What's new

Unlike his predecessors, Modi challenging us on Dalai Lama: China

LOL.... you seriously think Modi bases his policies on what he likes and dislikes ? :cheesy:

Modi has been in politics for more than 50 years. His political maturity is beyond compare and he is a career politician.

I do not know what a "professional" politician is, but Modi is a politician even when he sleeps. He breaths and eats politics of the kind that is unknown in china.

Most Indian politicians who has worked their way up from the bottom are like that. What makes Modi stand out and different is that he has clung on to his integrity and dreams all through that tough and ruthless journey.

OTOH we have professional bureaucrats who work with him and will continue to work even when he has gone and a new politician takes his place.

True, you will churn out another brick in the wall.

That was exactly my point.
Yes, that's our system for thousands of years and it still works fine. it's not hard to see how it achieved.

I assume you meant Mao.

Modi is certainly not a person like you and me. He is a true Leader of Men, of that I have NO doubt.
He is just a man, believe me. In China we never bank our hopes on one individual, it's the whole system works.

We stopped deify a person for half a century, our leader is just a person like you and me.

Does it prove anything? this kind of reports comes out on daily basis for the past 3 decades.
Chinas desperation for India joining in shows that these articles do have a point.

We stopped deify a person for half a century, our leader is just a person like you and me.

Your sermons and riding the high horse is quite juvenile. You have no sense about how Indian system of governance work.

Also, we know Chinese standards of corruption and its epic struggle to keep the mandate of heaven intact. I wonder you are here to impress only certain type of people by being not honest about the actual realities.

I notice that Indians here mention Modi very often, we Chinese almost never mention Xi, that's the difference in mentality, cause we think Xi is just someone who leads, nothing more ,noting less.

Chinas desperation for India joining in shows that these articles do have a point.
You think too much ,India is just a side show in Chinese foreign affairs

Yes, that's our system for thousands of years and it still works fine. it's not hard to see how it achieved.

I will take your word on it since I really do not know much about your system and how it really works.

He is just a man, believe me. In China we never bank our hopes on one individual, it's the whole system works.

Modi is not just a man. Believe me. He is an extraordinary man. Everything about his life spells that out.

We bank on such a man to FIX our system so that it can continue to work for the next hundred years.

I do not see him do that, but he will certainly use the system to delivery to us in the next 10 years which NOBODY else can.

Under his leadership, the relations between China and India turned from unfriend to hostile and will be sworn enemy in the near future. The two countries now are just doing whatever it takes to hurt each other out of spite. Funny to see, lol..
Nah that won't happened, both India & China won't get anything out of it that's what US wants. India's only sworn enemy is pakistan & will be.
I notice that Indians here mention Modi very often, we Chinese almost never mention Xi, that's the difference in mentality, cause we think Xi is just someone who leads, nothing more ,noting less.
As we elected him and you can't.

Your sermons and riding the high horse is quite juvenile. You have no sense about how Indian system of governance work.

Also, we know Chinese standards of corruption and its epic struggle to keep the mandate of heaven intact. I wonder you are here to impress only certain type of people by being not honest about the actual realities.
We never deny that China has corruption, maybe India also has corruption, but in China we care more about wether the leadership can bring the result, that's the fundemental yardstick to gauge the government here.

That is because we have directly voted Modi into power. While you have merely watched Xi elect himself to power.

We are more invested in our leader and he in us, than Xi and you will ever be.

Its a social and political contract which is tested everyday of the year.

Nah that won't happened, both India & China won't get anything out of it that's what US wants. India's only sworn enemy is pakistan & will be.

As we elected him and you can't.
You don't elect them, you think you elect them. Same in US, most Americans can see that.

We never deny that China has corruption, maybe India also has corruption, but in China we care more about wether the leadership can bring the result, that's the fundemental yardstick to gauge the government here.

That is the yardstick for any government, but what is different is that we measure the result over a wide variety of sectors, not only the economy.

Politics are dirty, it's the struggle and compromise of different interest groups, average people are powerless in this game, but they make you believe you do.

That is the yardstick for any government, but what is different is that we measure the result over a wide variety of sectors, not only the economy.
The most important one, social stability, education, infrastructure, employment,defense... many of them are tied with your economy.

Politics are dirty, it's the struggle and compromise of different interest groups, average people are powerless in this game, but they make you believe you do.
But it has one inherent strength i.e. the combination of accountability and transparency that no autocratic regimes had ever provided to its people in human history.

Do you think Indians do not know that ? We have been suffering all kids of politicians for the last 70 years.

But what happens when you come across a politician who has not compromised on some key factors during his struggle ? Who never compromised beyond a point with interest groups ?

A man who genuinely cares about the average person ? and desires nothing from you except to be immortal in the pages of history ?

But it has one inherent strength i.e. the combination of accountability and transparency that no autocratic regimes had ever provided to its people in human history.
Roman empire? Han and Tang dynasty? Political systems are changing with time, never stagnant, Chinese system also changes fast every decade.

Back
Top Bottom