What's new

United States To Lease Or Sell A Nuclear Submarine To Australia

@jhungary : How come you are speaking as an Australian? Me confused!:confused:

Because I am Also an Australian.

I am a quad-national, since I was born in the USA and I am a US Citizens by birth, and my mother is a Vietnamese-Chinese who was granted Asylum to Australia in 1979, I hold both Hong Kong Chinese Citizenship and Australian Citizenship. Finally I was married to my Swedish Wife in 2005 and migrated there.

I do also have a British Passport from colonial era and I can convert them to British Citizenship, but meh, who want British Citizenship :lol:

Given the problem we are and we will face ahead.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...lear-submarine-australia-2.html#ixzz2YNQKawrK
What problem,care to explain?

A lot....

The stability of IOR region. Don't forget we also half bordered IOR in our West Coast.
The ability to conduct coastal defence (Being the biggest island and 3rd biggest EEZ we only have 12 Frigate and numerous patrolboat to guardian our coast??)
The ability to conduct International Naval Mission.

In short, our navy even have problem screening asylum seeker boat in the Indian Ocean, how do we defend our coast??

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a quad-national, since I was born in the USA and I am a US Citizens by birth, and my mother is a Vietnamese-Chinese who was granted Asylum to Australia in 1979, I hold both Hong Kong Chinese Citizenship and Australian Citizenship. Finally I was married to my Swedish Wife in 2005 and migrated there.

I do also have a British Passport from colonial era and I can convert them to British Citizenship, but meh, who want British Citizenship :lol:

A lot....

The stability of IOR region. Don't forget we also half bordered IOR in our West Coast.
The ability to conduct coastal defence (Being the biggest island and 3rd biggest EEZ we only have 12 Frigate and numerous patrolboat to guardian our coast??)
The ability to conduct International Naval Mission.

In short, our navy even have problem screening asylum seeker boat in the Indian Ocean, how do we defend our coast??
So you need a nuclear sub to defend your coast against asylum seekers?
Come on now,Australia has good relations with evry country in the neighbourhood or even in the entire world.
The US just using Australia as a back up against china just in case,thats why the offer and only for that reason.

So you need a nuclear sub to defend your coast against asylum seekers?
Come on now,Australia has good relations with evry country in the neighbourhood or even in the entire world.
The US just using Australia as a back up against china just in case,thats why the offer and only for that reason.

dude, asylum seeker is only one part of the problem, have you read what else I wrote?? We need a stable IOR region, do you think today with India and China, IOR region can be called "Stable" anymore??

and mate, if US is indeed using Australia as a back up, it will be a very funny way. Without US intervention, Australia could be overrun by Chinese in less than 3 days, then functioning government will ceased to exist and goes down with insurgency. If you are the President of the USA, will you use a certainly fail plan to back you up? You have a really funny way to see politic my friend.

And Kangaroos will one day command carrier groups....... good luck.

And Kangaroos will one day command carrier groups....... good luck.

Actually we will, we ordered 2 off shore landing ship that capable to fly F-35 on it. When they deliver the ship and the F-35, we will have our function carrier......Ship is coming in 2014 and planes is post 2018

Canberra-class landing helicopter dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HMAS Canberra (LHD 02) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HMAS Adelaide (LHD 01) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the Australians want the nuclear sub and it would be them that operate it I personally don't think China would care since it is highly unlikely that the Australians, a country in which 30% of exports go to China and from my understanding have no territorial disputes with them, would want to get involved in any kind of fight with the Chinese.

The US already has a military presence in Australia and I am pretty sure their nuclear submarines can dock in Australia anyways so what does it matter if the Australians have their own nuclear sub?

