What's new

Featured United States has secretly built and tested a prototype of a potentially sixth generation fighter jet.

Once this goes into production, make F-22 available for friendly countries.

They have the F-35 for that....Raptor tech will never be given to anyone.

Like something out of the X-Files

Very doubtful, but would love to know if it has stable matter & antimatter containment

Look amazing bro, God, Spielberg will be proud hahah.

But congrats to the US in general. I have a strong feeling something very huge is going to be revealed.

But congrats to the US in general. I have a strong feeling something very huge is going to be revealed.

Just indicates the US is taking China seriously at this point.

I see Americans are turning into Indians :rofl:

Most experts in the defense community thought 2030 would be the earliest we’d see a full scale 6th gen prototype. That the US has pulled this forward a decade is an incredible accomplishment. I’m sure the prime contractor is Lockheed Skunk Works.

Most experts in the defense community thought 2030 would be the earliest we’d see a full scale 6th gen prototype. That the US has pulled this forward a decade is an incredible accomplishment. I’m sure the prime contractor is Lockheed Skunk Works.

So what?

You just make a yuuuge noise for nothing, just a prototype, and even without picture, and you are jumping up and down like this and claim you win? :rofl:

Guess what, China has test flight our next generation aircraft many times already, in CAC, and also without picture, so we Chinese just dont discuss that much.

Besides rumors say China's next generation aircraft is likely to go hypersonic wave-raider-like route, lets see who's route works better in the future.

So a tailless fighter seems to be a high profile item.

Yep, that was pretty much what all the geeks and the people in the mix and all the authors writing articles about it in combat aircraft mags were talking about that would be the fundamental element of what will make the aircraft a 6th generation platform is the lack of any tail or canted stabilizer or even all movable stabilators. So essentially it should be close to a flying wing or a delta-shaped with flaps and or ailerons to make it thin as a sheet and definitely nothing vertical at all.

So what?

You just make a yuuuge noise for nothing, just a prototype, and even without picture, and you are jumping up and down like this and claim you win? :rofl:

Guess what, China has test flight our next generation aircraft many times already, in CAC, and also without picture, so we Chinese just dont discuss that much.

Besides rumors say China's next generation aircraft is likely to go hypersonic wave-raider-like route, lets see who's route works better in the future.
1600208509565.gif

Let China first build a credible jet engine. Everything else is a distraction.China is decades away from the US in terms of technology.

Btw, the so-called NGAD is a distrubted platform according to your own airforce, and using an iterative design, update per 5 years.

So at this stage, an tech demonstrator is most likely just a UAV demonstator, yet the americans jump up and down like this :rofl:

So what?

The US is decades ahead of China in aviation technology. China has barely started on stealth airframes and 5th gen fighters, while US experience goes back to the early 90s. There is no comparison. Who are you trying to fool?

“NGAD right now is designing, assembling, testing in the digital world [and] exploring things that would have cost us time and money to wait for physical-world results,” he said during a keynote address at the Air Force Association’s Air, Space & Cyber conference, which was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. “But if you think that we don't care about physical-world results, we do. In fact, NGAD has come so far that the full-scale flight demonstrator has already flown in the physical world.”

In a teleconference with reporters after his presentation, Roper was tightlipped about the technology demonstrator and declined to provide details such as whether it was manned or unmanned, citing classification levels and a desire to avoid spilling secrets to China and Russia.

“All I can say is that the NGAD test flights have been amazing,” he said. “Records have been broken.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine...light-testing-next-gen-air-dominance-platform

View attachment 670250

Let China first build a credible jet engine. Everything else is a distraction.China is decades away from the US in terms of technology.

Good to see you bring out engines, or turbine fan engine to be precious, I guess you are only somewhat confident in you get an upper hand in turbine fan engine tech.

But the problem with China's next generation aircraft tested so far suggesting China's NG fighter will actually use new mechanism engine, so good luck with that.

This is not surprising. The F-22's first flight was over 23 years ago so it should not come as a shock that they have produced a prototype of next gen plane. I assume it will be comprised of a combination of manned and unmanned platforms. The concept of a "6th generation" fighter is vague and not properly defined from my perspective. Normally the Americans appear to set the standard regarding what defines a particular generation so it would interesting to see what standards will be set by this fighter jet.

Having said all of the above, people should not get carried away. The declaration of this news does not make the US more ahead that it was already, it was just revealing something publicly that the likes of Russia, China etc were already most certainly aware of. Talking of Russia and China, they're also working on such system, but it remains to be seen how far they are from inducing their own prototypes. Russia is still in the game but slow, and China is moving up, fast. From my perspective, this revelation does not change the dynamics that much. But I do have to say, I feel the Americans these days are quick to talk about their developments. China is the main reason for that.

With the arrival of 6th generation manned and unmanned swarming fighter jets and manoeuvring hypersonic systems, the air defence sectors of competing nations, especially those without a major airforce need to take the necessary leaps to stay in the game.

No its this one ...it's super secret please do not share.

We now copy the Chinese :triniti:
capture7-1.jpg

Reported for trolling.

White folks like you oughta know when to keep them mouths shut homie it aint right to go around talkin up the trash talk. It aint right to start actin up like white trash knowwhatimsayin

“NGAD right now is designing, assembling, testing in the digital world [and] exploring things that would have cost us time and money to wait for physical-world results,” he said during a keynote address at the Air Force Association’s Air, Space & Cyber conference, which was held virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. “But if you think that we don't care about physical-world results, we do. In fact, NGAD has come so far that the full-scale flight demonstrator has already flown in the physical world.”

In a teleconference with reporters after his presentation, Roper was tightlipped about the technology demonstrator and declined to provide details such as whether it was manned or unmanned, citing classification levels and a desire to avoid spilling secrets to China and Russia.

“All I can say is that the NGAD test flights have been amazing,” he said. “Records have been broken.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine...light-testing-next-gen-air-dominance-platform

Time is not a good measure to define tech levels.

Albert Einstein's high school phyiscs teacher was decade ahead of Einstein in physics since he knew Newton's first law decades earlier than Einstein.

I hope this example can make even you could realize your stupidity

Back
Top Bottom