What's new

United States intends to sell C-130 transport planes to China (Update 2)

I'm just joking with this, but

Is it an appreciation deal? No pun intended.

^^^^^
The most advanced C-130s today have been massively upgraded from those sold to China decades back: new engines and props, new structures, new avionics. I don't know how this "oil spill" model is configured, but really why would China buy it rather than the Y-9 stuff if they weren't getting something new?

none of the new structures, engines and avionics will be included though. what's more likely is the US digs through its aircraft scrapyards, fixes the planes up, and sell.

Let us not overlook the political significance of the deal as well. Sino-U.S. relations need a break given the recent developments. I wonder if this deal ties in with the recent decision to reestablish military exchange between China and the U.S.
Maybe that's it, then.

it was a classic design, i admit, but not now. let alone the inferiority of the model itself, the risk of 'maintenance and warranty service' must be taken into account as well. Unless its price is much much lower than Y-9's, it is even no need to consider the deal.

Can't believe some of you did not know Stealth was being sarcastic.

OMG that is the understatement of the decade maxx! No one on this thread except for you got that!!! Someone even thanked Stealth for it :woot:.

I was wondering why Stealth turned on Chinese product all of a sudden. Apologies to Stealth.

its not about 50 years old! its about AMERICAN MADE!!

Chineese mostly working on cheap stuff... so even 10 years old hardware will go into trash!

American made product .... u will use more 50 years + past 50 years!

Quality always measure which our chinese brother dont understand. Have u eva sit in any American made car ?? Chevorlet ? Dodge ? Chrysler, Caddliac ??? try it ... thn u understand American 50 years old design, technology, quality stil matter more thn any thing!

WOW! Welcome to the birth of a new fanatics!

But China still hasn’t trashed its liquid propelled nuclear missiles yet, which are at least 40 years old and are ready to be consumed by any foolhardy warmongers.

In addition, I personally drove a Chevorlet Malibu Classic. Fortunately I dumped it long time ago. Otherwise, just the cost of gasoline would cause me broke… :taz:

its not about 50 years old! its about AMERICAN MADE!!

Chineese mostly working on cheap stuff... so even 10 years old hardware will go into trash!

American made product .... u will use more 50 years + past 50 years!

Quality always measure which our chinese brother dont understand. Have u eva sit in any American made car ?? Chevorlet ? Dodge ? Chrysler, Caddliac ??? try it ... thn u understand American 50 years old design, technology, quality stil matter more thn any thing!

Thank you for let me know the american C130 was designed 50 YEARS AGO. Then I think we should definitely not buy it.

BTW, if you take a look at "Customer Review" report published in the united states every year, you will know how amiercan people feel about their american made car with american brands. But I doubt you know it.

Yeah, we chinese people don't have a sense of quality, Happy? Now, go buy your stuff "made in china". What else can you choose, let me know.

Talking about quality, i have a friend in Shanghai who is a supplier of Reno, a frence car maker. One day, a manager from Reno contacted my friend regarding product quality improvements. My friend told him what he required is not a problem at all, but he needs to increase the price accordingly as he will have to buy more advanced machines. Then the Reno manager said forget it and just keep the current quality.

So, both the Reno manager and my firend don't have sense of quality? This senario happens to every Chinese exporting company. You get the quality you pay for.

^^^^^
The most advanced C-130s today have been massively upgraded from those sold to China decades back: new engines and props, new structures, new avionics. I don't know how this "oil spill" model is configured, but really why would China buy it rather than the Y-9 stuff if they weren't getting something new?

I think they are trying to help Obama out as this will creates some jobs or preserve some plus brings the USA China trade deficit with undercontrol or closer to the target.

Talking about quality, i have a friend in Shanghai who is a supplier of Reno, a frence car maker. One day, a manager from Reno contacted my friend regarding product quality improvements. My friend told him what he required is not a problem at all, but he needs to increase the price accordingly as he will have to buy more advanced machines. Then the Reno manager said forget it and just keep the current quality.

So, both the Reno manager and my firend don't have sense of quality? This senario happens to every Chinese exporting company. You get the quality you pay for.

I think you talk about Renaut

Back
Top Bottom