I think this has more to do with US offloading equipment that they don't need or cant conceivably argue in favor of financing the operation of.

dude, asylum seeker is only one part of the problem, have you read what else I wrote?? We need a stable IOR region, do you think today with India and China, IOR region can be called "Stable" anymore??

and mate, if US is indeed using Australia as a back up, it will be a very funny way. Without US intervention, Australia could be overrun by Chinese in less than 3 days, then functioning government will ceased to exist and goes down with insurgency. If you are the President of the USA, will you use a certainly fail plan to back you up? You have a really funny way to see politic my friend.
Well dude see you answered your own questions,thanks to the presence of both India and China there will never be war in your region.
Dont come up with stories about unstable region,if you knew politics you should have known that Nuclear powers never go to war with each other.
The US and Australia are allies,thats the only reason for the US offer and maybe send a message to others.
Btw,im starting to think you have something against asylum seekers since you mentioned them so many times.
So next time dont come with fictitious reasons and know what you are talking about.

Well dude see you answered your own questions,thanks to the presence of both India and China there will never be war in your region.
Dont come up with stories about unstable region,if you knew politics you should have known that Nuclear powers never go to war with each other.
The US and Australia are allies,thats the only reason for the US offer and maybe send a message to others.
Btw,im starting to think you have something against asylum seekers since you mentioned them so many times.
So next time dont come with fictitious reasons and know what you are talking about.

lol dude, MANY THINGS WAS WRONG IN YOUR COMMENT.

Well dude see you answered your own questions, thanks to the presence of both India and China there will never be war in your region.

Do you know how many Military conflict did India and China have in the past 100 years??

1967 Sino-India War
1967 Sino-Indian skirmish
1987 Sino-Indian skirmish
2013 LOC standoff.

Between 1990-2010 there are estimated 300 incident of border incursion, smaller scale skirmishes happen between India and China.

So you are saying the IOR region is Stable. Well.............

you lived in a dream world now??

So,
US (Nuke power since 1945) war with Vietnam and China (Nuke power in 1967) does not happened??
India (Nuke power since 1974) Kargil war with Pakistan (Nuke power since 1998) in 1999 never happened??

Is these part of history blocked out from your end??

The US and Australia are allies, thats the only reason for the US offer and maybe send a message to others.
Btw, m starting to think you have something against asylum seekers since you mentioned them so many times.

So what wrong with allies and offer US arms. Do you have a problem US giving Australia arms? So does that mean every time we aussie buy something from American and it have to go thru you first? To see if there are an agenda behind it??

I only mentioned Asylum Seeker 2 times in this convo, the second time I mention them is because you ask if that was the main reason for the nuke sub. So I only actively mentioned it once. Well, seems like you have a thing for Asylum Seeker more than me

So next time when you go out with you ABSURD idea between US and Australia, try LIVING IN ONE OF THOSE PLACE FIRST. A Turk living in Netherland trying to tell off an Australia he got it wrong with Australian Politic. What an absurd idea. What do you know about Australia and how well you know about the surrounding region??

Yeah you got it right, everything we Aussie do is trying to **** China off because American tell us so, we get the F-35 from them to replace the F-18 we had is to **** off the Chinese; We get the 2 LHD from Spain and converting them into mini-Carrier is to **** off the Chinese; We follow the American in Iraq and Afghanistan is also to **** off the Chinese. We upgrade our F88 rifle is to deter the Chinese aggression. We bought 4 air-defence destroyer is again because of the Chinese aggression. Literally every step we do is to **** off a major trading partner and a country that have 10,000 mile spacing between us without any dispute. Yes, you got us Aussie right.

Is this what you want to hear??

So my Citizen of the World, when are you leasing us a Nuclear Submarine ? :what:

I thought we were brothers ? :cray:

So my Citizen of the World, when are you leasing us a Nuclear Submarine ? :what:

I thought we were brothers ? :cray:

We are brothers, we belong to a brotherhood called "Human kind" you and me were brothers and me and the next guy sitting next to me now in the library is also brothers and I would MOST DEFINITELY want the hottie sitting 2 tables across me my Sister.......

You really want the Chinese nuke sub? They are untested and they only got a few of them in stock anyway :)

We are brothers, we belong to a brotherhood called "Human kind" you and me were brothers and me and the next guy sitting next to me now in the library is also brothers and I would MOST DEFINITELY want the hottie sitting 2 tables across me my Sister.......

You really want the Chinese nuke sub? They are untested and they only got a few of them in stock anyway :)

Apparently we're making our own Nuclear Submarine ! :undecided:

lol dude, MANY THINGS WAS WRONG IN YOUR COMMENT.

Do you know how many Military conflict did India and China have in the past 100 years??

1967 Sino-India War
1967 Sino-Indian skirmish
1987 Sino-Indian skirmish
2013 LOC standoff.

Between 1990-2010 there are estimated 300 incident of border incursion, smaller scale skirmishes happen between India and China.

So you are saying the IOR region is Stable. Well.............

you lived in a dream world now??

So,
US (Nuke power since 1945) war with Vietnam and China (Nuke power in 1967) does not happened??
India (Nuke power since 1974) Kargil war with Pakistan (Nuke power since 1998) in 1999 never happened??

Is these part of history blocked out from your end??

So what wrong with allies and offer US arms. Do you have a problem US giving Australia arms? So does that mean every time we aussie buy something from American and it have to go thru you first? To see if there are an agenda behind it??

I only mentioned Asylum Seeker 2 times in this convo, the second time I mention them is because you ask if that was the main reason for the nuke sub. So I only actively mentioned it once. Well, seems like you have a thing for Asylum Seeker more than me

So next time when you go out with you ABSURD idea between US and Australia, try LIVING IN ONE OF THOSE PLACE FIRST. A Turk living in Netherland trying to tell off an Australia he got it wrong with Australian Politic. What an absurd idea. What do you know about Australia and how well you know about the surrounding region??

Yeah you got it right, everything we Aussie do is trying to **** China off because American tell us so, we get the F-35 from them to replace the F-18 we had is to **** off the Chinese; We get the 2 LHD from Spain and converting them into mini-Carrier is to **** off the Chinese; We follow the American in Iraq and Afghanistan is also to **** off the Chinese. We upgrade our F88 rifle is to deter the Chinese aggression. We bought 4 air-defence destroyer is again because of the Chinese aggression. Literally every step we do is to **** off a major trading partner and a country that have 10,000 mile spacing between us without any dispute. Yes, you got us Aussie right.

Is this what you want to hear??
A nice story,but come to reality now.
I know you are chinese and have affection for China more then for Australia.
Again i repeat,a war between nuclear powers not possible(incidents maybe but war never).
And next time,if it hurt you that much that you allmost had to cry.
Dude relax didnt want to upset you.
And where did i say something about all weapons are bought to pizz off China?
You came up with that idea.
The second person today saying that you have to live at the place to comment about it,must be that day of the month.

A nice story,but come to reality now.
I now you are chinese and have affection for China more then for Australia.
Again i repeat,a war between nuclear powers not possible(incidents maybe but war never).
And next time,if it hurt you that much that you allmost had to cry.
Dude relax didnt want to upset you.
And where did i say something about all weapons are bought to pizz off China?
You came up with that idea.
The second person today saying that you have to live at the place to comment about it,must be that day of the month.

I don't really remember how many time this is someone in this forum tell me that Australia is just a pawn in the grander US Political scheme and we will do whatever they told us to.

Problem is, we too is a country, and when we have a country we have the duty to defend them. Be that mean we need to buy, lend or least other country weapon to carry out this duty.

Problem is, what we are different than the American or Japan to this extent, when we use the word "Defence" in our defence force, we LITERALLY mean defence only. What you want to think on the other side of the world is well, your own problem. We need hardware to defend our land, obviously counting on 6 diesel sub and 12 frigate to defend our coast is no longer possible. We need all those thing we need, but not because we really want to p-off someone or kiss some one arse on it, but we literally need them. You may think we are a quiet and peaceful country, but we do have our need, for that outside will never understand

Back
Top Bottom