What's new

United States To Lease Or Sell A Nuclear Submarine To Australia

Most likely be just stationed in Australia,operated by USN. It wont do anything but these two things.

1: P iss off China [Deeply],which can prove fatal for Australian economy.
2: Turns Australia into a bullseye.
Indonesian friends used to ask me why they should develop armed forces now they have the answer not only china other countries are also in danger

So any news from USA leasing for selling new N-submarines to Australia or Australia becoming a partner or investor in US N-powered submarines to get some 6 of them till 2025.

Indonesian friends used to ask me why they should develop armed forces now they have the answer not only china other countries are also in danger

I dont know why your Indonesian friend asked you such question. To me I think that Indonesian is in a very sensitive situation. They have many islands and there are lots of natural resources. In order to protect them from the cupidity of China, Philippines and Malaysia, they obviously have to invest huge amount of money on air force and submarine.

In order to protect them from the cupidity of China, Philippines and Malaysia, they obviously have to invest huge amount of money on air force and submarine.

First af all - from USA "democratization"!!! :police:

I think that U-216 was offered by Germans to Australia, but now things are quite clear as USA found an investor for theie N-Powered Submarines.

But I am not happy with Australian Air Force like they should have bought some 60 F/A-18E/F and some addition F/A-18A/B/C/D from Malaysia, Kuwait and USA may be to complement the fleet...

Why would China send a sub to Australia?????

Just an American move for expanding their influence.

America needs to stay out of Australia.

Because they are the leader of the western world....

Australia should get an supercarrier from US.
Also, Japan should get one. This will ensure the security of East Asia and Pacific region.

Australia should get an supercarrier from US.
Also, Japan should get one. This will ensure the security of East Asia and Pacific region.

relax, we are getting 2 canberra class. They will be carrier down under

relax, we are getting 2 canberra class. They will be carrier down under

Canberra class ships are 28k Ton Helicopter carriers. Those are not good enough to power projection beyond coastal regions. What we need is ships which can do power projection all over Asia-Pacific.

well do they need it i doubt it nuke sub for aussies watage of money

Insignificant development, Australian navy can't even stop asylum seekers on a dinghy what good will just one nuke sub make, make itself a pawn in the geopolitical arena?

Before getting silly ideas of a expanding navy, Australia need to get some dole bludgers off welfare, with the extra taxes and savings then you can start talking navy.

Back
Top Bottom