What's new

Ulfa chief slams planned border swap deal: report

What is it with bangladeshish and north east! It's as if georgia claiming they will take over siberia from russia!

India realizes there is a limit that it cannot go beyond in the case of BD. Send in the IAF and lose the North East.

Is this guy insane or what?

You will not be able withstand even a single day of onslaught.

Is this guy insane or what?

You will not be able withstand even a single day of onslaught.

Hahahaha. These kids think their country is the local US.

Kids, '71 only worked because we helped india separate Pakistan. Why not try and go save Baluchistan and see if it works this time?

Onslaught? :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

What is it with bangladeshish and north east! It's as if georgia claiming they will take over siberia from russia!

Poor analogy. Look at the map.

Kids, '71 only worked because we helped india separate Pakistan. Why not try and go save Baluchistan and see if it works this time?

Onslaught? :lol:

Ok you really have a strong army and a backbone as well,happy?
BTW,how about concentrating on creating some order within your own ranks ?Not long time ago,an entire wing of the armed forces mutinied,not only in as many as 12 different towns but also the capital itself,and killed the DG in process.Have some shame,that this is the level of order you have.With command and control this bad,not to mention equipments,you think BD is capable of defending herself ? You all will be washed away to Bay of Bengal even before you realize,god forbid if situation becomes compelling enough to take action.

Ok you really have a strong army and a backbone as well,happy?
BTW,how about concentrating on creating some order within your own ranks ?Not long time ago,an entire wing of the armed forces mutinied,not only in as many as 12 different towns but also the capital itself,and killed the DG in process.Have some shame,that this is the level of order you have.With command and control this bad,not to mention equipments,you think BD is capable of defending herself ? You all will be washed away to Bay of Bengal even before you realize,god forbid if situation becomes compelling enough to take action.

You and some of banglaeshi members are all living in fools paradise . India cannot afford to take on a another ''Pakistan'' in this side and we cannot expect to withstand in front of a combine assault by Indian arm forces .

You and some of banglaeshi members are all living in fools paradise . India cannot afford to take on a another ''Pakistan'' in this side and we cannot expect to withstand in front of a combine assault by Indian arm forces .

By far, the most sane comment in this thread!

I wish you all well and all the prosperity that can be showered on you and your country.

There is no doubt that the Mukti Bahini help to the Indian Army speeded up the operations, but to feel that it would have been otherwise without this help is a bit of an over jingoism on your part.

I would indeed find it unfortunate if the day comes where BD is taking as an adversary. But if the situation does crop up, then I am afraid the consequences will not be in BD's favour.

If the push comes to shove, let the war experience and statistically numericals be the denominator to predict the results.

The geostrategic relativity also maybe taken into consideration!

What you people fail to understand that India does not covet BD. If it did, then after the Liberation, India could have done what the US does. Instead it withdrew and left it to Bangladeshis to build their future and chart their destiny. It is unfortunate that the Govts of both BD and India did not work towards a friendly and mutually beneficial relationship that would work towards the progress of each.

It is better to have friendship than have fiend-ship as the operative policy!

Ok so its a common knowledge in Bangladesh that Pilkhana rebellion was the handiwork of RAW and AL. So why doesn't BD army do anything about it then? No coup this time? They are going to let killers of their colleagues just get away with this?

So the Bangladeshi people know it, BNP knows it, Bangladesh Military establishment knows it, yet AL somehow manages to stay in power? As I said the story you guys tell don't add up. :cheesy:

Ok so its a common knowledge in Bangladesh that Pilkhana rebellion was the handiwork of RAW and AL. So why doesn't BD army do anything about it then? No coup this time? They are going to let killers of their colleagues just get away with this?

So the Bangladeshi people know it, BNP knows it, Bangladesh Military establishment knows it, yet AL somehow manages to stay in power? As I said the story you guys tell don't add up. :cheesy:

Indeed, I am equally confused as to why there has been no street protests by the Opposition on this issue if indeed India has orchestrated the Pilkhana pizazz, as they have done over the Constitution and Khaleda family up in the docks.

Or is it the usual game of blaming India for all their own home grown ills that is lapped up by the huge numbers of illiterate gullible?

Indeed, I am equally confused as to why there has been no street protests by the Opposition on this issue if indeed India has orchestrated the Pilkhana pizazz, as they have done over the Constitution and Khaleda family up in the docks.

Or is it the usual game of blaming India for all their own home grown ills that is lapped up by the huge numbers of illiterate gullible?

Most likely the case, but even the BNP doesn't make such outrageous claims. Its just the conspiracy theorist on this forum who happen to have some inside info.

We best shut our mouth though, we don't want Bangladeshi internet warriors to take over Indian North East do we?

The army do not actively engage in Bangladeshi mainstream politics. Also, military dictatorships aren't viewed favorably by the Western powers. Bangladesh can even face economic and military sanctions in face of that.

People have protested against the AL government.

Are you saying that the BD army is so incompetent, that it can't even commandeer its troops? :cheesy:

The army do not actively engage in Bangladeshi mainstream politics. Also, military dictatorships aren't viewed favorably by the Western powers. Bangladesh can even face economic and military sanctions in face of that.

I am not talking about military dictatorship. IF Bangladesh Army knows that India and in turn AL was responsible for the death of about 50-60 of their officers, surely they could come and overthrow the government, get rid of the culprits behind the massacare and conduct fresh elections. They did it in 2008, whats stopping them now?

People have protested against the AL government.

Are you saying that the BD army is so incompetent, that it can't even commandeer its troops? :cheesy:

Ah Zabanya! good to respond to you.

Cross your heart and tell us that the Army does not interfere. Check the history, if you will!

Military dictatorships are viewed most favourably by the West. Again check history and the neighbourhood. One has to be the US' SOB as Franklin said! That is why Gaddafi is a footnote and Assad is about to become! And the Muslim brothers are working overtime to help the US!!!!!!

The BD posters have given rosy pictures of BD being better than India and Pakistan. What are a few sanctions of the West to worry the resurging giant that BD is, as per your compatriots? And, as per the them, China is breaking down doors to help BD!

I am not saying that BD army is incompetent. I am merely wondering that they are mute spectators as Indians allegedly decimate their intelligent officerdom! More so, when they have displayed that they do not brook any nonsense as with Mujib's assassination and the coups to topple govts! That is the disconnect!

People have protested over Pilkhana? Links, please. And if they did, then was it the manner in which they have recently done where they have brought governance to a standstill?

Ah Zabanya! good to respond to you.

Cross your heart and tell us that the Army does not interfere. Check the history, if you will!

Military dictatorships are viewed most favourably by the West. Again check history and the neighbourhood. One has to be the US' SOB as Franklin said! That is why Gaddafi is a footnote and Assad is about to become! And the Muslim brothers are working overtime to help the US!!!!!!

The BD posters have given rosy pictures of BD being better than India and Pakistan. What are a few sanctions of the West to worry the resurging giant that BD is, as per your compatriots? And, as per the them, China is breaking down doors to help BD!

I am not saying that BD army is incompetent. I am merely wondering that they are mute spectators as Indians allegedly decimate their intelligent officerdom! More so, when they have displayed that they do not brook any nonsense as with Mujib's assassination and the coups to topple govts! That is the disconnect!

People have protested over Pilkhana? Links, please. And if they did, then was it the manner in which they have recently done where they have brought governance to a standstill?

The Middle East is a different matter.

Yes, the BD Army used to engage in politics. Just not anymore. Let me assure you, the West will not tolerate a military ruled Bangladesh. The US has already been extremely clear on that. I do not know about China.

No one has protested over the Pilkhana incident. People are too afraid to speak up in public. The AL has a strong backer after all :D But they have protested over other matters.

The only way to debunk the theories is to catch the masterminds. Someone did incite the jawans. If there is a credible conclusion to the matter, I'll shut up forever. I am not seeing a clear investigation into the matter. Seems to me that the AL is all uptight about the matter.

Regarding India, you know that the Shanti Bahini used to be helped by India? :azn: It was already stated during the Ershad regime. The Ershad government was a relatively efficient and effective government. The only downside being corruption. And since it was stated by Ershad himself, I'd certainly believe it.

Hell, even the Shanti Bahini themselves admitted that they had Indian help.
Bangladeshi Insurgents Say India Is Supporting Them - NYTimes.com

Although, that was a long time ago. How can there be any guarantee that India does not interfere in the national security of Bangladesh?

Back
Top Bottom