What's new

Unwelcome guests: Jirga imposes ban on renting houses to Afghan refugees

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
HARIPUR:
Following an increase in criminal activities attributed to Afghan refugees in union council Panian of Haripur district, a jirga on Tuesday imposed a ban on renting out houses to Afghan citizens residing on this side of the border.
Property owners whose houses are already rented to Afghan nationals were asked by the jirga to get them vacated voluntarily after Eid, otherwise the jirga would forcibly evict the tenants with the help of the local police.
According to Ashraf, a contractor who was present at the jirga in Panian, criminal activities involving Afghan individuals were on the rise in the area because of lack of a proper monitoring system of these guests’ movement.

“Records available with the police reveal Afghan refugees who have been living in Haripur for the past three decades are involved in felonies like cattle theft, burglaries, robberies, car thefts, kidnapping for ransom, drugs and arms smuggling,” claimed Ashraf.
“It cannot be ruled out that they might have links with banned outfits,” he said, adding apart from increasing crimes, these foreigners were also causing collateral losses to locals by destroying or stealing their crops in areas close to Afghan camps.
The jirga also criticised the government’s decision to extend the stay of Afghan refugees in Pakistan till 2015. “If they are not repatriated to Afghanistan, where law and order has improved considerably, then their movement should be restricted to their camps and monitored properly,” said another member of the jirga.
Participants also flayed the local police for their poor performance, saying lives and property of residents were no longer safe from those they had hosted and shared resources with for so long.
Ahmed Sultan Khan, a member of the jirga, said the areas frequently hit by thieves include Khalabat Township, Dhenda, Kalas, Padhana, Chohar Sharif, Kalas, Meelam, Aalam, Panian, Bhera, Kaloopind, Baso Maira, Dhamkar Colony and other localities situated close to Padhana and Panian Afghan refugee camps.
Under a tripartite agreement with UNHCR and Afghanistan, Pakistan has extended the date for the voluntary repatriation of registered Afghan refugees till December 2015.
According to data gathered from the office of District Administrator Afghan refugees Hazara division, there are 22,012 registered families with a total of 126,336 individuals in Haripur alone, while over 2,600 families and 15,000 individuals are using the resources of the district without getting themselves registered as refugees.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 7th, 2013.

By official estimates there are 3 million Afghan refugees in Pak. Unofficial estimates this to 6 million.

These people are running around the country, either acting as criminals or terrorists, or both.

We looked after them after the Soviet war, took them in like our brothers and this is how they repay us.

Disgusting mentality, just like the Indians.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Armstrong

A welcome move , I would say . Better late than never .

I dont give a darn about ' families ' or ' poor ' or anything , the time for Ummah is well past , my friend .

@Armstrong

I dont give a darn about ' families ' or ' poor ' or anything , the time for Ummah is well past , my friend .

Not Ummah....some empathy ! Despite my anger at Afghans, I can't find it in me to ask an honest Afghan day laborer to pack up his stuff, take his wife & two little kids & go back to Afghanistan where in all probability they'd have an extremely tough time ! I just can't take my anger out on them for what Daud Khan, Babrak & now Karzai did & do !

Dude, we Pashtuns have absolutely no hallucinations about Ummah or whatever the crap that is.... In blood we trust.

@Armstrong

I don't give a damn about cheechi meechi Afghans. I only care about my extended Pashtun family...... not all of it though... :D

Not Ummah....some empathy ! Despite my anger at Afghans, I can't find it in me to ask an honest Afghan day laborer to pack up his stuff, take his wife & two little kids & go back to Afghanistan where in all probability they'd have an extremely tough time ! I just can't take my anger out on them for what Daud Khan, Babrak & now Karzai did & do !

Dude, we Pashtuns have absolutely no hallucinations about Ummah or whatever the crap that is.... In blood we trust.

I don't give a damn about cheechi meechi Afghans. I only care about my extended Pashtun family...... not all of it though... :D

Well I'm not a Pukhtoon & I'm not a big believer in blood-ties of any sort so I don't give a wooden nickle about blood ! :P

I'm only saying this from the point of view of humanity - I don't want those innocent Afghans who don't hold any ill will towards Pakistan to suffer because of what their Government & what our Government have been up to for the past couple of decades !

@Hyperion @Pak-one @chauvunist @farhan_9909 @Spring Onion @ghilzai @TaimiKhan @RazPaK @Abu Zolfiqar @Areesh @HRK @Marshmallow @Talon @balixd @Secur @Icarus @Oscar

What are your thoughts ? Good Decisions, Bad Decision or Good but targeting the wrong people !

On my part I think were it qualified by 'that families will be exempt' from this or that this would only target single men living here, it would have been better !

Good decision? It is a brilliant decision. We have enough of our own poor families in Pakistan to take care of. These Afghan families are now a responsibility of there govt. We have served them too much for too long.

Who cares about what our governments think? They are all "chakkay" with a capital C. 150 people raided a jail, executed a person in front of a shop, WHOLE DAMN BRIGADE was scared of getting out. Salay saray kay saray.

Well I'm not a Pukhtoon & I'm not a big believer in blood-ties of any sort so I don't give a wooden nickle about blood ! :P

I'm only saying this from the point of view of humanity - I don't want those innocent Afghans who don't hold any ill will towards Pakistan to suffer because of what their Government & what our Government have been up to for the past couple of decades !

Btw, I have sized our army up pretty well. They aren't worth even nickle.

I quite understand your feelings , mate . But the thing is that desperate times demands desperate measures , even more when the enemy isn't known , cant be distinguished and doesn't wear uniform . Pakistan is in a state of war , lets sort our country first than moving elsewhere , friend . Of course , there are honest and hardworking people , but the majority are criminals and involved in anti-state activities despite Islamabad's favor of granting them refuge here . Parasitic presence , I would say , mate . Keep one thing in mind that Afghans have been extremely anti-Pakistan since our independece .

What significance lies in blood , mate ?

Don't know about rest of the country, however, we don't sell our relatives out. I say it's in the blood.

I quite understand your feelings , mate . But the thing is that desperate times demands desperate measures , even more when the enemy isn't known , cant be distinguished and doesn't wear uniform . Pakistan is in a state of war , lets sort our country first than moving elsewhere , friend . Of course , there are honest and hardworking people , but the majority are criminals and involved in anti-state activities despite Islamabad's favor of granting them refuge here . Parasitic presence , I would say , mate . Keep one thing in mind that Afghans have been extremely anti-Pakistan since our independece .

What significance lies in blood , mate ?

Who cares about what our governments think? They are all "chakkay" with a capital C. 150 people raided a jail, executed a person in front of a shop, WHOLE DAMN BRIGADE was scared of getting out. Salay saray kay saray.

Woh ghaltiii si ho giyaa thaaa ! :unsure:

Btw, I have sized our army up pretty well. They aren't worth even nickle.

Qasaam seii aaj Uncle ke samneiii polll kholneiii hi paraiii gaiii takeiii woh maaaar maaar kar murgha banaaa daiiin - Army ke khilaaaf baaat Blasphemy ! :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom