What's new

United States intends to sell C-130 transport planes to China (Update 2)

Then tell us what happened on ford and GM in 2009. Is it a KIND of political or financial support?
If you are going to criticize someone for receiving any kind of government support for any reason, you better make sure that you do not receive the same. But if you are willing to examine the issue in an objective light, then we must examine when did the governmental support came in and why. Only then can any criticism be valid.

If you are going to criticize someone for receiving any kind of government support for any reason, you better make sure that you do not receive the same. But if you are willing to examine the issue in an objective light, then we must examine when did the governmental support came in and why. Only then can any criticism be valid.

Can I interprete your word as "it is a kind of political or financial support" but it just in case.

Actually I can say same thing.Chinese car producer "receive the same. But if you are willing to examine the issue in an objective light, then we must examine when did the governmental support came in and why. Only then can any criticism be valid."

Actually I don't want criticise US economic stimulate plan. I know it is for employment rate

I just mention a turth US is not good at car anymore to that guy.

why bother to buy a plane designed 50 years ago?
Because it is still an outstanding, not merely good or excellent, but a truly outstanding design despite the years passed. If the US government approve the sale, China would be foolish to pass this up out of nationalistic pride. The less the ability to design, manufacture, and support, the greater the dependence upon the supplier. China does not have this problem, so the wise thing to do is to buy the C-130 with its proven history and build future indigenous versions of it.

Because it is still an outstanding, not merely good or excellent, but a truly outstanding design despite the years passed. If the US government approve the sale, China would be foolish to pass this up out of nationalistic pride. The less the ability to design, manufacture, and support, the greater the dependence upon the supplier. China does not have this problem, so the wise thing to do is to buy the C-130 with its proven history and build future indigenous versions of it.

The reality is China have C-130 in 1980, and do not build future indigenous version based on it.

China now is seeking partner and developing C919 and ARJ21 and new version Y-8(Y-8 is same class with C-130 and it ihas been service more than 35 years)

Follwoing Pic is C-130 in China, you know China and US was a alliance in early 1980's

US aircraft indeed outpace all others, but C-130 does not meet the need, If US sell C-17 China will definitely buy a lot. Maybe China will buy several unit C-130, But I don't think it gonna be a big deal.

c130_cn.jpg

The reality is China have C-130 in 1980, and do not build future indigenous version based on it.
That does not mean the original C-130 design is 'inferior' in any way. If you or anyone else is going to call it 'inferior' or 'crap', there must be a comparison table. Where is it?

China now is seeking and developing C919 and ARJ21 and newversion Y-8(Y-8 is same class with C-130 and it ihas been service more than 35 years)
You can tag it any way you want. But that is an indigenous version of the proven C-130.

That does not mean the original C-130 design is 'inferior' in any way. If you or anyone else is going to call it 'inferior' or 'crap', there must be a comparison table. Where is it?

You can tag it any way you want. But that is an indigenous version of the proven C-130.

Dude did I say C-130 is crap? I said China can build same class aircraft and that's it.

and Y-8 is indigenous of C-130? USSR and An-12 is crying.

Y-8 was in service in 1974 and first C-130 was sold to China in 1980

why bother to buy a plane designed 50 years ago?
Because the C-130 was decades ahead of other military transports from the day it was built, and has been continuously improved since.

I am surprised the White House said yes. China's reputation as a technology-grabber is legendary: buy one or two and then build copies, usually violating the terms of the license. (Chinese do not recognize intellectual property.) So if China really orders two dozen I'll be shocked.

^^^ They already had them in the 80's. So unless US selling more modern version there's not much point buying.

And most likely they learned from it and incorporated parts of its designs into the Y-9 project.

Also PLAAF now have sufficient money to both buy and design/build their own.

^^^^^
The most advanced C-130s today have been massively upgraded from those sold to China decades back: new engines and props, new structures, new avionics. I don't know how this "oil spill" model is configured, but really why would China buy it rather than the Y-9 stuff if they weren't getting something new?

Let us not overlook the political significance of the deal as well. Sino-U.S. relations need a break given the recent developments. I wonder if this deal ties in with the recent decision to reestablish military exchange between China and the U.S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom