understand your feelings , mate . But the thing is that desperate times demands desperate measures , even more when the enemy isn't known , cant be distinguished and doesn't wear uniform . Pakistan is in a state of war , lets sort our country first than moving elsewhere , friend . Of course , there are honest and hardworking people , but the majority are criminals and involved in anti-state activities despite Islamabad's favor of granting them refuge here . Parasitic presence , I would say , mate . Keep one thing in mind that Afghans have been extremely anti-Pakistan since our independece .

Pataaa nahin yaaar I'd like it if our authorities studied this more carefully - Koi becharaaa jo rented place mein reh rahaa haii aur kisssi ko kuch nahin keh rahaaa usss ke saaath ziyadtiii hai !

What significance lies in blood , mate ?

Apart from Hemoglobin & some other stuff - Nothing !

But of course in case of @Hyperion it could be something else, after all he, along with most of his extended family, has a pair of wings, a nifty tail & of course turn red like tomatoes when left in the sun for too long ! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Precisely , man made stories . Blood significance and dominance . I may have a few relatives left in India and Bangladesh , do I look I give a darn ?

Yes you do ! :agree:

You even talked about that pretty Indian cousin of yours that you were courting & how broken you were when she choose another ! Thankfully for you Altaf Bhai came into the scene to take all your worries away ! :whistle:

Yes you do ! :agree:

You even talked about that pretty Indian cousin of yours that you were courting & how broken you were when she choose another ! Thankfully for you Altaf Bhai came into the scene to take all your worries away ! :whistle:

I dont even know them :D

Only if my parents ever talked about any relatives there , the simple point as my father puts out is that their loyalty is with India and our's with Pakistan - that line was drawn a long time ago - trust me no Muslim in India loves Pakistan as many delusionals think so , why should they ? Same goes for Afghans , then why should we ? .

A good move, but it should be govt taking care of these things instead of these Jirgas.

I dont even know them :D

Only if my parents ever talked about any relatives there , the simple point as my father puts out is that their loyalty is with India and our's with Pakistan - that line was drawn a long time ago - trust me no Muslim in India loves Pakistan as many delusionals think so , why should they ? Same goes for Afghans , then why should we ? .

I hope I get to meet your father someday - I mean it ! He sounds like a Great Patriot & many of his views, that you've ever shared, are very much in consonance with my own. :)

God Bless him & Aunty ! :pakistan:

Amazing,

i guess i should tell this to my dad.since he has given one house to afghan refugees(in DIK) though for free because the house is really small..

Don't know about rest of the country, however, we don't sell our relatives out. I say it's in the blood.

I would sell my soul to the devil for the greater good of the Country & you're still bogged down in 14th Century notions of Blood Ties as is if they're supposed to mean something ! :unsure:

Amazing,

i guess i should tell this to my dad.since he has given one house to afghan refugees(in DIK) though for free because the house is really small..

Wait you're from DIK ? :what:

Rora, you didn't give us any views on the Jail Break ! :unsure:

@Hyperion @Pak-one @chauvunist @farhan_9909 @Spring Onion @ghilzai @TaimiKhan @RazPaK @Abu Zolfiqar @Areesh @HRK @Marshmallow @Talon @balixd @Secur @Icarus @Oscar

What are your thoughts ? Good Decisions, Bad Decision or Good but targeting the wrong people !

On my part I think were it qualified by 'that families will be exempt' from this or that this would only target single men living here, it would have been better !

In my opinion we are facing some issues exclusive to Afghans and some are general refugee problem in a bigger picture.....

We took a large number of Afghans as refugee some 30 years back without any proper planning or strategy.....that created some generalised issue of “low intensity Law & Order violation” and to some extent economic clash with locals..... these types of issues are common in nature & always occurs with the societies, allow refugees to flow in their countries....so these could be tackled with proper planning.

However, there are some problem exclusively related to Afghanistan......like resistance movements, smuggling and obviously big daddy involvement.....

We should not have allowed Afghans to come out of their refugee camps and to get amalgamate with society in past.......but now as their third generation is living in Pakistan.....how could any attempt, which lead to the isolation of certain community bring positive results???

IMHO, it will backfire.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about rest of the country, however, we don't sell our relatives out. I say it's in the blood.
What if one of your tarbur joins hakimullah mehsud? would you sell out your relative ?:devil:

About haripur jirga's decision............their territory, their rules.......we should respect their decision.
And It is also a fact that many Afghan mohajirs think that its better to steal or rob than beg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom