What's new

Unexpected invite: PM ‘likely’ to attend Modi’s oath-taking

That was yesterday. Then today as I mentioned above things have changed.

And i though that was recent tweet. No one have confirmed it anything so far, nothing have changed. Nawaz is yet to take any decision.

And i though that was recent tweet. No one have confirmed it anything so far, nothing have changed. Nawaz is yet to take any decision.

Till yesterday the possibility was quite high. Nasim Zehra must have had some inside information to declare it. There were others too. Now I will be surprised if he decides to attend it. I am not quite sure if he has the courage to go against the army here.

Till yesterday the possibility was quite high. Nasim Zehra must have had some inside information to declare it. There were others too. Now I will be surprised if he decides to attend it. I am not quite sure if he has the courage to go against the army here.

Not really, she is anchor thats it not insider. Army will not decide weather Nawaz goes or not.

Not really, she is anchor thats it not insider. Army will not decide weather Nawaz goes or not.

When it comes to India, Army decides everything. Pakistan is not yet at a stage where a civilian govt can overrule PA over India. PA is the biggest and the most powerful political party in Pakistan.

Kind of ridiculous that Nawaz cannot even take a decision on his own. How does he expect to GOI to take him seriously and engage with him and his government in any talks?.

Any discussions with Nawaz sharif will be a waste of time, he is just a puppet when it comes to Indian policy.

When it comes to India, Army decides everything. Pakistan is not yet at a stage where a civilian govt can overrule PA over India. PA is the biggest and the most powerful political party in Pakistan.

Not really, after all its just a visit. Nawaz made his intentions clear before elections. This is just a visit, not war where PA will take over and ignore Nawaz.

Again as i said if he goes then army defied and if not then army intervened. In both cases you will blame PA anyway.

Kind of ridiculous that Nawaz cannot even take a decision on his own. How does he expect to take GOI to take him seriously and engage with him and his government in any talks?.

Any discussions with Nawaz sharif will be a waste of time, he is just a puppet when it comes to Indian policy.

It has always been the same story. You have to understand that without the fear from India, PA would be useless and eventually sized down. So, to maintain their own strength, animosity with India is a must. That's why you see a Kargil after peace talks or a 26/11 when things were going in the right direction. Yes talks with the civilian govt are not very productive right now. However if Pakistan can continue the democratic process for a few terms, there will be a day when the civilian govt would have enough power to take decisions on its own. PA knows that. That is why I expect another coup in the next few years.

Not really, after all its just a visit. Nawaz made his intentions clear before elections. This is just a visit, not war where PA will take over and ignore Nawaz.

Again as i said if he goes then army defied and if not then army intervened. In both cases you will blame PA anyway.
not really look at it this way sir, who do we talk to ? the army or the civilian govt ?

Emnity with india is not based on Pak Army

Its based upon the occupation of Kashmir by India and a alot of history between the two, Neither Nawaz nor any other PM could make peace without the core issues being resolved first

not really look at it this way sir, who do we talk to ? the army or the civilian govt ?

The civillian goverment who has been elected

It has always been the same story. You have to understand that without the fear from India, PA would be useless and eventually sized down. So, to maintain their own strength, animosity with India is a must. That's why you see a Kargil after peace talks or a 26/11 when things were going in the right direction. Yes talks with the civilian govt are not very productive right now. However if Pakistan can continue the democratic process for a few terms, there will be a day when the civilian govt would have enough power to take decisions on its own. PA knows that. That is why I expect another coup in the next few years.

Forget few years - they are talking about mid term elections right now. The present govt most likely will be booted out for the GEO ruckus.

Any engagement with the civilian government in Pakistan is a waste of time because they cannot deliver - precisely the reason why west, china and Saudis prefer talking to the military. The only outcome that the civilian govt would expect in any pak -indo engagement will be concessions from india so that they can carry that report card to their masters. MFN, peace talks, diplomacy in Pakistan is always at the mercy of its army.

This was a master stroke by Modi to show the incapabilities of the present Pak regime.

Forget few years - they are talking about mid term elections right now. The present govt most likely will be booted out for the GEO ruckus.

Any engagement with the civilian government in Pakistan is a waste of time because they cannot deliver - precisely the reason why west, china and Saudis prefer talking to the military. The only outcome that the civilian govt would expect in any pak -indo engagement will be concessions from india so that they can carry that report card to their masters. MFN, peace talks, diplomacy in Pakistan is always at the mercy of its army.

This was a master stroke by Modi to show the incapabilities of the present Pak regime.

I agree. It and the subsequent attack on the Indian consulate exposed the reality within Pakistan once again. Whether Nawaz Sharif attends it or not, either way it's advantage Modi.

And blame PA/ISI for 26/11, as i said before you already made up your mind. Excuses are ready if he accept it or not.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom