What's new

Unexpected invite: PM ‘likely’ to attend Modi’s oath-taking

True but reminding them how to respect other nation's PM wouldn't do any bad.

If you say anything about their leaders, they won't mind since they do not like their leader like we do. They use even worse word for their leader so no benefit.

Hehehe...mate they actually hate their present leaders, whereas I've also stated that I might also drag in their past leaders :D

If you say anything about their leaders, they won't mind since they do not like their leader like we do. They use even worse word for their leader so no benefit.

it's like Damn you do and damn you don't.

If Nawaz Sharif say NO ,it means that he is not serious about peace initiative and could not reign over Pakistan's establishment.

If He says yes , he is clubbed with other SAARC leaders and conform to regional leadership of India in South Asia.

Modi has shown his mettle by making smart move on the first day itself.8-)

Wow!

Accepting Modi's invitation is the gracious thing to do, and Nawaz Sharif should attend as a sign of regional friendship and good manners.

It doesn't in any way, shape or form accept India's hegemony.

If Obama accepts an invitation from Cambodia's leaders, does it mean that Cambodia becomes the world 'leader'?

Pakistan-India relations: Shahbaz meets COAS – The Express Tribune

Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to discuss Pakistan-India relations in the wake of recent shift of power in New Delhi.

According to well-placed sources, both the CM Punjab and COAS discussed India’s prime minister-in-waiting Narindra Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to participate in his oath-taking ceremony on May 26 along with SAARC nations’ heads.

They said that both Raheel Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif agreed that in view of the advice of various stakeholders a high-powered delegation, instead of the PM, should attend the ceremony.

The sources said CM Shahbaz and Raheel Sharif discussed composition of the delegation and the possible issues the Pakistani delegation could face during its trip.

They said Shahbaz along with PM’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi and Adviser to PM on National Security Sartaj Aziz are likely to participate in the oath-taking ceremony.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2014.

Pakistan-India relations: Shahbaz meets COAS – The Express Tribune

Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to discuss Pakistan-India relations in the wake of recent shift of power in New Delhi.

According to well-placed sources, both the CM Punjab and COAS discussed India’s prime minister-in-waiting Narindra Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to participate in his oath-taking ceremony on May 26 along with SAARC nations’ heads.

They said that both Raheel Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif agreed that in view of the advice of various stakeholders a high-powered delegation, instead of the PM, should attend the ceremony.

The sources said CM Shahbaz and Raheel Sharif discussed composition of the delegation and the possible issues the Pakistani delegation could face during its trip.

They said Shahbaz along with PM’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi and Adviser to PM on National Security Sartaj Aziz are likely to participate in the oath-taking ceremony.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2014.

So Modis Plan Worked ?

Now he has the notion that its not him who doesn't want it ,but pak army is the real messy thing.

Wow!

Accepting Modi's invitation is the gracious thing to do, and Nawaz Sharif should attend as a sign of regional friendship and good manners.

It doesn't in any way, shape or form accept India's hegemony.

If Obama accepts an invitation from Cambodia's leaders, does it mean that Cambodia becomes the world 'leader'?

More likely thing is that Modi is testing the waters to determine the extent of civil-military discord in Pakistan

So Modis Plan Worked ?

Now he has the notion that its not him who doesn't want it ,but pak army is the real messy thing.

I guess the younger Shareef himself will be the so called "high-powered' delegation.

Hehehe...mate they actually hate their present leaders, whereas I've also stated that I might also drag in their past leaders :D

they hate everybody. From Zinha to sharif. If you watch youtube, you would see their people raising the voice against Zinha also.

More likely thing is that Modi is testing the waters to determine the extent of civil-military discord in Pakistan

Modi's connection to the Gujarat riots is not of interest to the military. If Nawaz Sharif attends, the usual suspects in Pakistan will make noises, but the military won't be one of them.

Modi's connection to the Gujarat riots is not of interest to the military. If Nawaz Sharif attends, the usual suspects in Pakistan will make noises, but the military won't be one of them.

The recent statements made by Modi during the election and after, has confirmed what I have been saying all along. Modi is not for Hindutva, Modi is for Modi.

The recent statements made by Modi during the election and after, has confirmed what I have been saying all along. Modi is not for Hindutva, Modi is for Modi.

Many interest groups have expectations from Modi and he must keep them placated. It remains to be seen what he will offer to each group.

I haven't read this thread but, if true, it's an indication of his priorities for payback to his support groups.

Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi

Many interest groups have expectations from Modi and he must keep them placated. It remains to be seen what he will offer to each group.

I haven't read this thread but, if true, it's an indication of his priorities for payback to his support groups.

Both are valid goals.

But the context is important. I mean, you can encourage Pundits to return to Kashmir as a reconciliation measure, or to piss people off.

A country ha legally the right to deport illegals. But if it is a veiled code word for somethingelse :angel:

How is this payback?

This is simple rule of the land. The Kashmiris have a home in Kashmir, they were driven out. It is the Govt's job to make sure that they go back and that they are not threatened ever again.

Same for illegals, its GoI's job to prevent illegal immigration to India.

Are you suggesting that GoI carrying out its job is 'payback' for something?

A country ha legally the right to deport illegals. But if it is a veiled code word for somethingelse :angel:

We all know what the subtext is behind the alleged illegals' hysteria.

How is this payback?

It's a statement of his priorities and a slap on the face of Indian Muslims. Both these measures are aimed against Indian Muslims (unless you believe that Kashmiri Muslims are not Indian Muslims).

This is simple rule of the land. The Kashmiris have a home in Kashmir, they were driven out. It is the Govt's job to make sure that they go back and that they are not threatened ever again.

The Pandit issue is hardly the most pressing issue facing India. As I said, by making it one of his top priorities, Modi is sending a message both to Hindus and Muslims.

Same for illegals, its GoI's job to prevent illegal immigration to India.

The hysteria over alleged illegals is a demonization of Indian Muslims of Bengali descent. This is a license to go on a witchhunt against any Indian Muslim who happens to be Bengali. The central government may pretend to be respectful of rule of law but, given what happened in Gujarat, we know that the situation on the ground will be very different. Every local official and civilian will view Bengali Muslim Indians with suspicion and as illegal, regardless of the facts.

It legitimizes discrimination and local abuse of power against Muslims -- a throwback to Modi's days in 2002 Gujarat.

Last edited:
It's a statement of his priorities and a slap on the face of Indian Muslims. Both these measures are aimed against Indian Muslims (unless you believe that Kashmiri Muslims are not Indian Muslims).
How is sending Kashmiri Pandits back in Kashmir against Kashmiri Muslims?
If anything the Kashmiri Muslims should welcome this move with open arms as they are supposed to be fighting for all Kashmiris right?

Or are you implicitly suggesting that having Hindus in Kashmir is a bad thing?

Because by no stretch of imagination can I find this move against Kashmiri Muslims, let alone other Indian Muslims. Pandits belong to the Valley, they be helped now in settling back. Its GoI's job to ensure that.

The Pandit issue is hardly the most pressing issue facing India. As I said, by making it one of his top priorities, Modi is sending a message both to Hindus and Muslims.
This is a Government. It does 30 things simultaneously. Its supposed to be that way.
The GoI is already enroute to reforming the Government. There is a major government structural reorganization happening, the largest in more than 3 decades! Many ministries are being merged, consolidated amid other happenings.

The Government is focused on hundreds of things at the same time. Simultaneously, they have already charted out an economic recovery plan, many legislation have already been studied and changes have already been proposed.

Heck even a detailed action plan to rejuvinate Varanasi(from which Modi has fought the election) has already been drawn!

Heck the Kashmir thing is not even a blip in terms of priorities.

All of this before the Government even takes charge, which happens on the 26th(day after tomorrow)! This is how a Govt should be run, it should be dynamic and with the ability to multi-task.
The hysteria over alleged illegals is a demonization of Indian Muslims of Bengali descent. This is a license to go on a witchhunt against any Indian Muslim who happens to be Bengali. The central government may pretend to be respectful of rule of law but, given what happened in Gujarat, we know that the situation on the ground will be very different. Every local official and civilian will view Bengali Muslim Indians with suspicion and as illegal, regardless of the facts.

It legitimizes discrimination and local abuse of power against Muslims -- a throwback to Modi's days in 2002 Gujarat.
Again, a fallacy.
I wonder if you dont trust Indian media reports, would you trust UN reports?
Because UN in its last immigration report has highlighted that the largest migration happening in the world is from Bangladesh to India.
Now where do you think they are going?
There are few Bengali Muslims, its like saying that there are millions and millions of Punjabi Muslims in India. That would be wrong right? Because an overwhelming majority of Punjabi Muslims migrated to Pakistani Punjab. Its the same with Bengalis.

So unless you are one of those who will still keep parroting the same theme that its Indian Bengali Muslims who are being targeted despite being given evidence - Indian, United Nations - to the contrary, there is no debate on this. Everyone here is aware of the reality.

I dont peg you to be one of those who keep parroting the same lines after being provided proof, which is why I am explaining this all.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom