What's new

Unsung Heroes of Operation Swift Retort

"Although arrest warrants are pending, none of the five defendants has thus far been apprehended"

Is this a joke?

"This matter was investigated by the Department of Commerce’s Office of Export Enforcement; the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General, Defense Criminal Investigative Service; and Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney John Davis and Trial Attorney Nicholas Hunter of DOJ’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section, National Security Division.

The charges and allegations contained in an indictment are merely accusations. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty"

Since the public release is from January 15th, 2020....I'm assuming these guys are still running free or have escaped to Pakistan?

The Turkish HAVA-SOJ may be an option for PAF:
maxresdefault.jpg

upload_2020-6-2_23-36-19.jpeg

I don't believe in God of gape. We have seen so many miracles since the inception of Pakistan in world maps and Pakistan itself Allah miracle itself in our life.No doubt our successes are attributed to blessings of Allah. Without Allah blessing technology is nothing, We have seen that example of how the technology idol is broken in Afghanistan.If you are liberal and technology believers then my remarks consider in your book as a God of Gaps segment.

Kindly stop posting about Swift Retort ,It is started to look like a child who has score 1st time A .It was a team effort no denial and i expect that every one should be mature enough to refrain from technical details in so much debt as like many I happens to know as well what happened but nationalism demands to keep mouth shut also it is saying that when Sun rises every one sees the light .

Had they killed The Motari Army chief , that would have been enough to deter them for long time .

No. 24 Squadron, named the Blinders, the electronic warfare unit of the PAF operating the Dassault Falcon 20F
I remember reading a few years ago that these aircraft are useless and should be scrapped well they proved their worth on that night
PAF operates 3 aircraft serials J-753, J-468 and J-469
There is no doubt Blinders are the operational BACKBONE of the PAF, they should be expanded beyond 3 aircraft, in a full scale war these numbers are not sufficient enough. Full praise to those engineers who produced this marvel of a machine, hopefully its capabilities will be enhanced further.

"Although arrest warrants are pending, none of the five defendants has thus far been apprehended"

Is this a joke?

"This matter was investigated by the Department of Commerce’s Office of Export Enforcement; the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General, Defense Criminal Investigative Service; and Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney John Davis and Trial Attorney Nicholas Hunter of DOJ’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section, National Security Division.

The charges and allegations contained in an indictment are merely accusations. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty"

Since the public release is from January 15th, 2020....I'm assuming these guys are still running free or have escaped to Pakistan?

A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty

ECCN violations are nothing new, many are unintentional but a lot are not. Iranians top the list for these violations followed by the Chinese , Indians have also indulged in it en masse during the early 2ks but once they put you guys on the OK list(even if for downgraded equipment) the hardware violations died down - software became open anyway.

Pakistanis still engage in it and oddly most of it does not have patriotic motivations and more along the lines of making 200% commissions on sales to military institutions

HAVA SOJ is for EW...
But not battle-proven.
PAF will go for Saab due to large fleet of Saab 2000 in its fleet.
2nd we tested them in swift retort operation.
HAVA SOJ is good but I don't think PAF will go for this in near future.

I hope that PAF might be working with Chinese to acquire J-16 and later modify them with our choice of Electronic Equipment.

But not battle-proven.
It's in fact an enhanced air-borne version of the land-based ASELSAN KORAL system, which has blinded and deceived the best of the Russian systems, operated by the Russians themselves (neither Iranians nor Indians), including S-400 in Syria to shoot down SUs via BVR missiles (under secured AWACs links) without bringing the necessity of switching ON the F-16 radar! Not to mention Pantsirs, Buks etc. being destroyed by tons via UAVs in both Syria and Libya! If it's not battle-proven I don't know what is...

Now, assuming that the Russians are so bad in maths that they can't solve EM equations for the stringent boundary conditions using finite-element methods is little far fetched....

Last edited:
But not battle-proven.
In terms of EW/ECM/EA, the PAF will not have access to 'battle proven' systems. No one will sell those, especially if they actually work. So, the only options available are untested systems from smaller or lesser known suppliers who need business, and are willing to sell to the PAF. However, besides being a newer supplier, Turkey is also stepping up to the plate as a willing strategic partner to Pakistan, which will count.

I think there's a decent chance of the PAF acquiring HAVASOJ in the next 5-7 years.

Back
Top Bottom